Author Topic: Help with FF7music  (Read 2520 times)

Aradiel

Help with FF7music
« on: 2006-04-05 11:22:37 »
Right, first of all, I've read all of the help threads, but I still can't get this working.

I have the entire soundtrack in mp3 format, including some of those from Advent Children, all named correctly in a folder within the ficedula folder.

I have tested FF7music with Ficedula.dll 1.10 and 1.51a

I am using FF7music 1.51a

I have "Mute midi on custom playback" etc ticked.

When I run the game (1.20 and Chocobo patch) through FF7Music, everything seems to work fine.
The midis play, the game runs, and so on.

I then reduce the music volume in the menu, and there is no music. Only the midis were playing, but there were meant to be muted!

According to the logs, FF7Music found the alternate mp3 and played that, but it didn't.
The ddls I'm using are direct copies from my winamp folder, and so should be configured properly.

I have thme in the main ff7 folder, I have ficedula.dll in both the main and ficedula folder, I've tried deleting them altenately (actually just moving them to a folder far away) and yet still the program doesn't do what it's claiming to do.

Please help me with this, I'm wanting to play with the better soundtrack, and since the only mod that will work is the difficulty patch, I'd really love to get this working.

ttocs

Help with FF7music
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-05 20:52:17 »
I'm in the same boat as the original poster here.  I've basically now tried it on two different computers.

This is how I've run it:

1) Clean install of FF7, from CD.  (This *IS* a legit, purchased copy)
2) Installed 1.02 Patch
3) Installed the "Original Music patch" that included an older version of FF7Music + the PSFs (Linked to in the FF7Music sticky).  No dice, still regular MIDIs (when I mute MIDI, nothing plays).  As far as I know, everything points ot the right path.
4) On another computer, repeat steps 1 and 2.  Instead of installing the original music patch, I created a Ficedula folder, got the PSFs from FFSF ( http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/ ), and installed 1.51a.  Everything checks out OK, and even says that the PSFs are found and that it is playing (when the time comes for it to play) - but nothing happens.

In both installations, the in/out .dll's are in the ficedula folder, and are referenced from there.  The original music patch puts it in the base FF7 folder, and in 1.51a, i've tried both in the FF7 folder and in the ficedula folder.

Specs:
- Athlon64 FX-55, GeForce 6800 Ultra, 1GB RAM, WinXP SP2, Audigy 2 ZS.. and if it matters, Winamp 5.01.
- 2nd computer is a Pentium M 770 (2.13GHz), GeForce 6800 Ultra, 1GB RAM, some Sigmatel AC-97 audio, WinXP SP2.. and also Winamp 5.01.

Any suggestions?

.:Ttocs

Aradiel

Help with FF7music
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-06 21:27:21 »
I had an idea, though it'd require input from more experienced programmers:

How about making something almost like a plugin to winamp?
FF7Music detects calls the game makes to files, then tries to start other files, right?

Well, since it doesn't seem to be working, is it possible to make something that would detect the call, then make winamp play the appropriate file? That way we won't have to mess with dlls...

[edit]
I have solved the problem - I made sure that the .dlls it was pointing to were in the winamp directory, removed the ficedula.dll, and shifted the mp3s to c:\ff7music\
I then configured appropriately, and hurray!
It's awesome to play it with the Advent Children soundtrack!