Author Topic: By Barrets Beard ¿!?  (Read 4066 times)

wwnsx

By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« on: 2004-07-07 08:59:36 »
Well I'm fairly new here and this is my first post (yes I know read the FAQ) but I'm still Having a problem withh FFVII on my PC. I've read the faq and install the riva patch so i can use direct3d hardware accel which by the way makes it blow FFVII PSX out of the water. I'm oing to put the hires cloud patch on and some others but no matter what ATI Catalyst drivers i've used (i've tried 4.1-4.6) or vid settings etc. I can not get barrets beard to show up! when i'm in a battle but everything else so far
looks good. here a liek to my temp web site if you want to see a jpg of it http://mysite.verizon.net/res90l8f/index.html.
I would edit the 3d or texture file but i'm nto sure whtas causing this problem i even re did my win xp pro install (format, etc).

This is what i'm running
Dell Dimension XPS T500 (yup that's a pentium 3 500mhz)
448mb sd-ram
Hercules Radeon 8500le 128mb at agp 2x
intel se 440bx mainboard

if anybody has suggestions or file editing tips i'd surely be thankful
it's not a big problem if i cann't fix it

-thanks in advance
wwnsx

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-07 09:04:42 »
Oh my...The has got to be the funnyest thing ive seen today
lmao.

As for your problem, im afraid I have no idea...Perhaps running in software mode?

Messiah99

• View Profile
Re: By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-07 09:27:37 »
Quote from: wwnsx
This is what i'm running
Dell Dimension XPS T500 (yup that's a pentium 3 500mhz)
448mb sd-ram
Hercules Radeon 8500le 128mb at agp 2x
intel se 440bx mainboard

Wow, I'll see that and raise you my system:
Also a Dell Dimension XPS T500 (but I swapped the 500mhz chip out for a 650 that a friend had)
256mb sd-ram
NVidia GeForce2 32mb

Uncanny aint it? :lol:

But as for your problem, that is an odd one, and no idea whats causing it. Could it possibly be a missing texture in Barret's battle animations? Maybe a fault in copying the battle.lgp file from the cd, or maybe a bad copy of that file on the cd? Just a guess, but worth a try.

p.s. That pic is the funniest thing Ive seen all day, He's got Jay Leno's chin, hahaha.

trickstar66

• View Profile
    • http://radicalgarbage.250free.com
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-07 15:22:10 »
That is pretty funny. Looks like he's biting his lower lip. I don't know the solution but it looks like he shaved to me. You might want to wait for his 5 'oclock shadow to show up. :lol:

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-07 22:07:58 »
haha!  Dude, that's.. well, not GREAT, but, it has its comedic value.

Too bad it's a problem....

tell ya what.

Grab the high-res cloud patch.  That MIGHT fix things up.  Becausse what it is, it's just ALL of battle.lgp (where all the battle files are stored), but Cloud's model is replaced.  Barret's fully working model will be in there, too.

What I don't get is, why is his lower face still brown?  If the beard texture isn't showing up, there shouldnt be anything underneith, unless, for some retarded reason, his beard is a seperate model.

it's too bad the jpeg quality is poor, i tried getting a close looka t the image in photoship, but, everything is blargy.

wwnsx

By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-08 07:10:33 »
Messiah99:I think the texture is a serprate part of the model or thats what it looks  like to me. as for the cds being bad or the lgp files i copied them again from cd and it still happens. i've enever really had a problem at all if ever installing ff7 on my pc. lucky cd batch i guess.

Darkdevil: yeah i could run in software mode and everything looks fine
but i rather run in hardware mode everythign looks so much better. :)

EmperorSteele:I'll try the cloud hi-res model i was there was a hi res model for everybody in the game that would be cool too i just don't know what location of the lgp files i would pull barrets model out and put it in. I used printscrn for the screen cap. it looks like the beard is a seprate model or maybe texture placementt.

Last night i found a patch for rendition cards on this forum and it actually fixed the problem but then the swirl you get when you go into battle is just all white also i looked at regedit for any registry settings the may be chnaged or added  and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ i found a folder for the riva tnt patch called NV3D3D and there was three settings in there in this order SQUAREONLYENABLE, TEXELALIGNMENT, and TEXHEAP. the first two have dword values of 0 but when you get to TEXHEAP the value is 0x00800000 in hex and in decimal it's 8388608
when i applied the rendition patch the TEXHEAP Value went to 0x00500000 in hex and in decimal it went to 5242880 so i'm think that somehow these valuse directly corralate ti teh ff7.exe where probably the main render engine is.

Thanks to everybody for suggestiions. i'm glad some one got as much of a kick of the screen as i did :)

Yare

• View Profile
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-08 07:38:08 »
I remember some time back about labels in Half Life showing up in or behind the surfaces they were supposed to be on. Had something to do with a hardware setting on some cards that wouldn't make the labels sit on top of a surface by default and needed to be changed from 1 to 0 or -1 until it showed up finally.

I don't know if your card or FF7 have any setting like that, but it might be something to look into.

Its wierd though since his eyes and mouth look alright.

Who knows.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-08 08:56:22 »
wwnsx...Punctuation is your friend.

savage-xp

• View Profile
By Barrets Beard ¿!?
« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-10 12:24:35 »
LOL the pic... its Popeye!