Author Topic: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7  (Read 135217 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7
« Reply #150 on: 2007-05-06 08:55:15 »
I'm getting a feeling that someone pulled a Joey on you. :-D

Yes Jari! Nicely said :)

zackner

« Reply #151 on: 2007-05-06 17:31:37 »
Here I put you to auron for if you want it:

Also I have to gilgamesh and to griever Warn me if you want it.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-06 17:38:04 by zackner »

murak

« Reply #152 on: 2007-05-06 19:43:44 »
los modelos trabajan? Si es así entonces si. :-) pero si necesitan corregido, despues nosotros puede fijarlos para arriba (not sure if I wrote it right... it was years since I properly used spanish)
In english: do the models work? if so, then yes. :-) but if they need to edited, then we can fix them up.
so, we are happy to accept your kind offering of auron, gilgamesh and griever.

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007-05-06 22:11:13 »
No, I don't think, that the models really have a job and go to work.  :-D
At least that is the sense of 'trabajar' in Spanish.  :wink:.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007-05-06 23:29:03 »
Woh hey wait up I already have all these models so I don't need them, I don't know if you Murak can use them for your mod but I'm sticking as close to the originals as possible with this, so no auron or gilgamesh sorry, and Murak if you mean "we" I hope you mean you :-P coz I'm flooded at the moment :lol:. @Wintermute I didn't understand what you meant in your post.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007-05-07 05:46:03 »
Work, in the meaning of "not-out of order" is Funcionnar ... As in French, Fonctionner ... It's not Latin derivated for  nothing  :-D
Trabajar is indeed for Work, but as I work in MacDonald's , not as if something works, or is broken .... LOL  :-D

EDIT
if you mean "we" I hope you mean you :-P coz I'm flooded at the moment :lol:. @Wintermute I didn't understand what you meant in your post.

Since you're talking of that, how are you doing in your mod? No news, good news as we say in France hé hé lol

As for wintermute, he meant that the models don't have a job, and therefore don't work, since Trabajar in Spanish only mean Work at an office, or as a job...

No, I don't think, that the models really have a job and go to work.  :-D
At least that is the sense of 'trabajar' in Spanish.  :wink:.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-07 05:49:15 by Djé »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007-05-07 06:04:42 »
Oh ok i get it now :lol:. As for progress you'll just have to keep watch the next few weeks won't you  :-D

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007-05-07 12:17:57 »
As Djé said. Maybe I should have explained it better for Non-Spanish speakers.
I just couldn't resist making a stupid comment. ;-) Judging from murak's literal translation it is quite obvious that his mother language is English.

murak

« Reply #158 on: 2007-05-07 18:33:36 »
I think I did pretty well considering I didn't use spanish since I was 12.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007-05-07 18:49:30 »
I think I did pretty well considering I didn't use spanish since I was 12.

Is that when you found a certain website? :wink:

murak

« Reply #160 on: 2007-05-07 21:24:48 »
I just decided to further my studies of Japanese. I did then found out about forums at that point and got the internet for the first time.
we are getting off topic though. let's stick to the topic of squeeble's mod.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007-05-08 08:03:32 »
Well heres an update for you all, (sort of). This will be the Reno model I will use providing I get consent from the author of the model, wich means if he says no you don't get the model :lol:. A big thanks to borde for fixing the precalculated lighting on battle models, they look heaps better now :-D. Anyway heres a screen.

Thanks to Jari for helping me figure out how to do the (click on small image goes to bigger image) thing so you get it in higher resolution :-D.
Also thanks to andrewmarsh13 for making his electro rod.

**EDIT** Seems I was denied permission to use this model as well, for the fact that the creator is against model porting, wich I fully understand. The only reason I'm porting the square models anyway is the time consuming factor of creating these models. As it turns out though he said he would agree to let me use his models if I were to scrap all ripped KH and FF models from the project, wich in my mind doesnt seem like such a bad idea. I mean if I was to get permission from various creators to use there works in this mod, all works would be original. Lets just say I'm currently in negotiating stages :lol:.

**EDIT2** In game screen shots of the compeltely legal reno XD.

Now I seem to be having a small issue with kimera. As you can see his hair is not transperant, this isn't a hex editing thing as that was the first thing I checked, what it seems to be is some sort of compatablity issue. See in kimera .81 I opened him and his hair was see through, after opening him in kimera .82 it isn't. Then after adding lighting to him he no longer opens in kimera .81, well he opens but is completely invisible. So I have no work around for this little problem. As you can see he needs a bit of work fitting his bones proply although all his animations did appear to work correctly. Also the lighting isn't very good on him coz I did it very rough just to see if the lighting would actually work or not, so theres a few things to work out.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-09 01:26:03 by squeeble »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007-05-09 15:09:07 »
Open his hair texture in a head editor, go to about the 8th byte and change it to 01 if that isn't the black part then save the texture as a .GIF and look at the palette and find what palette ID the black is and change it to that if you get what i mean of course.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007-05-09 23:46:24 »
That was the first thing I tried, like I said this appears to be some sort of bug with kimera.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007-05-09 23:51:10 »
My two suggestions are:

