Author Topic: Is it possible to mod weapon values?  (Read 1897 times)

TDDx8

Is it possible to mod weapon values?
« on: 2005-09-27 02:40:46 »
I'm sorry if this has been already addressed, but I'm a newbie when it comes to the forum. I wandered over here from GameFAQs when mods were brought up over there. Great forum and I love all the patches here.

On to my question. Are weapon values able to be modded? As much as I love some of Cloud's later weapons, they aren't as cool as the original Buster Sword. Is it possible to change the model of the Ultima Weapon to the model of the Buster Sword? I love the BS, but the low attack and materia slots kill it late in the game. I'd love to have an Ultima Weapon modelled after the Buster Sword.

Is this even possible? Thanks a ton to whoever took their time to read this.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-27 03:02:11 »
Yep.  We would just have to find the Ultima weapon's model name, and change the buster swords model name to that (via LPG Tools), so that when the game looks for the ultima weapon model, it brings up the buster sword.

it's the same principle used for the hand patch and battle-2-field mod: mostly renaming files.

I can't do this myself (lgptools scares me) but i'm sure someone can oblidge ya =)

TDDx8

« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-27 03:08:03 »
Awesome, thanks for the help Steele. Your the one that actually posted a link to this forum. Thanks a lot for that, I learned a lot of good things coming here. I'm AllSystemsGo, btw. I doubt you've seen me there though. Great site btw (ff7-universe).

TDDx8

« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-28 22:40:31 »
Would anyone mind helping my with this? I'd also love the Yoshiyuki model (the katana) to be the Apocalypse model as well. Can anyone help?