Author Topic: Is it a good idea to get Omnislash now?  (Read 7714 times)

chibiken

• View Profile
Is it a good idea to get Omnislash now?
« on: 2004-08-26 02:04:25 »
Right now I'm at the part where I just visited the temple of Ancients and cloud just woke up in Gongala (kay i totally forgot the name of that place lol) (Defeated both Red Dragon + Demons Gate).  I have 1 Ribbon.

My Cloud is level 56.

Will it be too hard to go for Omnislash now? What is the average BP you get for defeating all 8 enemies?

If it IS too hard, AT WHAT TIME OF THE GAME [like, Level wise,Item Wise, Materia Wise] should I come back and try to get it?

Thanks!

[I know i've been asking  a lot of questions lately, but this is my first time playing ff7 (omg don't kill me  :isee: ) and I need advice from experts like you guys/gals! Like my "Username Titles" states, i'm Just a n00b  :wink: ]

EDIT: I tried out the "slowing the slots down by using SQUARE cheat" and it doesn't seem to work.  I'm using the PC version.  I tried all the buttons and it doesn't seem to slow down.  I DO have a ps controller hooked up to the computer [I use PS controller for my PC ff7] , and i DO have all the buttons config exactly [I THINK... :erm: ] like the Playstation version [Except for the OK and CANCEL button.  I switched those 2 around].  When I press "SQUARE" the slot part simply disappears, but you could still hear it going in the background.  If i could get it to slow down it can help me A LOT! [DAMN THOSE HP HALVES!]  Any ideas on what to do?
And just to make sure, what was the exact command when you press SQUARE in the PS version? Was it [OK], [Cancel], [Switch] etc.?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-26 04:07:29 »
If I remember correctly, Square doesnt do anything I believe. Whats supposed to happen is you're supposed to keep pressing the square button. If you hold it down, it'll disapear like you say, but you can still hear it. The trick is to keep pressing it over and over, that way it flashes on and off, thus somewhat slowing it down for the human eye. Try that out and let me know what happens.

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-26 04:40:10 »
AFAIR - the harder the handicap, the more points you get..

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-26 05:09:27 »
Yes, but its not a mind shattering difference.

Also, if I remember correctly, you do get to keep your points, dont you?

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-26 05:13:04 »
You keep them between battles, but leave battle square and they go away. It's such a pain!!! I spend hours and hours in that place, and come out with a few hundred BP.... Never had any luck... It took me like five days of nonstop play to get Omnislash. The ring hates me.

-Contra

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-26 05:37:02 »
o_o...it only took me a few hours...

But then again, you get ALOT more points in the special battle (The one with all the bosses). How do you get that again?

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-26 05:48:22 »
You have to have Omnislash for that one..

And yes, it is a mind-shattering difference..
You can get over 10,000 points if you get lucky at the last slot instead of some-hundred...

chibiken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-26 06:19:08 »
wow i went to play one just for the hell of it (not really trying, wasn't planning to save and all), and i beat it with 11k BP  :o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It wasn't too tough.  I guess I got lucky.

But getting GP IS SOOO ANNOYING!

what slot should i go for for the last slot?

(LASt battle usually really easy coz i have meteorain by then and i win instantly)

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-26 13:41:39 »
That reminds me of a time I started a new game on Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC) and I got lucky in one of the minigames and ended up gaining 50 levels from one battle!! I was level 64 and the rest of my party was level 13 and 14! :lol:

Sometimes

« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-28 05:09:31 »
holding square even though ya still hear the slots going the slot is actually paused and is at what it was when you pushed square if you get it on the one before the one your trying to hit and let go of square and hit circle right away youll hit the next one and no point in going after omnislash until you have your 3/2 limit as soon as ya have that then go for omnislash average points per battle is 3-4k aprox so it will take around 8 rounds or so to get omnislash

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-30 18:57:45 »
Quote from: qwerty
That reminds me of a time I started a new game on Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC) and I got lucky in one of the minigames and ended up gaining 50 levels from one battle!! I was level 64 and the rest of my party was level 13 and 14! :lol:

I HATED that series,you could spend hours walking around to get somewhere, only to find out you need a flying cape and jump off a tower  :wicked:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-30 22:21:56 »
Honestly though, I dont think Omnislash will be a necessity atleast until the last fight (I honestly feel its useless, I've beaten the final bosses a million times without it...)

The only time I'd say you would ever need Omnislash is when you fight Emerald and Ruby weapon (Emerald can lost ALONG time, even at level 90+, Underwater Materia is a must, and you'll need all the firepower you can get with Ruby, as I say he's the more difficult one of the two).

chibiken

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-31 02:32:26 »
Quote from: Sometimes
holding square even though ya still hear the slots going the slot is actually paused and is at what it was when you pushed square if you get it on the one before the one your trying to hit and let go of square and hit circle right away youll hit the next one and no point in going after omnislash until you have your 3/2 limit as soon as ya have that then go for omnislash average points per battle is 3-4k aprox so it will take around 8 rounds or so to get omnislash

Kay that was REALLY confusing <_<..
And what good if it does pause if you use SQAURE.  You still don't know what it paused on since it goes away...?

I DO have all my other limit breaks.

I just wanted to get Omnislash  for the fun of it <_<.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-31 02:38:45 »
No no noo..

You just tap it, thats all. Just tap it and see what happens. Again and again. I promise you, if you set your controller to the PS1 controls, it'll make it seem like its going much slower.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2004-09-02 20:22:24 »
cheaters...  :wink:

The only thing worth of playing battlesquare is getting the w-summon i guess. Omni-slash is a nice limit break and you DEFINITELY need it with the weapons. I kinda missed it in Kingdom Hearts though.  :(

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2004-09-02 20:41:27 »
Yes, the only time I would recommend Omnislash would be against the weapons. While it is NOT necessary for Emerald (Though it does speed up the process, it can be done without it), you'd definetly need Omnislash for Ruby. Kill Emerald before Ruby, that way you get the all materias. That way once you breed a Golden Chocob, you can have two Knights of the Round Table  :wink:

Two KOTR+Omnislash+Cid and Barret's level 4 limit breaks=One dead Ruby Weapon.

HBK187

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2004-09-21 09:17:24 »
i never even used omnislash against the weapons... Just KoTR pretty much jus kept KoTR an they dropped pretty easy. But omnislash isn't needed really for anything in the game. Just that it's one of them things you want to get... i dunno i always get it lol. one of them havta have things. and yea tap square a few times to see what slot options you have and the order they are in. Then get it to the one before the slot selection your aiming to get. Hold square on the one before the one your trying to get. That DOES pause the slots. (also works for Tifa's and Cait Sith's limits) but yea let go of square and hit the button and boom you just controlled the slots... easy huh?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2004-09-21 18:47:37 »
Omnislash does somewhat outpower KOTR. My Omnislash always did around 9,999, while KOTR usually did like 6,000-7,000 per hit, but there are more hits...