Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 428929 times)

Kadaj

Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #225 on: 2005-06-11 13:37:36 »
neither do i :P im just here for observational purposes :)

Kadaj

« Reply #226 on: 2005-06-11 13:45:15 »
sorry for being stupid...but i dont quite know how to work the bCweiw  :oops: runion...help :) lol

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2005-06-11 16:24:37 »
Remember that the converted models will have either no lighting and or beyond buggy lighting!!
So Kadaj you might not want to use this yet. But in the mean time spend some time learning how the battle and field models are put together and this will hopefully help you to understand my program.

Kadaj

« Reply #228 on: 2005-06-11 17:17:46 »
urrmm ok....and where can i buy a "Final Fantasy VII battle models for dummies" book :D

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2005-06-11 18:02:01 »
try reading halkuns gears

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2005-06-11 18:15:09 »
hmm try http://forums.qhimm.com/ heh..

but really check all the file descriptions writen by Qhimm, Ficedula, Mirex, Alhexx and others...

Ficedula's Homepage
http://ficedula.cjb.net/
Mirex's site
http://mirex.mypage.sk
Alhexx' GameHacking Pages
http://www.alhexx.com/

Hopefully these sites can help you.

Kadaj

« Reply #231 on: 2005-06-11 18:54:09 »
:D thx! will do.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2005-06-11 22:32:49 »
I've gone further with the Jesse model. Now it looks more or less how I'd like it to be finally:

What do you think about it? Is there anything which should be changed, removed or added?[/img]

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2005-06-11 22:39:01 »
The the arm/hand size ratio still looks a little off -- perhaps the hands need to be made smaller?  All I know know is the size difference just seems too....abrupt.....at the wrist area.

Other than that....the model looks good, though the in-game picture is a little small for us to discern all the detail.  :P

And nice touch with the 9mil on her hip. :wicked:

Kadaj

« Reply #234 on: 2005-06-11 22:48:38 »
i like it :D but still the breast plate needs some work :\

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2005-06-12 00:20:30 »
Judging from the sizing on the Cloud model, I would say reduce the hands a little then fatten up the arms if poss.  But it's certainly looking better.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2005-06-12 00:36:22 »
Bigger arms, smaller hands, and she needs some sign of breasts.

StarkRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005-06-12 00:39:16 »
Kadaj: I think the breast plate looks better in game, where the lighting highlights her rack. so to speak. At least thats how it looks from the smaller in-game shot.

I'd say tweak the hand-to-arm size ratio and you got yourself a pretty nice model there. Infinitely better than the original.

Gah, seeing these auxiliary characters fleshed out in high-rez is going to take some getting used to. Now I might actually care when they die.

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005-06-12 01:05:21 »
Upon KojiroTakenashi saying I checked out her breasts and I think StarkRaven is right, the shading seems to make them evident in the in-game shot.
In-game the arms look even worse than in biturn, she isn't the gorilla girl she was on the previous attempt at the model but her arms are terribly thin, beef them out so they fit the shoulders better and the hands might not be an issue (though I suspect you might need to shrink them down a tad).

Anyway... good luck on the model, I'm off to bed.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2005-06-12 02:53:48 »
Ah, it just didn't look like she had any...

I'd take the breasts from maybe Aeris' model...those just don't look modeled as smoothly as the other femmes do.

kucoru

« Reply #240 on: 2005-06-12 10:21:27 »
Once I find time to re-play the whole game of ff7pc I will definately use this method. Good job, my man!

DarkGunnerGlock

« Reply #241 on: 2005-06-12 18:01:52 »
Hey, I have an idea. Since Wedge isn't in any of the battle fields, maybe you can make him using Barret and Palmer? Remember there was that fight with Palmer when they went to steal the tiny bronco thing... And, though I know it would be a pain in the ass to go back, but maybe you could check out the E3 demo and work from that a little? Just because Cloud has physically possible hair in that demo... But it's probably too much of a hastle, just throwin ideas around. Good luck, guys, maybe if you show squenix the stuff, there might be some remote possibility (and i really mean .0001% chance) that they would buy your work from you? That would be totally sweet......

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #242 on: 2005-06-12 19:56:52 »
Square enix has so many Japanese people working for them, that they could just say: "Remake FF7 with higher resolution"! some japanese guy would stick his finger into the floppy drive and the cd drive will spit out the game! lol, just kidding.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2005-06-12 22:27:10 »
Hey, I've managed to fix all the problems with Zack :-D

Now there is only one thing left: the eyes texture. I tried using Bitrun to import a modified texture, but the game crashed when I tried to use it. Anyone knows how to do it?
About the Jesse model, that's right, the hands are way too big :-P It's just that I love that SD look. But no problem, I'll fix it soon.
About Wedge, yes, I think using parts from Palmer will be a good idea. But the next one I'm going to focuse one is Biggs... because looks easier :-P
PD.: Hey Reunion, do you know what must be exactly the order of the vertex in the polygons? I had to switch the first and second in order to fix the z-sorting problems with Zack's model, but I don't really understand how it works.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005-06-12 23:15:44 »
You know what would really be awesome? If those soldiers you see in the background there would have their hi-res models. Then the intro would look a helluva lot cooler! Is that even possible?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2005-06-12 23:56:12 »
Quote from: Borde
Hey, I've managed to fix all the problems with Zack :-D

Awesome.  Dual shoulder pads == sweetness! :wicked:

Quote from: NeoS
You know what would really be awesome? If those soldiers you see in the background there would have their hi-res models. Then the intro would look a helluva lot cooler! Is that even possible?

Judging by what you've already seen here, you would would think it is definitely possible.  And it is, based on our current "kitbash" approach.

That being said, we we could theoretically take Rufus' model as a base for the red dress uniform the Red Solider model needs, and work from there..... :wink:  :wicked:

However, there is one thing we need to be careful of, and that's something that I think is called a "feature bloat".  It's when you want to add all this stuff in the next release, and you keep thinking of more and more stuff to put in, which then keeps pushing back the release date, and in extreme cases, it never sees public release because the "next version" starts looking more and more like vaporware and.....er, well, maybe my wording could be better, but I'm pretty sure you know the effect I'm describing, and besides, that's just an extreme case.

Now, in no way am I insisting a release be made NOW (that would be rude, and selfish, and would kinda give off a "spoiled brat" vibe -- but I do admit I'm just as anxious to see this all this stuff in action as the next guy), but rather that Reunion should merely consider releasing another "intermediate" (for lack of a better word) version in the short term that has just enough to keep us interested while giving him (and Borde, considering that this is looking more and more to be a collaborative effort) the time they need to continue putting more stuff in for the long term (aka your "Final" or "Gold" release).

But hey, that's just my 2 cents (aka 200 gil). 8)

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2005-06-13 03:38:59 »
You shouldn't have to worry about Zack's eyes, since they went through the same thing and thus (according to the backstory about SOLDIERs) should look the same.

rmco2003

« Reply #247 on: 2005-06-13 05:53:31 »
Are you going to fix the poses so it looks like they're standing normally in the future?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2005-06-13 06:51:39 »
For the commanders, maybe just use the red shinra MPs.  It'd be cheap, but, mweh.

Kadaj

« Reply #249 on: 2005-06-13 06:57:11 »
wooo zack looks cool :D
and yeah...cant u just use the baddies u fight when u fight a red shinra dude :P very cheap...but come on its the future, why would captain scarlet be working down the train station :D