Author Topic: ff7 snowboard scene crash  (Read 4118 times)

yuna20042004

ff7 snowboard scene crash
« on: 2005-11-08 16:39:34 »
everytime when i wanna start the snowboard scene it crash. does ne1 have the patch for windows xp or anything? anyone can help?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-08 17:28:22 »
There is some patcher which might help you... See this topic.

dziugo

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-08 17:58:40 »
Usually playing thru in quarterscreen mode, will work.

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-08 21:31:56 »
Wiping off the disc made it work for me (used to crash)...

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-09 09:22:51 »
This crash is similar to the ChocoboCrash. It's caused by accessing memory which isn't available for the process to read. The main difference is: It's random if it crashes or not, since the pointer which causes crashing is calculated in real-time and it can be valid (if you're lucky :P). Although it's possible to get this crash in every single mode (quarter/fullscreen, software/hardware) it's also possible to never encounter this crash. If you're using Win98, you're free to go. If you're using NT-based system, better cross your fingers.

If a software is written, it's supossed to be running the same (if possible) on every supported OS. If you leave the bugs in code just because it doesn't crash (Win98 rocks :)) don't blame OS producer for handling the errors which weren't handled in earlier versions. I know that NT based systems aren't officialy supported by FF7, but if the code was written correctly, it would work flawlessly on those.

dziugo

Indra

« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-20 17:33:44 »
I just noticed something when copying files from the CDs to my HDD, that there were several files that I couldn't read, one beeing snowboard-us.lpg.. might this have been the problem?
I'm gonna see if I can read snowboard-us.lpg from another CD, and report if it fix the problem.