Author Topic: Final Fantasy 8 Issues...  (Read 2027 times)

kasaa

Final Fantasy 8 Issues...
« on: 2006-08-27 22:37:37 »
I bought my copy of the game off of eBay, so I know this kind of thing happens, but it is still extremely frustrating.  Anyway, I played through the first disc fine, and the first ten minutes of the second disc also fine.  However, the dream sequence ends, and when the scene changes to Squall he goes through the monologue that ends with "Damn you, Seifer!".  After that, the screeen shakes, and Squall falls to his knees.  The game freezes at this point, where I assume a movie is supposed to begin.  I examined the disc, and there are holes in it that you can see through when it is held to the light.  Obviously, not usable.  I extracted the ISO and mounted it with Daemon Tools, but it gets to the same point and does the exact same thing.

Is there any legal way I can salvage the data?  I'm guessing not, but I figured this might be the place to ask.  I'm hoping I'm not screwed, because it cost $30, which is a lot for me right now (starting college).    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aali

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 8 Issues...
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-27 23:21:29 »
chances are you got a pirated copy
hunt down whoever sold it to you and kill him/her

kasaa

« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-28 00:25:00 »
I'm pretty sure it's not pirated, since it came with the cardboard cd case and all of the discs have copyright info on them.  Everything looks legit.  I know the guy's an ass, but I don't think he's that much of one. :-(

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-28 12:06:39 »
Go to FF8Config and switch the movies to low-resolution to play past this point.
See if that helps.  (Low-res and high-res movies are stored separately on the disc, if one is bad chances are the other will work fine.)