Author Topic: Post Your Desktop  (Read 64859 times)

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #50 on: 2006-04-18 22:22:46 »
impossible mr.qhimm because this is my dog and the bed where i sleep i didnt post my dog on doom

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #51 on: 2006-04-18 22:26:17 »
Your dog could have a secret identity. Like Batman; during the day it's just a regular dog but during the night it scares people in Doom 3.

You should set up a video camera to keep an eye on it while you sleep. Who knows what it does, it might be dangerous.

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #52 on: 2006-04-19 00:41:12 »
hehehehehe if my dog can play doom i would like die and try to sell her for like thousands

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #53 on: 2006-04-19 03:54:52 »
This will probably come up sooner or later anyway, so might as well get it out of the way now: please try to use correct grammar, capitalization and punctuation. We like it. In fact, we might get quite annoying, if you don't. :P

It will make your posts easier to read and at least making an effort shows respect towards other people (who have to read what you write).

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #54 on: 2006-04-19 05:20:53 »
Eh. Most peopel type on the internet like how they would speak, which is different from typing to read.

(Dont want to start another arguement about this one though....)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #55 on: 2006-04-19 08:17:00 »
OOH OOH!!!

>_> Been itching to post this for ages now.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #56 on: 2006-04-19 08:50:56 »
Quote from: Lieron
Eh. Most peopel type on the internet like how they would speak, which is different from typing to read.

Eh. This happens to be a place for sensible people who realize that typing is typing, and that the reading process -- a crucial aspect of communication through the written word -- is the same whatever intention the author had while writing it. "Taiping ass yu wud spik is djast stoopid", the equivalent of speaking without moving your lips or with your tounge so far out you spray the listener with lukewarm saliva. It's plain old annoying, and unless that is your intention you'd be well advised to reconsider your habits.

The written language was invented for a reason, namely to ensure successful communication in a limited medium. When speaking you have a whole range of additional means of conveying meaning, such as intonation, facial gestures, hand gestures, body movement or additional sounds. None of these apply when your entire message is condensed into a few characters on a computer screen, which is why you will write proper goddamn English if you expect someone to even understand you, much less care about anything you say.

P.S. Only two spelling errors in as many lines. Quite impressive, and yet so far still to go.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #57 on: 2006-04-19 09:17:09 »
omgz0r i cnot undrstad whut u say!!!11!!eleven

Yes, it IS annoying...

Jedimark

• View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #58 on: 2006-04-19 10:04:33 »
Quote from: AOD
heh its my spotted dog of hell  :wicked:

I take your spotted dog of hell and raise it with my evil horse cow of doom!

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #59 on: 2006-04-19 10:23:31 »
;_; Scary horsey

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #60 on: 2006-04-19 12:33:07 »
Liek-Ron: Drop dead, assclown. Now, was that close enough to spoken English for your liking?

You are beating a dead horse here, and I can get lot more unpleasant if you don't have the brains to stop right now.

EDIT: As for that horse cow: we need an animated picture that shows both eyes. The eyes will of course grow brighter and darker in turns, accompanied with the appropriate sound effect from Knight Rider.

It's a medievil KITT! And needs only Michael Knight standing next to it. :love:

PS. I wonder why eyes appear red in photos, because at least my dog's eyes used to look bright green if you pointed a flashlight at it.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #61 on: 2006-04-19 17:15:36 »
Maybe we should rename this topic to "Grammatical correct Pets from Hell" or something like that. :P

Quote from: Jari
PS. I wonder why eyes appear red in photos, because at least my dog's eyes used to look bright green if you pointed a flashlight at it.

Although I do not know much about photography, I think that the environment (where the dog, cat, girl or whatever is) has to be dark.
When you trigger the flashlight using a photo camera, the iris does not react quick enough to close the pupil, and then the color of the inner side of the eye gets reflected, which is red...

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #62 on: 2006-04-19 17:34:54 »
Hmmm, could be. Especially since the anti-red eye feature some cameras have is just a fancy name for pre-flash, triggered just before the more powerful real flash.

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #63 on: 2006-04-20 11:44:49 »
http://www.aodteamspeakhosting.cjb.net/mydesktop2.jpg

Its the spotted dog of heaven!!! :o

P.S Dont mind my messy senery i'm in the process of cleaning my house

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #64 on: 2006-04-20 12:01:56 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
I wonder why eyes appear red in photos, because at least my dog's eyes used to look bright green if you pointed a flashlight at it.

There is a fluid in the dog's eye that helps it adapt to darkness.  This gives them a kind of natural night vision.  The color can also vary because of breed and age of the dog.  Sorry I don't have the exact terms, I know "fluid" doesn't quite answer your questions. :)  I'll dig up the correct terms soon.

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #65 on: 2006-04-20 19:45:23 »
Thanks for the explanation. :)

Anyway, the bre... best desktop ever. :P

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #66 on: 2006-04-20 20:51:28 »
Quote from: Otokoshi
I wonder why eyes appear red in photos, because at least my dog's eyes used to look bright green if you pointed a flashlight at it.

There is a fluid in the dog's eye that helps it adapt to darkness.  This gives them a kind of natural night vision.  The color can also vary because of breed and age of the dog.  Sorry I don't have the exact terms, I know "fluid" doesn't quite answer your questions. :)  I'll dig up the correct terms soon.

