Author Topic: 4x Cut and Slash All  (Read 4400 times)

KotnmthKng

4x Cut and Slash All
« on: 2006-02-01 01:40:48 »
Can someone make a mod that lets me use 4x Cut or Slash All, like it switches the same way coin/throw does or even two different commands for it

Midgar

• View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-01 02:38:16 »
Whats wrong with the Materia? Aw come on! If you were given a choice to either hit a monster once or four times, you would choose four times.

KotnmthKng

4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-01 02:51:37 »
No, I want to be able to use 4x Cut on one enemy, or use Slash All on all of them

-gone away-

• View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-01 03:02:01 »
I think his refering to the fact that you cannot use both of them at the same time, slash im pretty sure overide 4x cut makeing it useless to have on at the same time.

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-01 03:28:27 »
No, i think he understands that it's not possible to use two at the same time, but he wants to have an in-battle choice of which one of the two abilities to use

KotnmthKng

4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-01 03:45:58 »
Quote from: d15c0d4v3
No, i think he understands that it's not possible to use two at the same time, but he wants to have an in-battle choice of which one of the two abilities to use

Yes

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-01 09:15:07 »
Isnt it possible to hack the Kernal.bin file to do this?

steven

• View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-03 21:06:58 »
Quote from: The Skillster
Isnt it possible to hack the Kernal.bin file to do this?
I am not sure, (since I have no idea what do hack to do that) but I guess so because it is a option because of the coin/throw option

zero88

• View Profile
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #8 on: 2006-02-05 02:41:49 »
I would think it's possible, but I figure it might take some strong modification to allow the game to recognize both equipped materias and to overlook its normal override of one materia over the other and then let itself give you the option of the two commands.

Then again, I'm not a coder by any means, so I really can't say much  8) .

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #9 on: 2006-02-05 17:35:37 »
It is not a matter of hacking the Materia or Kernel.bin.
Without hacking anything, you can apply both attack flags to your character by equipping both a Slash-All and a 4x-cut.
Observe that one wins over the other.

All attack flags are grouped together based on Materia combinations on the character and the engine then decides which to allow and which to eliminate based on which are supposed to override others.

You would need to modify the engine to allow both attack commands on the character (fairly easy) and then to modify it to allow displaying of both attack commands (possibly hard, but possibly easy).
It is probably hard but it may be easy if you can borrow the code from the Throw/Coin command, which I believe is a hard-coded menu item.

After that, since the flags will still be enabled on the character as valid commands, the game engine won’t argue if you send the attack command for one or the other.

L. Spiro

KotnmthKng

4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #10 on: 2006-02-05 22:04:46 »
Well I have no clue how to do all that. Is there anyone here willing to do it?

Synergy Blades

4x Cut and Slash All
« Reply #11 on: 2006-02-05 23:10:48 »
AFAIK most people here have lives to live and more important things to do, nor would they derive any joy or benefit for themselves in doing days/weeks of soul-destroying hacking to try just for one person's benefit. How's about learning all the required knowledge to do this and giving it a try yourself? That way you won't inconvenience others, and you'll learn a thing or three in the process. Win-win for everyone.