Author Topic: Running Glitch Meta Bitching  (Read 21805 times)

Jari

Running Glitch Meta Bitching
« on: 2007-03-30 14:24:06 »
Jari : Hey Jari.... maybe you should go back to school as well.. they'll teach you that English isn't the only language that is teached in schools around the world...

Why, I'll go back to school as soon as you tell me what mystery language doesn't use punctuation, capitalization or grammar at all.

there is even places that doesn't talk english at all :-o isn't it surprising :-o.

He seems to write it, though. Or at least something somewhat resembling it. Isn't that surprising?

More than that, he seems to use a colloquialism, and has an email address belonging either to an American, or wannabe rapper. He is perfectly capable of delivering his content in actual English, just too fucking lazy to try it.

And maybe there is even some courtesy school that could teach you that in the case that you cross someone that doesn't speak or think like you ... that doesn't mean he/she doesn't deserve help. :-o Isn't it surprising as well  :-o

Being so lazy that you can't be bothered even to write English does mean that you don't deserve help. Just like being too lazy to Google does.

stormmedia: Tell me, does it take an effort to pick fights you can't win, or were you actually born this stupid?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007-03-30 16:27:54 »
stormmedia: Tell me, does it take an effort to pick fights you can't win, or were you actually born this stupid?

Hehe I knew it was comming... you was just too kind before that sentance ... anyway I'm not starting any fight or anything here... just trying to help someone who deserves to be helped like any other being on this planete... (or in this case in this forums)... even though you may be right that he can write english better.... he might just not have known that this forums needs better english... I mean... ever visited other forums ?? sometime it's a lot worst than that... ever chatted on msn ?? this is realy worst than that... He might just not know what here we try to write better.  Anyway ... I know I can't convince you so ... let's stop argue about this since it will lead nowhere... just to another endless fight with Jari... and I don't want that...

Just wanted to tell you ... when I write something about what you say to someone... or ... or about anything that you wrote... it's not to start a fight... but to tell you what I think about it ... I mean... when I read what you said here, I knew it wasn't appropriate because... even though that is true that he looks to know a lot of word in english.. that doesn't mean he is automaticaly a perfect english writer... look... this person, wherever he comes from... I think he have a really false opinion of the community now... he must think that we are all jurks that will start picking the newbies... I mean... it's his first post ... and the first answer he get is Jari starting to say to him that he should return to school .... can't you just have done like anyone else and tell him that you didn't understand and to make his sentance more clear?? Why do you have to always add something that could lead a person to never come back to the forums??  That's the question I'm asking you.

BTW Jari ... this is not some kind of fight... this is just a question that I'm asking myself since I noticed that every mod message you write have some kind of arrogent message in it... that's all...
« Last Edit: 2007-03-30 20:09:58 by stormmedia »

Synergy Blades

« Reply #2 on: 2007-03-30 21:04:29 »
You use 35 "..." in just the one post, and you need to ask?  :wink:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-03-30 22:08:09 »
Well..... that's just how I write sometimes... sorry if it bothers you... however ...(hehe those was made on purpose :-P) I think it's quite off topic isn't it, my question wasn't just for "english" matters or "writing". It's about anything Jari says in mod messages, they always have something arrogent in them.

Well anyway all this is off topic so let's just end it now right ??.

So unless someone have something to add to the problem of Cloud187, I suggest that we just stop posting here. Sorry about this off topic little "talk" with Jari.

BTW Synergy Blades  you're right about those "..." I tent to use them a little too often haha.  I might try to watch myself someday hehe.  Sorry again if it bothers you.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-30 22:21:49 by stormmedia »

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-03-30 22:57:47 »
he might just not have known that this forums needs better english... I mean... ever visited other forums ??

Then he probably needs to pay more attention. Especially considering that he posted this thread to that very same forum.

As for the rest of your message; please formulate it into human readable English and let me know when you have done that. Before you do that; talk to the hand buddy, talk to the hand.

And for Christ's sake, splitting this stupid meta into a thread of its own, and moving that to Unrelated.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: Running Glitch Meta b*tching
« Reply #5 on: 2007-03-30 23:44:33 »
This is just a childish bash-topic.

This is so PM material.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-03-30 23:56:20 »
This is just a childish bash-topic.

This is so PM material.

This so true and I'm so sorry about that... and I'm so glad this part was moved to unrealted 'cause it got nothing to do with the other thread... now I guess this is time to close this topic.... even delete it as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-30 23:58:17 by stormmedia »

Jari

« Reply #7 on: 2007-03-31 08:34:38 »
now I guess this is time to close this topic.... even delete it as far as I'm concerned.

Oh noes, you stand behind what you say here. This topic ain't going anywhere.

I'm still waiting for that translation of your earlier posts, by the way.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-03-31 11:37:50 »
now I guess this is time to close this topic.... even delete it as far as I'm concerned.

Oh noes, you stand behind what you say here. This topic ain't going anywhere.

I'm still waiting for that translation of your earlier posts, by the way.
Or you can leave your in0rn3t fight as it is and go out and enjoy the nice weather.

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2007-03-31 14:23:55 »
Perhaps you should do as you preach?

Or, are you looking for an opinion about your countless useless comments you post into threads like this? Which is it, buster?

See, here we take responsibility about what we say. Or will be made to take it, if for some reason we are incapable of doing it without prodding. And that responsibility just catched up with stormmedia. Like you, he certainly has lots of useless bitching inside him, now is the time to make a stand like a man, and explain himself. If he can.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-03-31 16:13:55 »
Perhaps you should do as you preach?

Or, are you looking for an opinion about your countless useless comments you post into threads like this? Which is it, buster?