Well its an Austrailian Cattle Dog Blue healer purebread and shes 2 years old also her name is Angel

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Anyway, the bre... best desktop ever. :P

Nice Desktop is it possible if i can have the pic w/o her bra :P

Sad Jari

Post Your Desktop
« Reply #67 on: 2006-04-20 21:00:39 »
Not possible. There's no braless version and I don't even know if Sayaka Isoyama does totally nude photos at all.

You can try Google, of course.

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #68 on: 2006-04-21 00:01:39 »
hehe i'm not gunna bother google is like full of other things

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #69 on: 2006-04-21 01:39:03 »
Ok the "fluid" I mentioned earlier is called vitreous fluid, which gives dogs night vision, lubricating the cornea, and helps to dilate their pupils.  When the photoreceptors hit the lens of the eye the pupil constricts.  This allows vitreous fluid to flood into the optic chiasm, causing a thick membrane over the cornea.  The color may come up green or red in the dogs eyes depending on the intensity of the light.

I know this is terribly off topic, but you should learn something new everyday, right?  :)

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #70 on: 2006-04-21 04:15:28 »
That's actually quite interesting. Night vision is awesome. One time at a coast guard base I got to try a pair of NV goggles on. It intensified the moonlight so much it was as though it was broad day light (with the only colors being green white and black)

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #71 on: 2006-04-21 07:38:07 »
You make it seems as if only dogs have this fluid.

Nearly every animal has this fluid, including humans, and it is not the reason for night vision.

This deals with cones, rods, carotene, and the tapetum.

Vitamin A starts as beta-carotene, one of the families of plant chemicals known as carote noids.  These exist in green-leaf plants, carrots, and some other types.
When we eat these types of plants, we convert it into other types of vitamin A called retinols.
In the eye, beta-carotene is converted to the aldehyde form of vitamin A called retinaldehyde and bounds to a protein called opsin, which resides in rods and cones.
These line the back of the eye and are what trigger the transient excitation of electrical energy that our brains use to interpret visually the world we see.

As long as there is enough beta-carotene in the retina, rods and cones can do their respective jobs (offering both color vision and night vision).

Rods are more sensitive to light than cones, and in the time of need they will absorb more carotene to help a person/animal see better at night.
This process involves the dilation of the retina to allow more light in and the gradual absorption of beta-carotene, which is why night vision is gradual; when the lights go out, you are immediately blinded until your rods can adjust.
Likewise, when the lights are turned on your rods must disperse of more beta-carotene, until which time your eyes will burn from over stimulation.

Although functionally the same, animals still have the edge over humans at seeing in the dark.  This has to do with an extra reflective layer animals have called a tapetum.
And this is also related to the devil eyes you see in animal pictures, and red eyes you see in pictures of humans.

In humans, after the eye has been dilated, and a photo is taken, more light will enter the eye and reflect off a human’s choroid.  The effect is always red because the anatomy of our eyes is different from those of animals.  The red comes from blood vessels.
Some cameras uses two flashes to reduce the effect.  The first flash forces the pupil to constrict so that the second flash will not catch so much reflectivity.
Pupil restriction is faster than rods absorbing beta-carotene, so you will still be blinded by both flashes.

However, in animals, the red-eye effect is not always red, and is much more intense.
The green/blue/yellow eye in animals was correctly related to night vision previously in this topic, but incorrectly related to vitreous fluid.
Both night vision and the “pet eye” effect are caused by light bouncing off the animal’s tapetum, which is a reflective layer in the back of the animal’s eye intended to improve vision at night.

Tapetal color can vary to some extent with coat color. Some animals, and a few dog and cat breeds (for instance, blue point siamese cats), have no tapetal pigmentation. These animals show a red reflex as humans.
The color of the eyes in photographs also depends on the angle of the eye relative to the camera.
It is common to take a picture “across” a dog’s face and see one colored eye and one normal eye.

L. Spiro

[Edit]
I forgot to mention that rods are dispersed in higher numbers just outside the center of the eye, decreasing towards the outside of the eye, while cones are entirely focused towards the center of the eye.
This is why, at night, you can’t see anything by looking directly at it.
You must look a bit to the side where the focus on the item will encounter the highest number of rods.
[/Edit]

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #72 on: 2006-04-21 08:07:34 »
I think I learn more on this forum then on my college...

Jedimark

• View Profile
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #73 on: 2006-04-21 11:29:00 »
Quote from: chaoscontrol
I think I learn more on this forum then on my college...

Well... ahem... http://www.eyecarecontacts.com/Nutrition_and_the_Eye.html

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Post Your Desktop
« Reply #74 on: 2006-04-21 12:22:02 »
There was one other copy/paste quote from another site, but unfortunately I don’t have it right now.
Try a search for “Pet Eye Photograph”.

This is the actual quoted text:
“Tapetal color can vary to some extent with coat color. Some animals, and a few dog and cat breeds (for instance, blue point siamese cats), have no tapetal pigmentation. These animals show a red reflex as humans.”

Information is all around for those caring to seek.

I also learned two things during the writing of that essay; while I was already aware of how carotene was used in the eye (my search for “Cone Rod Eye Carotene” led me to that page in the first place), I was not aware of its relationship to vitamin A.   :D
I was also not aware that the color of the tapetum was based on the coat color (as quoted above), but in fact I had believed it was based entirely on camera angle and light intensity.

That’s why I go full-force when I research something; it takes time but nothing is more valuable than knowledge.

L. Spiro