Author Topic: Language problem...  (Read 3871 times)

rsouza_rj

Language problem...
« on: 2006-02-24 00:31:52 »
Hyas, I don't know if anyone can help me...
My friend lend me his FF VIII but is in Italian, I don't understand nothing, have anyway for anyone help me sending or uploading in rapidshare the ips from the CD and the executables in english?
Thanks, Raphael

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Language problem...
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-24 01:40:59 »
I'm sorry to say that, but uploading game files and executables is called piracy, which is not supported on this forum.

I do understand your problem, however, there's no (legal) way we can help you here...

- Alhexx

rsouza_rj

Language problem...
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-24 02:25:37 »
Thanks anyway.

Steel

Language problem...
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-25 23:38:07 »
Your friend gave you a italian copy of this game, so where are you from??

Anyway there is a legal help for you - you have to find someone who wants to translate your version into your native language so you will understand. We have some translated version(dialogue, hints etc. ofcourse) into polish, chinese, etc. but you have to find it usefull for you. So good luck. You had better buy it yourself and play, you will no regret.

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
Language problem...
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-26 08:20:24 »
Yeah right. Some people (for example me ;) ) translate FF8. But... to apply the patch, you must have english version. Where you can find it? Ebay or something... :) So... buy it.

rsouza_rj

Language problem...
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-26 14:48:53 »
For aplly the patch I need buy the english version? lol
All I need is put this in english, if I buy the english version I don't need this italians cd's anymore.
Anyway, how I can translate this game? Extract all texts and put inside again without mess all up? Maybe I try make one portuguese version of the game.

Borde

• View Profile
Language problem...
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-26 18:40:48 »
You can modify the text of the game using a program like Ficedula's Cosmo. It's quiet a large amount of text, though...

Steel

Language problem...
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-28 21:32:35 »
rsouza_rj - don't be too smart and stupid at once. You want to play ff8 but you don't want to buy it, you only want to get this game from your friends, whatever it version would be... so I think you SHOULD don't even play.

btw. tell me how did you get your italian version, and how will you get a portugalian version of the game without any knowing of these languages??

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Language problem...
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-01 00:25:07 »
Quote from: Steel
rsouza_rj - don't be too smart and stupid at once. You want to play ff8 but you don't want to buy it, you only want to get this game from your friends, whatever it version would be... so I think you SHOULD don't even play.

I don't see what the big deal is.  So his friend let him borrow the game.  As long as his friend didn't copy it first, he transfered the rights over to rsouza_rj to play it, free of charge.  That's what friends are for right?

Quote from: Steel
btw. tell me how did you get your italian version, and how will you get a portugalian version of the game without any knowing of these languages??

rsouza_rj already said that he got the Italian version from his friend.  He never said he didn't know Portuguese.  He doesn't know Italian.

Quote from: rsouza_rj
My friend lend me his FF VIII but is in Italian, I don't understand nothing

I could be completely wrong.  It just sounds like rsouza_rj doesn't understand Italian.  He was looking for English text for the game.  Then he might translate the English text to Portuguese.  He was already told by someone here that the English text could not be uploaded.  Either way, it's not something to get heated about and call somone stupid over.

rsouza_rj

Language problem...
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-01 03:29:55 »
Yes, I don't know so much words in Italian because this I wanted the game in english for play and when I finish make a translation to portuguese. Im trying find the game for buy, but I don't found any for buy here in Brasil, only PS ones...

Rohan531

Re: Language problem...
« Reply #10 on: 2009-04-24 02:39:21 »
hi guys,
i am so lucky that i visited this discussion,.
i am a student and your topic is related to one of my subject i think i can perform my report with all confidence,.,
thanks guys,

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: Language problem...
« Reply #11 on: 2009-04-24 03:16:05 »
What is with the spambots recently?

Is it just me or are there more and more? Did something go wrong somewhere?