Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 remake Canceled??WHATS WITH THAT???  (Read 28365 times)

spazmaster

there has been rumors about the final fantasy 7 remake that it has been canceled. id like to start a petition topic to and maybe someone will notice who know it could show up in ign news next week.

who wants square to continue working on the remake

Relf

• View Profile
Final fantasy 7 remake Canceled??WHATS WITH THAT???
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-13 22:10:40 »

I think that you might be several years late on this... :isee:

spazmaster

« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-13 22:15:29 »
how is this old i just out found yesterday could you at least give me a link to the topic this was disscused

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-13 22:19:20 »
Than your getting your news late,  the Final Fantasy remake on this forum was cancelled long before I ever joined this forum.

Its difficult to post a link to the topic as the forum for it is invisible to regular users.

Unless you are talking about something that someone is doing by themselves that is, I beliive several people are. If you want to read about that hpwever, got to Game Tweaking.

spazmaster

« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-13 22:46:42 »
ok thanks

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-14 01:39:44 »
From what I know, Square has never worked on a remake.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-14 13:54:20 »
That's what I was wondering about:

spazmaster: What remake are you taling about? A Remake done by Square or a Remake done by us?

(I think this will answer some questions...)

- Alhexx

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-07-14 13:58:47 »
Quote from: Qhimm
*imagines the number of online petitions that will be started because of this*

That was said a while ago about the same kind of thing - no remake for PS3.

Quote from: spazmaster

Alhexx - I'm guessing a remake done by Square.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-14 15:42:54 »
Quote from: spazmaster

I am more than open to the possibility that spazmaster is confused about who is doing what.

I wouldn’t go so far as to presume this quote answers Alhexx’s question.

L. Spiro

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-07-14 15:46:01 »
Unless he means the PS3 tech demo?

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #10 on: 2005-07-14 17:52:32 »
As far as I can remember a remake of FF7, 8 and 9 was leaked out about 3 years ago or longer. But nothing ever came of it. As for E3, they said right from the beginning that FF7 wasn't going to be a remake for the PS3....they said exepect a new FF game for the PS3, whatever that means.

But, on a lighter note...they said the same thing about FF7:AC, when they did it's Demo in Tokyo....2 years ago. Think they were Demo'ing some kind of new rendering technology or something. They said this it wasn't going to be a new anime'....and look.....they made it into one, anyway.

Edward_Elric

« Reply #11 on: 2005-07-17 14:03:37 »
There is ONLY a tech demo of the Final Fantasy VII Intro, Tech DEmo mean that it is just a Movie that let's you see the power of the PS 3, there's NO remake of any FF Game... at least, not at the moment

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-07-18 01:29:18 »
In addition, there WAS a project on here EONS ago called "The Final Fantasy Remake Project", which was more of a fan-sequal than a remake. That got canned, though.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-07-18 04:44:55 »
Actually, there IS going to be a remake of FF7 for the PS3. It was on Gamespot a week or two ago. Square pretty much lied at E3, they later confirmed it. Maybe this month's EGM.

Let the b*tching commence!

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-07-18 05:19:26 »
Pfah

Just when we were making progress making the existing game better.

Motherfuckers.  I bet they're doing this just to spite us =P

[edit] uh, qhimm, i think the swearing filter needs tweaking o_o

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-07-18 07:19:13 »
Wait a second.... theres a swearing filter?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #16 on: 2005-07-18 08:10:39 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
Actually, there IS going to be a remake of FF7 for the PS3. It was on Gamespot a week or two ago. Square pretty much lied at E3, they later confirmed it. Maybe this month's EGM.

I have yet to find any sort of official confirmation on this, nor any story on Gamespot. All the current stories floating around regarding the supposed remake seem to originate from this EGM rumor article. Now while EGM speaks of "very good authority", most people seem to forget that these days it is highly questionable if EGM itself falls under that category. And unless all the news sites happened to be not looking while Square-Enix "confirmed" a new remake and so forgot to report what would be one of the hottest stories of the year, the last official word is that there are no plans for such a thing.

