Author Topic: Name this anime!  (Read 19666 times)

Relf

• View Profile
Re: Name this anime!
« Reply #25 on: 2007-03-26 00:18:38 »
Death Note is excellent, as is Samurai Champloo, but both of those are well known, so I'd guess you seen those as well?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-03-26 08:33:26 »
Death Note is excellent, as is Samurai Champloo, but both of those are well known, so I'd guess you seen those as well?
I'm watching Death Note currently but never heard of Samurai Champloo, I'm gonna check it out, thanks! :D

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #27 on: 2007-03-26 15:05:38 »
Samurai Champloo is good fun, i've seen all 26 episodes in free-tv. Its worth checking out.
Btw: Where do you guys get animes from?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-03-26 22:36:51 »
Samurai Champloo is good fun, i've seen all 26 episodes in free-tv. Its worth checking out.
Btw: Where do you guys get animes from?
Mostly torrents from sites of fansubbing groups and everything that's registered (thus not subbed) I usually download a batch torrent when it's released or ask friends or if I must, I buy..

I hate being a poor student but I'm way too lazy to work -_-;

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-03-27 06:53:46 »
Bleach -like Death Note was- is a current anime still airing in Japan every Wednesday and is available for download with subtitles (thanks to Dattabayo) around 3-5am on Thursday morning (GMT time).

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-03-27 08:13:22 »
Bleach -like Death Note was- is a current anime still airing in Japan every Wednesday and is available for download with subtitles (thanks to Dattabayo) around 3-5am on Thursday morning (GMT time).

Yeah <3 I love subbers who don't quit even if they can busted :P Die-hards :D

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-03-28 11:12:07 »
I'm watching Zegapain at the moment and it's awesome, I'm only on the 13th episode and I'm hooked, kinda sad storyline though...

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-03-31 06:00:57 »
I really don't like the long boring animes. Bleach and Naruto are two examples of this in which:
No important character EVER dies.
The people who do die you don't care about.
Its basicly "I have to get stronger" all the time.
Stupid story after the first season.

The longest anime I enjoyed was Cowboy Bebop, only because it had GOOD fillers (Mushroom Samba, and the Lobster Monster) and that there were only three of them (didn't like the Teddy Bomber).

I enjoy reading manga more than animes, and they're like a better version of the animes in cases of storyline and usually artwork (however Elfen Lied's manga looked terrible in the beginning, and middle).

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-03-31 11:39:20 »
You'll like berserk then :D

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-03-31 19:17:29 »
I actually read that and I liked it very much. Never bothered with the anime, and I like Griffith's helmet the most, and Femto was just awesome.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-04-01 12:51:56 »
I actually read that and I liked it very much. Never bothered with the anime, and I like Griffith's helmet the most, and Femto was just awesome.
I think Femto is kinda ghey. Don't like the fact it takes 2-4 weeks till a new manga gets released..

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-04-01 23:07:35 »
The longest anime I enjoyed was Cowboy Bebop, only because it had GOOD fillers (Mushroom Samba, and the Lobster Monster) and that there were only three of them (didn't like the Teddy Bomber).

Samurai Champloo was like that, same creators I believe. And it had even better fillers, the random undead episode and the baseball one.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-04-02 00:16:18 »
Well, actually I'd say that Cowboy Bebop is nearly all filler. How many episodes actually belong to the main story? 6? Not that it really matters. Cowboy Bebop it's a great anime even without a solid plot line.
As for Bleach and Naruto, well, you are mostly right. They start strong, but as new plots keep comming you can see they are weaker every time and eventually you start hating the main characters.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-04-02 08:53:37 »
Well, actually I'd say that Cowboy Bebop is nearly all filler. How many episodes actually belong to the main story? 6? Not that it really matters. Cowboy Bebop it's a great anime even without a solid plot line.
As for Bleach and Naruto, well, you are mostly right. They start strong, but as new plots keep comming you can see they are weaker every time and eventually you start hating the main characters.
Yeah, Zabuza (the guy with the bigass sword from the start) now that was an opponent :o

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-04-02 13:40:13 »
I'm watching Zegapain at the moment and it's awesome, I'm only on the 13th episode and I'm hooked, kinda sad storyline though...
No you see why I recommended it, the storyline is totally outside of normal realms and thinks just keep bending in seemingly impossible angles.

InuYasha was probably the only Anime series I have seen that kept it going for so long (167 episodes I think plus 4 movies).
fair do there were 1 or 2 episode fillers from time to time, but like with Bleach you eventually catch up to the Manga Storyline.
When the anime reaches the current timeline of the manga series it can do one of two things;
1) End the Anime completely (Inuyasha), or
2) Put a whole bunch of fillers in and make a "arc/season" out of it (Bleach - Bunto Arc) so you can put the Manga story on hold for 40 episodes..

In all honesty I wish Inuyasha just took a 6 month break and then start up again..

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-04-02 14:35:40 »
No you see why I recommended it, the storyline is totally outside of normal realms and thinks just keep bending in seemingly impossible angles.

InuYasha was probably the only Anime series I have seen that kept it going for so long (167 episodes I think plus 4 movies).
fair do there were 1 or 2 episode fillers from time to time, but like with Bleach you eventually catch up to the Manga Storyline.
When the anime reaches the current timeline of the manga series it can do one of two things;
1) End the Anime completely (Inuyasha), or
2) Put a whole bunch of fillers in and make a "arc/season" out of it (Bleach - Bunto Arc) so you can put the Manga story on hold for 40 episodes..

In all honesty I wish Inuyasha just took a 6 month break and then start up again..
Yeah it's also happening to One Piece atm, every scene gets stretched to the impossible, I'd rather have a good filler arc.\
(I thought the bounto filler in Bleach was a great filler sotry :o)

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-04-02 16:34:52 »
I think Femto is kinda ghey. Don't like the fact it takes 2-4 weeks till a new manga gets released..
How was he gay? Oh yeah that one baron >.>

I think they messed up on some potentially good animes, like Gantz. They should have had some fillers there. It would have saved that show from extinction.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-04-05 08:15:38 »
agreed, I didn't like how they ended gantz and I was very upset when I checked out the manga and saw that they had a dino chapter  :-o, makes me sad that they ended it like that :cry: ....

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-04-05 09:03:51 »
agreed, I didn't like how they ended gantz and I was very upset when I checked out the manga and saw that they had a dino chapter  :-o, makes me sad that they ended it like that :cry: ....
The best thing the Gantz anime had to offer for me was a cool intro: Rip Slyme - Super Shooter

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-04-05 19:57:45 »
Rolling Star - Yui :
Bleach Intro 4. Pretty special I think.