Author Topic: Computer shutting down when loading game!  (Read 2179 times)

Fafara

• View Profile
Computer shutting down when loading game!
« on: 2005-11-01 10:35:07 »
I have the FF7Music patched on and stuff and as I start FF7 the eidos logo pops up and LAGS and as I later on load a game of mine the computer shuts off... wtf...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-01 20:55:23 »

Given the amount and kinds of threads you've been posting, I'd say theres a more serious issue with your entire computer.  I'd say, back up all your stuff to cds/dvds, format your hard drive, reinstall windows, and then reinstall ff7 and try patching it from there.  I don't think even the ultima edition is this buggy.

Also, open your case and check that video card of yours, it may be damaged (unless it's working well for all your other games)

cmay119

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-24 05:20:18 »
It might be a little late as this topic is about 20+ days old, but I was having similar issues lately. Although, not with this particular game, but my computer just randomly rebooting (not due to overheating). Quick fix for me, was to Reset my CMOS. And did a system restore to a point before any supposed offending software was installed. Haven't had an issue since. Give it a try. Good luck :).