1- Make sure the black is color index 0

2- Just scrap the model and redo it, and don't do the step that screwed it up

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007-05-10 22:43:54 »
Ok bad news everyone, I'm going to have to discontinue creation of this mod for some personal reasons, and will have to destroy the character models I've worked on so far. I realise many of you will be disappointed by this but I have no choice, I'm not going to go into great detail on the matter and for those who do know more I'd like you to keep it to yourselves. Luckily the weapon models arent mine wich means I have no problem returning them to andrewmarsh13. Now theres probably going to be a few obvious questions witch I will answer before you ask.
#1: Q: Will you be giving the character models to someone else to finish? A: No the models where done by me therefore they will always be connected to me no matter who decides to take this on, so I will be deleting all traces of them off my computer.
#2: Q:Will the models be mysteriously leaked off you comp somehow. A: No I'm completely serious in saying I'm deleting them when I say something I mean it so the models on my computer will never see the light of day.
#3: Q: Will you be doing other mods for FF7 PC. A:No I will not be
#4Q: WHY GOD WHY!! I always wanted better FF7 models. A: If you want them that bad you can make them yourself, all the knowledge for doing them is on the forum sure it's time consuming but it's HELLA easy. I mean I just came up with the idea one night in bed and just applied common sense to everything, I'm sure someone else will figure this out.
#5: Q: So what are you going to do now? A: You will find out soon enough.

I would like to thank everyone for there support whilst I was doing this though, with a big thanks to Weeemus and Andrewmarsh13, an dof course borde for his great program, and to everyone else who gave me nice comments on the work I was doing. But hey it was fun while it lasted.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007-05-10 22:55:20 »
I personally don't want to see this idea die all together, and I know there are some people working on similar things, Dje, murak, ice_cold, the NPC RP crew. I say we pull our resources together.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007-05-11 06:31:20 »
Indeed we could. But squeeble has good (not optimal) reasons for simply vanquishing his project, so it's up to him either to be generous or to leave everything as is

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007-05-11 07:50:59 »
I personally don't want to see this idea die all together, and I know there are some people working on similar things, Dje, murak, ice_cold, the NPC RP crew. I say we pull our resources together.

Wow. It seems I will have to come back here....Too bad I was having nice moments on my PSP playing Spectral Souls and Test Drive Unlimited....
My Idea was only to port Kingdom Hearts models of:

KH1/2:
-Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris? ,Tifa? , Youffie , Cid

I din't want to import some monsters (or if i could some of Dragon Quest lol!!)

But i don't have 8 months like squeeble to learn 3dsmax. The best i did was posted as a screenshot somewhere here (KH1 cloud 's head onto FFVII cloud's body) ....
So for quickslicing and all, I need some help, I know Squeeble dosen't want to help anybody, but neither murak could (or would?) help me (lack of time io suppose) .
I have my life, my work, so I don't wanna waste hours on internet to learn how to do this or that.

If anybody is interested, i have some 3D models ready to work on. Send me a MP.

But if nobody can help me working out this fuc..ing 3dsmax9 lol i don't think i'm going to  take it again ... Too much time consuming for nothing in my opinion.

:oops:

EDIT:
Don't know if it was clear enough:
I HAVE all data , models , monsters etc from Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2 . (because I own the games) . SO if you're interested (and off course more skilled at 3dmax9 than me, and have time to waste) contact me  :-)
« Last Edit: 2007-05-11 07:52:59 by Djé »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007-05-11 10:56:52 »
Well squeeble, it's sad to see your project came to an early end. It was looking really promissing. But everyone has his reasons.
Hope at least we still see you around here.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007-05-11 18:49:10 »
Indeed we could. But squeeble has good (not optimal) reasons for simply vanquishing his project, so it's up to him either to be generous or to leave everything as is

He has EXTREMELY good reasons for leaving the project, and not giving anyone anything If anything I'm probably still going to release the weapons, seeing how those are my work. But I'd really like to get a new team together and do something similar, squeeble said it was totally cool if I did, I'm in the same boat as Dje. I'm only so-so when it comes to 3D modeling (I use MilkShape thoguh, I actually wanted to purchase a 3D modeling program and it was cheap) and decent when it comes to textures, but character models are waaaay over my head. Field models even more so, because I have no experience with them.

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007-05-11 19:26:46 »
Another impressive mod cut down before it's prime . . . hope things work out whatever it is.

Still at least we still have the NPC/PC Project and after that we have the hope of someone else coming along. As for myself I'm gonna take a look at this 3D sassafrass and see what I can do . . . no promises though I have little free time and even less experience but hey my other project is on hiatus for a reason or two I need a new time killer . . .

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007-05-11 22:54:56 »
Quote from: Borde
Hope at least we still see you around here.
Of course :-D

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007-05-12 00:42:54 »
fair enough you have personal reasons and won't be working on the mod anymore but it's quite a waste to erase all the work you have done.
I just don't understand why you MUST delete it all. If it's because you worked so hard on it then someone who picks up the project can put original credit to you for the work you started, because i'm sure your name and the work you did will not be forgotten. But why trash the mod completely?

Example: there is a lot more work in your models than the character portraits i did but that said, I don't care what people do with them because it's for the community.
Your excellent models should become community property really... In the interest of the community.
Imagine if the guys doing the NPC Reconstruction decided to stop it tomorrow and delete everything... why the hell would they? are you insane?

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007-05-12 01:17:03 »
It has to do with why he's stopping work on the mod. Leave it at that. Begging him to release what he had done isn't going to make him do it.