Author Topic: Advent Children Cloud Head Model [WIP]  (Read 9092 times)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Advent Children Cloud Head Model [WIP]
« on: 2006-08-26 08:44:37 »
If everyone hasn't checked out Reunion's PCreator program, then where have you been?!  :-)  Well I thought I'd try and create an updated Cloud head model.  It is still in its early stages, so please be kind.  He doesn't have hair yet, so consider him an elderly Cloud.  I plan on creating better higher-res eye textures, and if I have the patience, that complicated hair of his.  So far it is still in .3ds format.  Check out some screens

Let me know what you think.  I'm not a pro at model creation or texturing in any way.  If you like it, Cloud will be very happy.  If you call him ugly, he will be very sad:-D

rmco2003

Re: Advent Children Cloud Head Model [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-26 09:28:59 »
very scary :-o I'd definately change the eyes for a start, and make his nose shorter

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-26 15:56:09 »
He doesn't look asian enough

Khaos1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-26 19:36:18 »
Is he really asian when you think about it? I mean, the only asian town I saw in FF7 was wutai. That town that Cloud was from (don't know how to spell it, but you all know what town it is) seemed more like a European or North American type settlement.

In AC, a they had someone who was asian play Cloud, giving him that apperance. He looked more European in the original FF7.

Of course, if reality and I disagree, reality will win.  :-D

rmco2003

« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-26 21:23:03 »
yes, but remember this is an advent children cloud, and in advent children he looked asian

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-27 00:41:30 »
Yea, the hair is probably throwing you off. Japanese don't look so asian with particular hairstyles/haircolors.

Not to find an excuse to post picture of Ayumi Hamasaki or anything....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/SilverCarnation/Ayumi_Refference_Picture.jpg

http://www.uraworld.com/idol/contents/ayu/image/ayu002.jpg

See?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-27 01:02:37 »
I think the hair is throwing everyone a bit off.  This is the screenshot I captured from the DVD for reference.

Quote from: halkun
He doesn't look asian enough...
Japanese don't look so asian...

Interesting choice of words... :|  I know you're commenting in favor of my design, but oh nevermind.

I tweaked the nose a little and I believe it is close to Advent Children's adaptation.

I just threw in a generic eye texture, I'll update that soon.  That is one flaw that does make this early model look scary.  I'll slap together a new one and get everyone's opinion later.

Take care
« Last Edit: 2006-08-28 04:20:24 by Otokoshi »

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-27 07:02:17 »
It's looking very nice Otokoshi! :-D

rmco2003

« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-27 09:43:18 »
wow that nose is dead on, good job :P

Nii

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-31 12:21:36 »
Hey Otokoshi, I'm the guy you messaged on the gmod forums. I've actually been a member on here for ages (about a year), but I stopped coming for some reason. I can't remember exactly why, but I think it was because this forum was down or something?

Anyway I was the dude that made the port of FF7 models to the warcraft engine here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=2819.125

Feel free to check out those videos.

So what exactly did you want from me again?  :-P

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-08-31 14:42:18 »
Well I was seeing if you wanted to use my Cloud head model for your HL2 mod and also for a battle/field mod for FF7 PC.  I was about to start work on his hair then I saw your great work at the facepunch forums.

Edit:
How is your progress with the Warcraft Cloud going.  I remember that from a while back and it looked awesome.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-31 18:37:04 by Otokoshi »

Nii

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-01 07:17:58 »
That sounds like an interesting idea. The main problem is that my Cloud's face has already had 35 face shapes made for him. It would be a little too tedious to do again. Though I might make a post over at my thread, see what the people think.

The FF7 Warcraft mod has been discontinued for about a year heheh. It took up too much time and we were too ambitious I guess. Besides, the Warcraft modding community is a little too small for it to be much use.

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-26 03:02:49 »
Wow this is very interesting.

I'd love to see what you do with it.

SmackinHard87

« Reply #13 on: 2006-10-01 19:55:52 »
This looks amazing so far. I can't wait to see what he looks like with hair. Nice JOB!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-10-03 00:48:35 »
I don't think Nii wishes to use my model with his.  If I believe it is of high quality, then I'll release it.  I'm also looking at starting on other characters.  Thank you for your support.