Author Topic: Chucking about Ideas concerning PSP Emulation + FFVII PSX  (Read 4552 times)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Im pretty much out of the loop on goings on here reguarding modifications on the PSX Version of the game, so please forgive me if I seem ignorant.

As some people may know, Games can now be bought from the PS3Store, and played on the PSP.

I myself have updated my PSP to version 3.03 Open Edition, and have just got FFVII and Resident Evil 2 working on it flawlessly more or less.

My question is this.  I have a program to change the ISO of the game into an EBOOT.PHP file ready for loading onto the PSP. 

Are there any patches for the PSX version that I can test through this conversion, and then on the PSP, Or is the communtiy mainly fosucing on the PC version these days?

Cheers

JP.

Wuz

• View Profile
Re: Chucking about Ideas concerning PSP Emulation + FFVII PSX
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-06 09:38:15 »
all mods for PC version here, though i think q-gears is using psx data?

in my opinion editing the psx version for use on PSP would be excellent but its just a bit too late...
got a PSP coming next week and FF7 is one of the things i hope to try :)

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-06 16:39:02 »
If you can upgrade it to 3.03 Open Edition, theres no trying about it. FFVII will work on it easily, providing you convert the ISO image ripped from the PSX disc to an Eboot.

So. Anyone else know of any PSX mods?

TTK_86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-07 14:13:39 »
There isn´t any mods for psx version, but you could make one, if you knew how to replace files in ISO. I have been trying to do that myself, but haven´t succeeded yet. I used PC-version editors like Scenester and also modified kernel.bin. The problem is that when you replace the files in ISO, the game no longer works and that´s because the replacing process probably also changes some vital information on image which cause the game freezing instantly when trying to play. I´ve only tried it with ePSXe, because i don´t want to burn it on cd if I'm not sure is the game even working. I was wondering, could one use PSX patcher engine to fix the problem?(like PPF)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-01-07 16:34:58 »
It's really easy to edit files in an iso just get CDmage.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-08 20:35:12 »
It's really easy to edit files in an iso just get CDmage.

Or even WinRAR.

TTK_86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-09 12:15:29 »
editing is easy, but getting the damn image working after the editing is not...