Author Topic: Having Problem with my USB Joy Pad  (Read 5858 times)

usman

• View Profile
Having Problem with my USB Joy Pad
« on: 2005-06-11 18:35:53 »
Hi,

Well I just brought Lunar PC Joy Pad. I connect it to my USB Port and it is working fine, but after a while it stops working and I then again put off and put it on it again works fine, but again stops. My Joy Pad is based on adopted technology from China and manufactured by by LUNAR. Here is the link of the Picture of my Joy Pad and small information in this regard
http://www.pc210.com/products/products-view.asp?ID=917&ptype=PC

Any help in this regard ? Do I need to download a driver for it. It do not comes with any driver CD. I have searched the website for any suitable driver but do not find anything helpful :(

Today it stops working at all :( it says there may be some driver conflict, but I think USB's are perfect plug & play devices so do I need a driver any more ?

Is it possible might be my USB Port or the Joy Pad in itself is malfunctioning :(, but Both my PC and Joy Pad are brand new and brought just a month ago :(

Please help.

My System Specs are :

AMD 64 2800+
ASUS K8-VX Notherboard
Windows XP with SP-2

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-11 18:46:14 »
This happens to you as well? It happens to me under win98SE. The only thing I can think of is windows might not have a proper USB stack.  I have this happen on a GamePad PRO (shrug).  Of course my PSX adaptor doesn't work under win98 (but does under win2K).

I check to see if it's working by using the joy pad configuration utility in windows. If it's truely gone south it won't work in that.  After that the only thing I've found is power cycling the silly thing.  I gave up after a while (ePSXe seems to kill it quick).

Basically they use the USB HMI interface which is the simplest USB interface available.

Do you have a drive connected via USB to your machine by the way?

Cyb

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-11 19:48:43 »
I use a USB-based GamePad Pro in Win98SE as well, and the biggest problem I've ever had with it is that I have to tap any direction on the control pad once to get it to remember its calibration -- and this is with stock Windows drivers, too.  However, I've never had it totally stop working, though.....

I do have to admit that its not directly hooked up to the comp's USB port.  I use a "Port Replicator" from Targus that gives me all these different ports that then hook up to the comp's USB port, and I've got my controller hooked up to this Replicator.  The replicator itself seems to use its own driver....perhaps that is the key to preventing the controller from stopping?

usman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-12 09:47:50 »
Hi,

Well when ever I want to play game on my PC I do connect my Joypad with my PC. The problem is only that it stops working in a few minutes :(

I dont knwo what the hell wrong with it :(.

Both my PC & Joypad are brand new :( I am seems to be help less.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-13 00:06:10 »
For what it's worth, I keep my joypad perpetually plugged in, and the rest of the system doesn't have a problem with it.

...now that I think about it, have you considered reinstalling DirectX?  DirectInput may be damaged in some way, and that is the section that governs the game controller aspect of the computer.

But before doing that, boot up DXDIAG and go to the input tab, and see if it sees your controller and/or reports any problems with it.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-13 16:00:36 »
I believe it's Direct X that is causing my problem.  I didn't have it with DX8 with DX9a though it doesn't work properly.  It's  a USB HMI interface it's so darn simple, so it has to be DX9 in general that is the problem.  It reports no problems for either of my USB devices. One doesn't work at all the other for a while then quits.

Cyb

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-13 21:26:08 »
Well, I'm running DX9.0b on my system -- perhaps updating to that (or 9.0c) will help fix the problem?

usman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-14 17:29:14 »
Well I am thinking to download and update my DIrectX then.

I hope it will solve the issue :)

usman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-18 18:21:57 »
Hi All,

I have downloded DirectX 9.0C and installed, but still no problem has been solved :(

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-18 21:10:27 »
Did you download the Redistributable version?  I've noticed that sometimes the the "Runtime" versions don't register everything correctly when installed on my system..... -_-

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-20 04:49:13 »
Quote from: Goku7
Did you download the Redistributable version?  I've noticed that sometimes the the "Runtime" versions don't register everything correctly when installed on my system..... -_-
I downloaded DX9c unfortunately it did nothing for the USB problem.  I'll have to ask around see if anyone else have such problems.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-20 05:29:21 »
....Well, that stinks. I'm rather stumped your problems' persistance.  -_-  

On the other hand, I'm still using DX9.0B.....maybe I got the lucky version? :roll:

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-20 13:25:12 »
Quote from: Goku7
....Well, that stinks. I'm rather stumped your problems' persistance.  -_-  

On the other hand, I'm still using DX9.0B.....maybe I got the lucky version? :roll:
Obviously they are doing something wrong in DX9 but what I don't know.  Microsofts newest policy for downloading things to support there 'stuff' is kind of anoying too.  I'll smurf there site maybe I'll find something interesting.

Cyb