Author Topic: So very confused (ff8 character models, maily zell)  (Read 7639 times)

ZellChanX

Hello. Yes, I am stupid. I've read every file I can get my mitts on three times, followed instructions to the very best of my ability and... hit road blocks.

I can get as far as opening Unmassw Ver 8.0 But then... I cant unpack the files (i belive that's the term.... free the little files!) I recive an error saying the file can't be created.

I read the documentation and I swear I cant find the destination directory button. ;-;

I keep playing with things, but I've had no luck.

Honestly, All I want is the texture for Zell's battle model. I'm trying to make his costume and there's no good art for the little dude.

If I could have the model in a way I could view it in either Biturn or Charedit, I would be exstatic.

But if some one could get me screen shots of a good res of Zell I'd be just as thrilled.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something excrucitingly elementary, but I have no programmnig background. I aplogise again ^^;

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
So very confused (ff8 character models, maily zell)
« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-20 10:30:50 »
Is this what are you searching for ?

Well I know its a little low in resolution but the model textures are not great in quality. But it could look better when rendered through rendering software.

And about the Unmass problem ... here is picture of main dialog ... and the destination directory button is to the right from the Close button ... the box with destination path .... i know its kinda hidden ;)
Try selecting some other directory on your hard drive ... looks like you cannot write to the directory because you are on the cd-rom or you dont have write access to the directory.

Mafia1.0

« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-09 15:41:47 »
hello, does anyone know where the textures for the charakters are stored?
i extracted the gamefiles with unmass and was able to extract the squall model i was looking for, but unfortunately it seems like bitburn isnt able to read all the textures files :(

maybe im doing things wrong or mayabe its just my computer, but could anyone please send/upp me the final fantasy textures for squalls battle model as im trying to rendern an animation with the original FF8 models in Maya?

thanks
Mafia1.0

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-10 09:28:46 »
Hmm .. textures are stored with model in one file. Biturn does not display them ? Which Biturn version are you using ?

By the way could you tell me how do you get the model into Maya ?

Mafia1.0

« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-10 16:45:17 »
im using the version 0.86 alpha2, as version 0.85 tells me that the models are corrupted...

when importing the model as an *.obj file into maya it displays a little errormessage saying

"Your OBJ file contains faces shared by multiple groups. Maya cannot create multiple objects for this file. A single mesh will be created instead. The OBJ group information will be captured in Maya sets. "

after clicking on the ok button i get my maya interface without any visible objects. The outliner shows me that theres an existing "polysurface1" but  somehow it just cant be found in the scene

so to import it into maya i first had to import the model into milkshape and then export it from milkshape into maya.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-11 03:01:23 »
Mafia - try scaling down the imported object you get, at least I think that's worked for me in the past as the object was absolutely vast after importing.  :)

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-11 04:02:29 »
BTW, Zell is 5' 5" tall, or 165 cm. It says so in the manual.

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-11 07:04:29 »
Uh I dont know how is Obj fileformat dealing with point-texcoords, so dunno if it will look textured properly .... If you need texture pictures, you can also save ff8 model into LWO6.5+ format, Biturn then saves textures into separate .TGA bitmap files.

Mafia1.0

« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-11 17:04:31 »
@Synergy Blades
simply scaling the imported object doesnt work, is scaled even up to 0,001 which is the maximum amount i can scale it down... i even changed my grid units into every possible unittype starting from milimeters ending in yards per unit, but still ist doesnt show up.  :(

@mirex
ok, i re-unmassed the FF8 gamefiles and re-unpacked bitburn0.86 to make shure the files and the tool are in default state and have no wrong settings of any kind.
When opening up Squalls model, i get this preview:

the log tells me:
materials: 1
textures: 0

so of course its no use converting them into LWO+6.5 as there is no texture information at all... (i tried it anyway, but no tga file has been created)
i also tried the other bitburn versions, but as i alredy said, version 0.85 tells me the models are corrupted and the versions from 0.84a4 downwards dont support FF8...
i just dont know what to do  :(
(hey, but it would be nice if you could send me the *.tga file for the d007.mch   :wink: )

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-12 06:50:09 »
Oh thats odd ... lets solve it through Private Messages, check it out.

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-13 07:25:06 »
Okay sorry, there is some kind of bug in 0.86 alpha 2 version, get this version alpha 1, textures should work in it !

http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/Biturn_086alpha1.rar

Mafia1.0

« Reply #11 on: 2005-01-14 15:29:44 »
wow it works....finally....  :D

thanks a lot mirex