Author Topic: FF7Music problem  (Read 2057 times)

OniFLOP

FF7Music problem
« on: 2004-07-19 02:02:14 »
I just re-installed FF7 and I re-setup the formerly working FF7music version I had.

The problem is that when I run the game, both original AND new song are played at the same time.

It's even more wired that before I uninstalled the game, FF7music worked PREFECTLY with the same configuration.

Some notes:

PC:
Celeron 766Mhz
RAM 192 MB
Intel 82810E Graphic Controller (Integrated in MB)
WinXP Home

FF7:
1.02us Version (XP Patched with window patch /Non XP patched) both FF7Music Patched
D3D HW Rendering (Non NVIDIA tweak, supported by graph controller) in 640x480 (Full Screen)
Sound: ESS Allegro (Integrated in MB)
MIDI: Microsoft SW Synth

FF7Music:
Configuration tool version: 1.1.0 build 2
FF7Music library located
FF7Music library version: 1.1.1 build 0
FF7 located OK.
Input: Highly Experimental v2.07
Output: Nullsoft DirectSound v2.0

I think that's all..

By the way, the music is the PSF collections of ToPhantasia, ToDestiny, ToEternia & Legend of Mana

Messiah99

• View Profile
FF7Music problem
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-19 06:47:52 »
The problem is that even though you have FF7Music, theres nothing telling the original MIDIs not to play, so of course they do. Not hard to fix though, and can be done any of a few ways.

First and easiest, and the one I use myself, is go to FF7 Configuration, and to the Music section. Look for a device for playing the MIDIs that doesnt actually play them. I have mine set to an External MIDI device, which claims to be playing the music when tested, but doesnt actually play them through the speakers, or anywhere that Ive found. That will mean that in-game it cant play the music either, and therefore no more MIDIs.

The second way is simpler, just a bit of a pain if anything else on your computer uses MIDI. Simply go to the Volume Control, and mute the MIDI balance.

Problem solved, or at least it should be...

OniFLOP

FF7Music problem
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-19 22:21:47 »
Duh! I was that... I forgot to "kill" the original midis...

Thanks...