Author Topic: acne  (Read 12403 times)

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
acne
« on: 2006-06-09 04:54:29 »
I'm the cleanest person in the world and yet I break out pretty bad at times. The thing I really need to fix this problem. i breakout not just on my face by on my body. I even use acne medicine and nothing works.

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
Re: acne
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-09 04:55:16 »
I know it might not be much to you guys. But im almost 20 years old and I never had a girlfriend, I'm not a bad looking guy if this acne wasnt on my body and face... I really want it off my face.

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-09 05:10:31 »
See a dermatologist. Seriously. If it's that bad then a professional is what you need.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-09 08:53:13 »
I know it says "completely unrelated", but jeesh...! :-o

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-09 13:17:06 »
I sometimes break out on my back when it gets really hot, if it happens I just get some Benzoyl Peroxide cream from the chemist. Will get rid of it overnight, although it also bleaches your clothes. You would also need a lower strength on your face than your back/chest (We can get it in 2 strengths 5% and 10%, I once put the 10% on my face and got burned  :-o)

Other than that go to the doctor.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-09 15:43:10 »
Alchohol Does the trick for my upper back.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-06-09 16:30:01 »
This topic really makes me appreciate the fact that I've always had smooth skin :-D.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-06-09 16:58:31 »
Stop eating junk food!

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-06-09 18:48:11 »
lol, I get hyped up already at only 1 zit :mrgreen:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #9 on: 2006-06-09 19:13:34 »
My friend avoids all greasy foods but he has more acne than I do.

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-06-09 22:15:03 »
Stop eating junk food!

actually im into fitness and i only eat tuna,chicken, and fruits. Is that such bad food?

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-06-09 22:16:56 »
My friend avoids all greasy foods but he has more acne than I do.

It has nothing to do with food, because i only eat fruits,chiken, and tuna since I'm a body builder and no I don't take steroids. I live in jersey though and I heard that acne more has to do with the dust and pollution and i'm pretty sure jersey is a dirty shithole. And I see alot of people with acne. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I see almost everyone my age and a little older have acne problems. I'm 19 by the way. I haven't seen anyone with a complete clean looking face.

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #12 on: 2006-06-09 22:18:07 »
Go swimming everyday, that helps my acne...

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-06-09 22:19:19 »
I sometimes break out on my back when it gets really hot, if it happens I just get some Benzoyl Peroxide cream from the chemist

Benzoyl Peroxide scares the shit out of me, I put that shit on my face and I got like 3rd degree burns on my face from it. And when I used it I thought i broke out more after using it. Maybe I put too much on it? And you dont need to buy benzol peroxide from a chemist, they sell it in stores.

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-06-09 22:21:04 »
Im lighter skin tone and I think the cure for acne is really to be outside infront of the sun. Some say that irritates acne and makes it worse, but from my experience it does the opposite and helps fix it up. Not by giving you color but I don't know but my face always seems less bumpy when outside in the sun. Just I dont get out much and have a british skin tone cause I work too much.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-09 22:32:55 »
It probably makes your skin look worse for a bit because the bleach irritates it but it always fixed me up.

Yeah my face went weird on the higher strength stuff was like my skin was plastic  :-o

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-06-09 23:14:57 »
Dude, SheismyHeart, compile your thoughts into a single post. You have about seven needless posts.

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-06-09 23:55:05 »
http://www.acnefree.com/af

Theres one that worked for me, but its just mostly benzoyl peroxide with other stuff in it.

SheismyHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-06-10 00:48:33 »
Dude, SheismyHeart, compile your thoughts into a single post. You have about seven needless posts.

Thats because I try to talk to more than one person, and Im lazy at copying quotes from place 2 place. So you want to lick''em?

LICK EM

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-06-10 10:26:35 »
Thats because I try to talk to more than one person, and Im lazy at copying quotes from place 2 place. So you want to lick''em?
LICK EM

Zero88 is right, you know. You can talk to more than one person in a single post by quoting. And saying you're too lazy to do that is just utter nonsense. If you are too lazy to do that, I'm too lazy to read your posts.

Oh, and more thing. I'm just wondering so bad, where do you think posts like this will get you? Ah well, you're probably not going to answer anyway.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-06-10 15:07:17 »

LICK EM

? There's plenty of time in between people posting for you to post, quoting what all you'd like to respond to. There's also a handy feature called edit.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #21 on: 2006-06-12 07:06:33 »
I recommend washing your face regulary ( or other places where it occurs ) . Use soap to get rid of greasiness of the skin and to clean skin pores. Or let them be as they are.

SheismyHeart: its a good habit here that you don't double or triple post. If you want to say something just after your last post then edit your last post and add the text into it.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #22 on: 2006-06-12 09:43:39 »
Quite frankly cleanliness causes zits and other face rashes.

For the most part, people who try to be too clean will always get these types of breakouts.  The average person has no problem because the average person tries to stay only average clean.
I’ve personally never had a zit or acne, going strong at 24.  Meanwhile the preppies, football players, cheerleaders, and other “high-class” care-only-about-looks people in my school were full of them.

And why is that?

Because humans are filthy.  The human mouth is dirtier than a dog’s mouth, with over twice the amount of bacteria.
By being so naturally dirty, humans are also naturally clean; because there are so many dirty bacteria crawling all over us, there is also a larger population of good bacteria crawling all over us.
Without that abnormally high amount of good bacteria, the bad bacteria have a ball corrupting our skin and clogging our pores.

Stop being so clean.
Be normal-clean instead of over-clean.
Avoid anti-bacterial soap—you’re killing the good bacteria with the bad, but the bad come back faster.

Some claim food can do it to you, but I highly doubt that is really accurate.  As I stated, I’ve never had a zit or acne in my life, my skin is soft and my hair softer (many women tell me how jealous they are [yes, seriously]), and this is after many years of hamburgers, hotdogs, pizzas, etc.

But maybe I’m just the anti-christ, so normal mortal inflictions have no meaning on me (though I have been sick before).

L. Spiro

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006-06-12 22:37:07 »
my skin is soft and my hair softer (many women tell me how jealous they are [yes, seriously]), and this is after many years of hamburgers, hotdogs, pizzas, etc.
Aha.  You get that too eh? :-P

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-06-13 05:27:11 »
L. Spiro made many good points, I'd like to add to it.  Everyone's skin will react differently to the numerous treatments that are available.  You need to find a routine of maintenance that fits your specific skin type.  If it is severe, you need to see a dermatologist to tell you what "skin type" you have.  Then it can be determined what types of soaps or astringents you need, where to specifically apply them, and the frequency of their use.

Quote from: L. Spiro
Quite frankly cleanliness causes zits and other face rashes.
Exactly.  If you are washing your face with a soap that is two harsh, or washing too frequently, the pH change can irritate the skin and cause breakouts.

Some claim food can do it to you, but I highly doubt that is really accurate.
I've heard this too, some swear by this claim.  The only "diet" I've seen that consistantly helps improve the skin is drinking more water.  Apparently eight glasses a day isn't enough anymore.  Some doctors recommend taking your weight (in pounds), flip it to ounces, then divide that by two to get your daily required level of water intake.  Example, 200 lb. man should drink 100 oz. of water daily.

Avoid anti-bacterial soap—you’re killing the good bacteria with the bad, but the bad come back faster.
Yes, many people rush out for the anti-bacterial soaps.  These should be reserved for use on your hands or open wounds.

But maybe I’m just the anti-christ
Where were you last week?  :-D
« Last Edit: 2006-06-13 05:30:08 by Otokoshi »