Author Topic: FF7 Crash in MOVIE  (Read 5548 times)

beecho

FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« on: 2005-10-07 08:46:45 »
the crash  happened after i fought the 2headed dragon in disc 2, up in the snowy mountains than i headed further up than i got a movie, during the movie, ff7 hangs. any fix for this?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-07 12:54:50 »
No fix for now... You can send me your save-file (see my profile for e-mail) and I'll beat that dragon and see that movie for you. Also, if you want to help me pinning this nasty bug down, please gimme a shout...

dziugo

Larken

• View Profile
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-08 17:36:50 »
I've encountered the same problem, discovered that it was due to a corrupted movie file in the discs. I've managed to workaround the crash by substituting the movie file that was supposed to play with another file... and got through.

Seriously bad point about this though, I won't get the whole story cos I can't watch the proper fmv, so a proper fix might be to replace the corrupted movie files with some clean ones - though that isn't possible if you want to repair the original discs themselves. probably have to image the cds and replace the files and reburn. Other movies that give problems and I discovered so far include the one at cosmo canyon, movie file = biglight. Hope this helps.

chuachongchee

• View Profile
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-11 02:11:38 »
hmm... no alternative workaround??

my problem is that it crashes after the highwind video after the 2 headed dragon.... quite some few mins after it... is this the same problem??

Larken

• View Profile
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-12 15:22:00 »
Are you crashing after the movie had finished? At which point did you crash at, ie. did you have control over the characters at that time, were you going into battle, or was some sequence playing during that time?

chuachongchee

• View Profile
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-14 11:09:44 »
its quite random throught the long cutscene after the 2headed dragon when u enter the crater....

sometimes during the cutscene it crashes... sometimes after the video..

demonkiller24

FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-28 14:01:54 »
Quote from: Larken
I've encountered the same problem, discovered that it was due to a corrupted movie file in the discs. I've managed to workaround the crash by substituting the movie file that was supposed to play with another file... and got through.

Seriously bad point about this though, I won't get the whole story cos I can't watch the proper fmv, so a proper fix might be to replace the corrupted movie files with some clean ones - though that isn't possible if you want to repair the original discs themselves. probably have to image the cds and replace the files and reburn. Other movies that give problems and I discovered so far include the one at cosmo canyon, movie file = biglight. Hope this helps.

erm do u mind telling me how the process did u replace the file from the cd and images the cd...cos i haf tried alot of ways but just wun works

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #7 on: 2005-11-28 16:56:42 »
1. Do not ressurrect old topics.

2. Can't you people write anymore?
I don't understand a single word of what you were trying to say...

- Alhexx

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
FF7 Crash in MOVIE
« Reply #8 on: 2005-11-28 17:08:56 »
And another link:
Possible fix

It's not about replacing the corrupted FMVs. There is a "new version" of TM2.0 codec (the one which is used to play FF7 movies) to download. Check if it works for you.

dziugo