Author Topic: Fooling Movies & Jumping Ahead Saves...  (Read 1991 times)

hoju_simpson

Fooling Movies & Jumping Ahead Saves...
« on: 2005-08-31 14:01:03 »
Hi All:

Just recently picked up my FF7 games and started playing again (Advent Children will pwn) only to find that I crash during "biglight.avi" the first movie on play disc two wherein Weapon awakes.  Watching the movie on WMP It tells me I need to go to www.duck.com etc. to get the proper codec.  Well I have the porper codec, I know because I dloaded and installed it at least 5 different times, but it still crashes me out during the movie.  So basically I'm looking for a way to either make a fake movie file (same filesize and stuff to fool the game) that might allow me to skip the cinematic in game and continue no problem, OR I'm looking for a means by which to advance my savegame to the next save point (I'd really like to not have to use someone else's savegame).  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've digged and digged for various ways to fix this problem and none have worked.  Currently I'm dloading a backup play disk two but with my luck it'll crap out :(  Thanks!

PS  ****If anyone could send me a fully working copy of "biglight.avi" (since I'm fairly certain mine's corupt) I would be forever in your debt!*****

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-01 03:12:25 »
You can play it in winamp, eh?

Have you done the "copy movies to HD trick"?

The part of the CD Biglight is on is hard for some cdroms to read on-the-fly.  Try and see if this works =)

hoju_simpson

« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-01 22:08:29 »
Actually when I play it in Media Player (WMP) it stops at the same point and I get an error message (the movie sound still continues but the screen turns black and tells me to visit www.duck.com.  I'm certain the file's corrupt  =(

If anyone's willing to load up my save game and save it at the next possible save point (world map or save point) I'd be soooo thankful!  Frankly I think it's my only hope  =\  Next thing to do is call Eidios...