Author Topic: Laptop Keyboard patch  (Read 6024 times)

Jake

Laptop Keyboard patch
« on: 2007-02-01 15:57:05 »
I recently downloaded ff7 on my friend's laptop as well as the XP patch and the laptop patch. The laptop patch worked to get into the game and configure, yet these new configurations do not take effect in the choose player's name menu that comes up when Biggs asks you your name in the first mission. When I play ff7 on my desktop my controls do not apply to this menu either, and I have to use the num pad to move over to "select" after typing my character's name. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jake

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop Keyboard patch
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-01 18:52:21 »
They never have.  It always switched back to the default key config for name entry.

Jake

« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-02 01:25:04 »
Yea I know that, but how can u get past that part of the game if you cant control to select the name?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-02 11:52:30 »
Most laptops let you use the "keypad" by pressing the function key and using keys on the right half of the keyboard.  You should see little (blue?) numbers on those keys.

Use the function key on your laptop to press the "keypad" numbers to move over to move the cursor over to the right and down to get past the menu.

Jake

« Reply #4 on: 2007-02-02 14:58:09 »
Oh okay, thanks a lot