Author Topic: Meteorain Glitch?  (Read 9184 times)

Ratfinklives

Meteorain Glitch?
« on: 2004-08-07 07:05:55 »
I decided to replay this game and just got past the 2nd disk and I noticed one thing was strangely missing. That thing being Clouds Meteorain. I know it is activated by number of kills, but I don't see how I couldn't have enough by this point in the game. This happen to anyone else?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-07 08:07:39 »
I think you need to have done approx 100 limit breaks to get meteorian....

CloudSquall

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-07 11:40:17 »
Quote from: Darkdevil
I think you need to have done approx 100 limit breaks to get meteorian....

Actually no, for some Limit Breaks you need to use them enough but for the others some u need to kill enough enemies.

If i remember well u need to kill 300 enemies to get Meteorain

Ratfinklives

Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-11 07:28:58 »
Well I finally got it.... at the very bottom of North Crater on disk 3... strange stuff I'll tell you. All my other characters had most of their breaks but cloud didn't.

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-11 07:49:08 »
Limit Breaks mechanics work this way -

For a ? Levels 2nd Limit Break you need to use 1/1, 2/1 or 3/1 between 6-9 times to get 1/2, 2/2, 3/2.

As for gaining a new Level LB you need to kill a certain amount of monsters -- for each character it's a different number.. I.e. Tifa needs about 70 kills to get LB2, and another 80 kills to get LB3. Cloud however needs 80 kills to get LB2, and (!) 200 kills to get LB3. So usually he is the last in the team to get it..

Messiah99

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-11 08:09:48 »
Quote from: Ged
Cloud however needs 80 kills to get LB2, and (!) 200 kills to get LB3. So usually he is the last in the team to get it..

Actually in my experience he's one of the first, because even though he need's a higher kill count, he's also the most constant character in the game. Other characters can be and are switched out from time to time, so they will kill less enimies and therefor the learning curve is set lower for them to compensate.

Making a little sense I hope? If that didnt I apologize. Im a little stoned atm, not sure if PUI is all-inclusive or just applies to the beverage side, heh.

ffgriever

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-11 11:21:47 »
I usually have all (level 1,2 and 3) limit breaks for my favourite party members (Aeris, Cloud, Tifa) just after I leave Midgar and Kalm (Then I can learn lv4 lbreaks as soon as they're availible).  I just fight a little around chocobo farm (2 maybe three hours). My level is also quite high then. (I can learn Beta from Midgar Zoloom and don't die). Usually I fight longer to gain levels in three locations (Chocobo Farm, Crater/Whirlwind Maze - in the cave before you fight Schizo, where is a save point and healing pool, and in North Crater where are pots you should give elixir to kill them - there also are red balls that can give you lots of ap).

Didn't post in a year or so, just surprised my account is still here...

Relf

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-11 14:20:18 »
Yor lucky, we were just talking about wiping off the old accounts, however what the admin says is how it goes...

chibiken

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-13 06:06:13 »
:o  that's weird not getting meteorain at DISC 2!

I JUST got the buggy in disc 1, and right now i'm training in junon (the area where u have to press an alarm).

I like pretty much all the limit breaks for every character in my party you can get at the moment.

Dang, i've spent like, 2 hours training here.  Such a good area.
My cloud is like, level 45 o_O.  And only on disc 1  :o   :P

Question though, Tifa's limit breaks confuses me.
Sometimes i get a miss (like a YEAH YEAH MISS, or HIT HIT MISS) , but it STILL hits, but sometimes it misses.  So what combination do you need to get to guarantee a MISS. (Like 100% of the time)

Also, lets say I use Dolphin Kick (Level 3, first limit)*a nd i get a HIT HIT HIT*  But i kill the enemy before it reaches dolphin kick, does it count towards my SECOND limit for Level 3?

Messiah99

• View Profile
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-13 09:01:56 »
Quote from: chibiken
Question though, Tifa's limit breaks confuses me.
Sometimes i get a miss (like a YEAH YEAH MISS, or HIT HIT MISS) , but it STILL hits, but sometimes it misses.  So what combination do you need to get to guarantee a MISS. (Like 100% of the time)

Whenever I get a MISS on the slot it just skips that single attatck and goes to the next one that had a HIT or YEAH!

Quote from: chibiken
Also, lets say I use Dolphin Kick (Level 3, first limit)*a nd i get a HIT HIT HIT*  But i kill the enemy before it reaches dolphin kick, does it count towards my SECOND limit for Level 3?

If you have hits left in a limit break, it will always keep at least one enemy alive long enough to die at the end of the chain, just like using Meteorain on one enemy which it kills, all the hits still get to connect. And I think even if you get the Miss on the first limit for the level, that limit break sequence still counts toward the end total. I believe I had a Miss for Dolphin Blow once but at the end of the battle still got the next limit for that level.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
Meteorain Glitch?
« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-13 15:42:53 »
Quote from: Ratfinklives
Well I finally got it.... at the very bottom of North Crater on disk 3... strange stuff I'll tell you. All my other characters had most of their breaks but cloud didn't.

You probalby were using group attacks or Summons... with the other Characters. It's kills per character...not who did the final blow per battle. Also Cloud's are probably higher than the other Characters. Since he is, almost, always locked in the party.