That having been said, the idea of Square making sequels and spin-offs to FF games was pretty laughable not so long ago as well. And they have done graphical remakes on the early FFs, so it's not exactly unthinkable that a FF7 remake would show up, theoretically speaking. In the real world they're still officially saying it's not going to happen, however there also some other tidbits of information about Square and the PS3 floating around:

Quote from: PS3 Portal
During an interview with the Japan Gaming Magazine "Dengeki Playstation", Yoshinori Kitase (Director of Final Fantasy VII) revealed a Final Fantasy title is in the works for the PS3.

With the recent denials that a remake of Final Fantasy VII is in the works for the PS3, serveral sites have speculated that this may be Final Fantasy XIII.  To this speculation Kitase-san responded...

"As a hint, one thing I can say is that the FFVII technical PS3 demo was supervised by me and created by Toriyama-san (Main Director on Final Fantasy X-2) and his team staff. I'll leave it to you, but you can imagine that development is happening via a similar process."

I don't know who's being deliberately vague; Kitase, Dengeki Playstation or the translator, but regardless of what he's hinting at (I know what you're thinking) it's at the very least nothing less than a FF game. More than that, we shouldn't assume (especially seeing how Square-Enix has had a habit of surprising fans). And considering how far away the PS3 itself is, any news on PS3 games, FF7 remake or not, should be taken with a sound bit of caution.

Well, feel free to post any other credible sources on the matter, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote from: EmperorSteele
uh, qhimm, i think the swearing filter needs tweaking o_o

Hah, the swearing filter was never meant to endure such abuse. I prefer to filter my users. *looks sharply at abusers and hovers finger over warning button*

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #17 on: 2005-07-18 20:56:06 »
The ps2 remakes were canned shortly after the ps2 launch.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-07-18 22:26:36 »
Ahhh, there we go. I couldn't find any article of Gamespot, it was completely off the top of the head. I knew I remembered reading it somewhere. Thanks Qhimm @_@

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #20 on: 2005-08-01 11:39:10 »
Yeah, Bunnie-Maru has some wicked skill there, reading articles from two weeks into the future. ;) Yes, the tech demo was displayed during the Compilation of FF7 trailer viewing (unannounced, whereas the other releases shown were listed at the start of the viewing). And no, Square Enix isn't going to come out and say "no it will never happen" about a rumor that when left as it is only pushes the FF7 hype even higher. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. :)

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-08-01 17:40:48 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Yeah, Bunnie-Maru has some wicked skill there, reading articles from two weeks into the future.

You'd be suprised what you'll find in Cosmopolitan.  :P

I actually saw that article a few days ago, and I started laughing. Unfortunately, its just more wishwash, not an actual, firm yes.  :-?

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #22 on: 2005-08-01 19:53:05 »
Well...if history has anything to do with it.... a sequel or remake of FF7 will happend because of the demand.... Just like what happend with Advent Children.

I would rather have a sequel, though.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-08-01 21:36:32 »
Quote from: Threesixty
Well...if history has anything to do with it....

Lets hope it doesnt...

I for one don't want to see Cloud in a miniskirt, dancing and singing on stage.

O_O

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #24 on: 2005-08-02 01:19:10 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
Quote from: Threesixty
Well...if history has anything to do with it....

Lets hope it doesnt...

I for one don't want to see Cloud in a miniskirt, dancing and singing on stage.

O_O

Heh, I don't think we'll be seeing any of this:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/473/ff107anime4yd.gif

anytime soon.

Personally I'd like a remake, with a little bit more to do. Maybe a few more places to visit, new things to discover, or as one person said over at AC.net, have the game go from BC to AC. :D

Mod Edit: Replaced IMG tag with URL tag. Your image size is 207kb.