Author Topic: FF7 Movies problems, patch bugged?  (Read 2040 times)

tazz

FF7 Movies problems, patch bugged?
« on: 2004-10-07 17:36:14 »
Hey all!

Ok, I've been reading around the forums with movie problems but mines different. My computer can handle FF7 perfect and I use XP pro. The thing is that I can't watch movies... well I can but I'm gonna explain more.

I've got the 1.02 patch update and the "upside-down movie patch".
The problem is.... when I patch the movie patch, "only" the first FMV on the screen will be shown.

Like this; I patch it, start FF7, see Eidos logo, then next FMV will _not_ show up if I don't patch again. I start playing and go up the tower in sector 7 ( When it's gonna be bombed ) so I defeat Reno and then that explosion FMV shows, and then it's all black. I have to patch it again before that FMV is shown up and that's in the middle of the game. (ALT-TAB, movie patch, back ingame)  I've tried several patches, re-installed a couple of times and patched again and so on. Doesn't seem right.

It wasn't like this at first but then when I installed that 1.02 patch and so on it got messed up so I've tried re installing and whatever. Maybe it's codec drivers that messing it up? Because I've downloaded some codecs for something else. Or maybe it's just something else.

Oh and, when I use the patch it gets to setup and installs then the whole thing closes down without saying "bla bla bla is successfully installed". Should it do that?

Thanks in advance poeple! :]

1536 dd RAM
Windows XP SP 1
GeForce MX 440
Intel P4 2.4 GHz

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-07 19:13:57 »
If you have any codec packs or anything like that installed, try removing them and see what happens.

Also, do the movies play correctly in Windows Media Player?

tazz

« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-07 19:16:49 »
Yeah it's fixed, I removed all the codec packs, Thanks man! :D