Author Topic: PSX - FF7 PSP  (Read 6670 times)

PSX - FF7 PSP
« on: 2005-12-15 17:32:54 »
I have FF7 for PSX aswell as PC, There is a PSX emulator for PSP, can I copy all the files from the discs and place them into one place, and it'll work or do I need to change something on the program so that it'll read the movies from one directory?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-15 18:27:29 »
Not a chance mate.

Maybe ask in about 2 years time

PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-15 18:51:01 »
Im pretty sure it'll work, I just need to know if you can change the movie path, as you can in regedit with the FF7 pc version

steven

• View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-15 18:56:53 »
Quote from: Angeousa Quicksilver
Im pretty sure it'll work, I just need to know if you can change the movie path, as you can in regedit with the FF7 pc version
Well eatch disk of final fantasy 7 has the full game on it (you can play the full game from any 1 disk but just get the wrong fmv played when 1 needs to be shown. So if you can put the game and the fmv's onto a psp memory stick and get it to bypass the change disk message. (don't know how) Then you should be able to do it.

PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-15 19:11:56 »
I think it might read the info info inro PSX RAm memoery, if you play on you psx, and the Pc version registers the info instead maybe, just a theory

Cyberman

• View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-16 04:53:54 »
Quote from: Angeousa Quicksilver
I think it might read the info info inro PSX RAm memoery, if you play on you psx, and the Pc version registers the info instead maybe, just a theory

Well Hmmm how to say this.  I suggest you skim this forum as there is QUITE a bit of FF7 information in the messages.
First the PSX version of FF7 does load data into RAM (the PS1 has 2M of it) and Video memory as well. Unless more of the PSP system is known as Skillster said NOT A CHANCE. You will first need to redo the game software of course.

Cyb

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-16 09:33:28 »
Ok if there is a psx emulator of PSP, you might want to try the following:
- Get yourself an external harddrive for PSP so you can store all them 3 CDs on it.

- If you havent check if your emu supports Pocket ISO, you can Compress the ISOs then (google for PocketISO).

- You cannot hack ff7 PSX to change the movie path or any other path for that matter

- I doubt that a PSP PSX EMU would even be out of alpha stage, so theres no chance of the game even being playable (heck it was never playable on my iPaq PocketPC running at 400MHz).

Or just get your self a decent handheld like GameParkX2 and play with some real Emulators.

PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-16 11:28:15 »
Quote from: The Skillster
Ok if there is a psx emulator of PSP, you might want to try the following:
- Get yourself an external harddrive for PSP so you can store all them 3 CDs on it.

- If you havent check if your emu supports Pocket ISO, you can Compress the ISOs then (google for PocketISO).

- You cannot hack ff7 PSX to change the movie path or any other path for that matter

- I doubt that a PSP PSX EMU would even be out of alpha stage, so theres no chance of the game even being playable (heck it was never playable on my iPaq PocketPC running at 400MHz).

Or just get your self a decent handheld like GameParkX2 and play with some real Emulators.

ok,  but it shouldn't be so slow, I mean PSX had 233 mhz and PSP has 333 mhz with 4 mb RAM and look at the games it can Run Wipeout, GTA etc...

But since its movie path is always F: (cd-rom drive) its path will always be the same, so if I make an ISO with all the movies in same, wont that work? and Im also thinking of changeing the resolution of the movies, so that they get smaller, I dont think it'll ruin in some areas (like in Tiny Bronko flying scene), I hope.

Borde

• View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-16 12:39:39 »
Well, usually you need a system lots of times faster than the original one to emulate another machine. Just look at SNES, nor even ZSNES was able of runing it's games decently on anything slower than a 100MHz computer (and I think that the main procesor of the SNES ran at about 3MHz). With HLE you can get a bast improvement, though. Even the Dreamcast was able to run PSX games pretty well using Bleemcast. But Bleemcast was mostly written in SH4 assembler and that's a LOT of work. I don't think anyone would bother doing such a thing without getting paid for it.
As for the movies, don't worry about it. If there ever happens to be a PSX emultor for the PSP powerful enough to handle FF7, I'm sure it will simulate a the CDROM driver from images so you won't need to worry about paths and so.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-16 12:47:10 »
I heard that these emulators were getting stomped out by Sony.  New PSP games come with a mandatory firmware update that have hindered some of the first PSP emulators useless.  I understand it from a marketing standpoint.  As just a consumer, I just think it would be awesome to have a bunch of old emulators, ripped movies, PSP games, and Mp3s on the go in one package.

PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-16 17:36:29 »
Quote from: Otokoshi
I heard that these emulators were getting stomped out by Sony.  New PSP games come with a mandatory firmware update that have hindered some of the first PSP emulators useless.  I understand it from a marketing standpoint.  As just a consumer, I just think it would be awesome to have a bunch of old emulators, ripped movies, PSP games, and Mp3s on the go in one package.

You dont have to update ervytimes a new firmware comes, firmware version is enough. And no the emulators are completly free, they cant do anything about it, unless you are giving out Biose, if you are going to use the psx/ps2 emu you'll need to dump them by yourself. Sony sued Bleem for using their Bios. but cant do anything abou the present emu's

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
PSX - FF7 PSP
« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-16 18:15:02 »
No, you can't play FF7 on a PSP. It's been answered, thread closed.