Author Topic: FF7 FMV's  (Read 10223 times)

hey

FF7 FMV's
« on: 2004-08-24 10:30:23 »
Does anyone know were to download FF7 FMV's?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-24 15:03:33 »
*sigh* we dont help people who download FF7.

CloudSquall

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-25 02:39:08 »
Quote from: Darkdevil
*sigh* we dont help people who download FF7.

.... he is not asking to dl game, but fmv's

hey

FF7 FMV's
« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-25 06:47:31 »
Yeh im just trying to look for the fmvs. I'm not tying to download the game.

fuchisasquatch

• View Profile
    • http://aa.1asphost.com/sasquatch/
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-25 06:55:04 »
Man i dont get why some of you care about pirated versions of final fantasy vii or any other game. You cant honestly tell me Darkdevil that you havent an illegal copy of anything. For me.. any game from the Final Fantasy series is worth it to buy and i do so.. but yeah if other people get downloaded copies or anything why does it really care.

I bet you have pirated copies of something: Windows (if you use it), other expesive programs like 3D max, microsoft visual studio and maybe delphi and ect. Who the hell is gonna pay $2000 for crap like that and if thats not a problem..then why should a pirated copy of Final Fantasy VII be..?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-25 13:17:29 »
Surely he should have explained exactly WHY he needed the FMVs.

okeee

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-25 14:34:29 »
hehe :lol:

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-25 18:32:58 »
Yeah, dude, they're on the disks.

If you don't have the disks, that would explain why you've been needing my help getting past every freaking fmv -_-

vincethestampede

FF7 FMV's
« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-26 07:05:58 »
Some ppls download the FMVs because they cannot get thier hands on the actual game. i dunno...but i think heys intentions seemed reasonable. i dont think he wanted to download the game. Hmmm also no one seems to have helped him yet...im kinda unable to because im sorta stupid :wink:

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-26 08:54:04 »
Isn't here a program out there that can rip the movies out of the PS1 disks, too? I thought there was.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-26 11:44:40 »
Yeah, there's a program (I think it's called PSMPlay) that can play the movie files off of the PSX discs, and convert them to AVI's using whatever codecs you have installed.

Cyberman

• View Profile
PSX Multconvertor
« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-26 16:16:22 »
Is what you are looking for and it's Homepage is there.  Works great save it's shareware and they want money for the full version after 30days :D

Cyb

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-26 16:38:09 »
Is there just a PS1 version? I'd love to watch those cutscenes from Front Mission 4 or Resident Evil:Outbreak without having to replay through the whole game @_@

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #13 on: 2004-09-05 10:22:43 »
I'd suggest using PsxMC rather than that other one..... mainly because there's a freeware version of PsxMC :lol:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/~mkb/PsxMC/download.html#PsxMCF

The sites in Japanese but the program's English (the freeware version will look like this: PSX Multi Converter (フリーウェア版))

alloy

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #14 on: 2004-09-05 10:28:46 »
heh the pc fmvs are much easier to get to. but that folder is like 800 mbs. heheh weird that i can see them with WMP

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #15 on: 2004-09-05 15:47:22 »
Why do the FMVs look so crappy on the PC, I know TVs have less scan lines or something like that (less detailed anyways), so you can't see how bad the videos are. But it can't effect it that much can it? They look really rubbish on my monitor which is completely tiny compared to my TV.

qwerty

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #16 on: 2004-09-05 16:22:30 »
Actually, your television probably has more scanlines than your monitor. Scanlines make it look better because it replaces every other line on the screen with a black line and the tube gives off a blurry view anyway so you get what seems like a better quality when it is actually worse! :lol:  Monitors have a much sharper image quality than that of your television because they support resolutions that surpass your standard television by miles. It doesn't use too many scanlines either and you can see all the pixels that were blurred out on your television. :P

Cyberman

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #17 on: 2004-09-05 16:53:42 »
Quote from: qwerty
Actually, your television probably has more scanlines than your monitor. Scanlines make it look better because it replaces every other line on the screen with a black line and the tube gives off a blurry view anyway so you get what seems like a better quality when it is actually worse! :lol:  Monitors have a much sharper image quality than that of your television because they support resolutions that surpass your standard television by miles. It doesn't use too many scanlines either and you can see all the pixels that were blurred out on your television. :P

To correct what you are saying so people aren't confused.

scanline short for HORIZONTAL scan line this refers to the line of pixels drawn as a CRT electron beam sweeps left to right on a CRT.
What Qwerty is refering to is interlace, and no they do not stick black lines between the horizontal lines. Instead they put another field of pixels.  This is because broadcast TV continuously refreshes the image whereas with digital everything is progressively refreshed.

A monitor has a higher dot pitch and thus more detail than a TV, well that and the horizontal deflection system can handle much a higher frequency.  Some newer TV (notably LCD ones in particular) have a buffer that stores the image being read from the NTSC/PAL signal and a seperate system that reads that data to create the RGB pixel data for the TFT LCD.  NTSC and PAL operate and much lower bandwidths than most LCD's can operate at.  Same goes with monitors.

Cyb

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #18 on: 2004-10-15 22:51:57 »
Quote from: Neo Bahamut
Why do the FMVs look so crappy on the PC, I know TVs have less scan lines or something like that (less detailed anyways), so you can't see how bad the videos are. But it can't effect it that much can it? They look really rubbish on my monitor which is completely tiny compared to my TV.

Because the way in which FFVII plays the movies is shite in every way:
Crappily upsized from 320x to 640x
No post-processing applied to them
Movies run in 16bit colour

Heh, try playing the movies in WindowsMedia Player to see what normal Post-Processing will do ^^

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #19 on: 2004-10-16 02:31:33 »
They look as though they are worse quality because they are.
When Square Co. Ltd. contracted the project to Eidos®, not only were many of the original authors (artists) of the game gone, but so was much of the original artwork.
This includes the movies.
The format in which they are stored on PlayStation® is quite incompatible with the formats used on computers (at the time) and they were not willing (nor did they have the time) to write a new codec specifically for the movie playback.
They finally just rerecorded them, which means the computer version has movies that are copies of copies (compressed copies of compressed copies at that).

L. Spiro

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #20 on: 2004-10-16 20:26:13 »
Ooh, I didn't know that. Quite a shame that it had to be rushed like that.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #21 on: 2004-10-17 17:16:50 »
Quote from: L. Spiro
When Square Co. Ltd. contracted the project to Eidos®

Hmm, if I recall it correctly, Square did the actual porting themselves. Eidos was only publisher.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
FF7 FMV's
« Reply #22 on: 2004-10-17 18:37:18 »
I guess we got two different (but similar) stories from the same text.

Eidos® definitely published it.

I’m citing Gears now.
It was my understanding that they also handled the port because of a few things it says.

The main one being, “When the contract programmers received the FF7 source code from Square, it was a horrible state of atrophy.”

So from that I gathered that Square contracted it out.  The only other company listed in that section was Eidos®, so I just assumed they did the actual porting.

But I could be mistaken.
Have to ask halkun I guess.

By the way, check your private messages.   :P

L. Spiro