Author Topic: M4v3R plz come here  (Read 3409 times)

blackeyed_cn

• View Profile
M4v3R plz come here
« on: 2004-08-29 22:09:58 »
You told me that there's only one regular dialog and two 'notifications' used in 'md1stin'
and the offset is '0x4BD 0x73F 0x762'
But I found 7 offsets using your method,they are
'0x4BD 0x73F 0x762 0x7E3 0x806 0x882 0x8A6'
How it comes?
 :(
how do you know there are only three dialogs used in md1stin,not 7 dialogs?

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
M4v3R plz come here
« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-07 09:50:46 »
Hm.. I see... But, as you can see, all the windows you found correspond to the same dialog - 7th (because there is '40 00 06' there). In this location there are only two dialogs used - C'mon newcomer and Receiver "Potion". I don't really know why there are so many window definitions for "Potion", while there are only two used in game.

Cyberman

• View Profile
M4v3R plz come here
« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-07 14:49:32 »
Quote from: M4v3R
Hm.. I see... But, as you can see, all the windows you found correspond to the same dialog - 7th (because there is '40 00 06' there). In this location there are only two dialogs used - C'mon newcomer and Receiver "Potion". I don't really know why there are so many window definitions for "Potion", while there are only two used in game.

I would carefully check if the dialogs are different depending on who is in the party and if it's at a different time in the story. You don't have to talk to everyone at the same time in the story.  I might also point out FF7 was never completed to what they had originally envisioned.

Cyb

blackeyed_cn

• View Profile
M4v3R plz come here
« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-09 05:14:12 »
There are still problems..
U said that the dialog size data looks like
Code: [Select]
50 AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh 40 AA dd id

but when I made my program to change that size automatically,I found many diffrent situations
such as
2F AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh 40 AA dd id
50 AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh 48 AA dd id
50 AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh 40 BB dd id
50 AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 40 AA dd id
and some dialogs seems to use the same size definition,they looks like
50 AA xx xx yy yy ww ww hh hh 40 AA dd id1 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 40 AA dd id2

these are just what I have found,and I do not think that is all...
It's very diffcult to make a program to find all dialog size data,is there anyone have suggestion for me,many thx :D

blackeyed_cn

• View Profile
M4v3R plz come here
« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-11 10:18:01 »
Quote from: Cyberman
Quote from: M4v3R

I would carefully check if the dialogs are different depending on who is in the party and if it's at a different time in the story. You don't have to talk to everyone at the same time in the story.  I might also point out FF7 was never completed to what they had originally envisioned.

Cyb
It is impossbile to depend on who is in the party and different time in the story,what we are talking about now is 'md1stin',it is the file about the very begining of the game,you have only Cloud in the party..