Author Topic: For those who know more about FF7 than I  (Read 3103 times)

Messiah99

• View Profile
For those who know more about FF7 than I
« on: 2004-05-31 07:21:01 »
Well, after searching the forums for this and finding nothing, I decided Id take it upon myself. Just one of those little things, but here goes...

In Junon, under the city, in the room immediately upon exiting the first elevator (where you fight the two guards who want to date the lift operator), there is a passage immediately to the right (left if you were looking through characters eyes, but I speak from 3rd person view). The first time you can see this is if you go out of your way as soon as you have free run of the city. Its guarded by a Shinra troop and a dog. When youre headed for the underwater reactor, you have to fight the troop, but the dog remains where it is. If you use the Assist button, it does acknowledge it as an exit passage from that room (red arrow), but after much trying, I have yet to find a way to pass it, the guard stops you saying it is for authorized personnel only, and once the guard is gone, the dog will still growl at you if you try.

Now to my point. Does anyone know anything about the room beyond that passage? I know there are several open ends in the game, as well as a number of things that do nothing and have no purpose. But I also know several of you here have more knowledge of reading the game files than I. If anyone either 1) knows what area Im refering to and knows something I dont, or 2) can read the game files and figure out what is beyond that passage, or if anything is at all, it would be much appreciated if you would be so kind as to tell me. If I need to clarify anything please tell me. Thank you all in advance!  :D

Edit: Spelling, 2:24 am, go figure, haha.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Re: For those who know more about FF7 than I
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-31 09:03:43 »
Quote from: Messiah99
Well, after searching the forums for this and finding nothing, I decided Id take it upon myself. Just one of those little things, but here goes...

In Junon, under the city, in the room immediately upon exiting the first elevator (where you fight the two guards who want to date the lift operator), there is a passage immediately to the right (left if you were looking through characters eyes, but I speak from 3rd person view). The first time you can see this is if you go out of your way as soon as you have free run of the city. Its guarded by a Shinra troop and a dog. When youre headed for the underwater reactor, you have to fight the troop, but the dog remains where it is. If you use the Assist button, it does acknowledge it as an exit passage from that room (red arrow), but after much trying, I have yet to find a way to pass it, the guard stops you saying it is for authorized personnel only, and once the guard is gone, the dog will still growl at you if you try.

Now to my point. Does anyone know anything about the room beyond that passage? I know there are several open ends in the game, as well as a number of things that do nothing and have no purpose. But I also know several of you here have more knowledge of reading the game files than I. If anyone either 1) knows what area Im refering to and knows something I dont, or 2) can read the game files and figure out what is beyond that passage, or if anything is at all, it would be much appreciated if you would be so kind as to tell me. If I need to clarify anything please tell me. Thank you all in advance!  :D

Edit: Spelling, 2:24 am, go figure, haha.

As you said, The game does have MANY open ends... Its a possibility that there is a room there, but is more likely than not just a part of the game that square didn't hae time to take out before the game had to go on sale so they simply blocked it off..Ill have a gander thru the feild data veiwer later when i get back from town...around 6 tonight :P

Its a possibility however that this is simply just a glitch (the exit marker being there) and actually means nothing...a red herring if you will....

So yea, ill take a looksee tonight.

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-31 09:08:01 »
Thanks a million. As I said, I know there are a LOT of open ends, but at the same time, that one always struck me and stood out, because, to my knowledge, there are no other occurences like that one, any other door or passage that was not meant to be accessable is not marked as one via that red arrow. But if you do get around to that, it would be helpful, just to ease my curiousity, haha. Id do it, but I know nothing of the makeup of those files and how to read them.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-31 15:10:37 »
I remember this one! If you lose the Sub Minigame, and your Sub is sunk and you don't get the Huge Materia, how do you get the Key to the Ancients later on? Simple, you come back here. Get into a small battle with the guard, and the dog moves. Beyond that door is the Red Shinra submarine.

Connundrum solved!

-Contra

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-31 18:23:00 »
to tell you the truth Ive never lost the sub game, cant remember how i won them either, i always thought there was no way to lose, but i never tried :P

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-01 01:04:11 »
Yeah, you can go back thru there to get the red sub if you botch the mini game.  Alternatly, you don't HAVE to fight the gaurd: i think you can get him and the dog to join you like the three guys in the silver sub.

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-06-01 01:28:32 »
Well, that does sound reasonable, I figured if the sub got taken down you just died and had to start over. Ive always had to fight those guards, but no matter, I also never lose the sub game, haha. Thanks for the help everyone!  :D