See, here we take responsibility about what we say. Or will be made to take it, if for some reason we are incapable of doing it without prodding. And that responsibility just catched up with stormmedia. Like you, he certainly has lots of useless b*tching inside him, now is the time to make a stand like a man, and explain himself. If he can.
Aaaah, it's so nice outside, sitting in the sun with some friends smoking a joint, having a beer, It's what you should do.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-03-31 16:37:14 »
Look Jari I don't hate you or anything if it's what you think.  What I hate is when you begin to be arrogant that's all.  I didn't insult you here at all... I didn't tell you that you were stupid or anything. The only one who insulted someone is you again with your word "stupid" but I couldn't care less about what you think of me anyway.  What's bothering me about you is when you start being arrogant to someone who could care.  I mean, like a newbie who didn't do anything to you.  I'm not just talking about this guy who didn't write english right, I'm talking about all these little mod messages that you write with some kind of arrogant tone in it.  Why can't you just do like anybody else and just write what's wrong in what they did instead of bashing them most of the time with words that shouldn't be there.  

For exemple:
MOD EDIT: WHAT THE f***? Embedded 640KB picture? Are you out of your f***ing mind? Changed to link.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-26 21:11:48 by Jari »

Yep, 640 KB picture it's pretty big.  But I think there is some other way to tell him that his pic is too big so you had to change it into a link.  There is many more like this, even worst I guess(I didn't saw them all), it was just the first that came to mind.  You don't always have take those big words that you censure anyway with some "***".  When it's the first offence you don't have to be authoritative... just tell them what's wrong and they will understand.  If they don't... that's the time to be more authoritative.  But even after some time there is no reason to be arrogant... not in a forum anyway.

Now if I didn't want to continue this topic isn't because I don't want to take my responsibility about what I said.  It's because it's won't change anything anyway.  You will still continue bashing newbies, because you seem to like it very much, and nobody exept me seems to care, so I guess it's useless.  That's why I think it was better to let this conversation as it was and close it.

ChaosControl: Now that Jari has this post from me that he seemed to want very much, I think I shall do as you say and go outside for a while :-D.  Just a shame that's it's not that nice outside here  :-( haha.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-31 16:44:46 by stormmedia »

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2007-03-31 18:05:04 »
First of all, I do not censure anything. The board does, it has a swearword filter on.

Second of all, yes, you did insult me. You interfered in my moderation without a good reason. I'm not an unreasonable man; for example I did not close the thread, I did not delete your bitching, intead I gave you a chance to explain yourself - even made you do it, when you tried to chicken out.

I do not mind if someone has something worthwhile to say about my moderation, but I do mind mindless "Whaaaa, Jari spilled my milk"-whining.

My job here is not to make everyone feel happy. My job here is not to pat every idiot on the head, just because they managed to click a button which made their post magically appear on the Internets.

My job here is to make sure this forum stays clean and nice, and part of that is to make sure that certain minimum level of English is maintained as well. If you had actually paid attention, you'd know that this has been the board policy for the last seven years, not to mention the personal wish of the owner.

To achieve this goal, I employ also negative reinforcement. That means mocking idiots, ridiculing them, making them look like asses.

And I get results. I do not give rat's ass if hordes of idiots think that I'm the meanest person ever, or if HardOCP forums think that we are "bunch of English faggots" - that one actually made me laugh. I'm not here to win a popularity contest, nor do I want to be friends with people whose greatest achievement was to be pushed out of their mother's vagina.

Also, I'm not a kindergarten teacher to these people, and this is not classroom for behaving on Internets. If they fail to read rules, and they fail to lurk to see what is appropriate, then it's their very own fault. Period.

just tell them what's wrong and they will understand.

You have never moderated a forum, have you?

Like I said, we have the rules perfectly visible. They are perfectly free to lurk around to see what is acceptable. Ignoring those is two strikes already, acting like an idiot is the third one. After that, I deal with them.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-03-31 19:20:11 »
First of all, I do not censure anything. The board does, it has a swearword filter on.
Well that's a good thing... but why use them even though you'll know they will be censured.

Second of all, yes, you did insult me. You interfered in my moderation without a good reason.
Well, sorry if you took that as an insult it didn't meant to.

not an unreasonable man; for example I did not close the thread, I did not delete your b*tching, intead I gave you a chance to explain yourself - even made you do it, when you tried to chicken out.
First I didn't tried to chicken out.  I saw it was begining to become a fight and it's not what I wanted.  And I'm pretty sure you learned nothing else of what I think about your way to deal with people, well nothing you didn't already know anyway.  Beside it wasn't "b*tching" as you say, I don't think I were that impolite.  If you do find what I said impolite, well I'm sorry again.  I just wanted to say that I disagree with you're methode that's all.  Never wanted to insult you as I never wanted to insult anyone. As I always say, I believe that everyone deserves respect, even though sometime we don't like how they act...(or write :-D)

You have never moderated a forum, have you?
Nope, but I still think that there is no use to use words what will be cencured anyway... especialy if it's his first offense.

Anyways sorry again if you took this as an insult, or if you think that I meant to start a fight.  It wasn't at all what I wanted ...
« Last Edit: 2007-03-31 19:27:16 by stormmedia »

Jari

« Reply #14 on: 2007-03-31 19:48:03 »
Well that's a good thing... but why use them even though you'll know they will be censured.

Because I assume that anyone with half a brain is capable of performing the massive task of deciphering them.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-03-31 20:19:28 »
Well... the fact that they can understand them doesn't automaticaly means you have to write them.  I guess that if you censured such words it's because you did't want them on the forums right??  Then why use them Anyway??  This is more what I meant when I ask "why use them anyway".

Jari

« Reply #16 on: 2007-03-31 20:40:24 »
Why wouldn't I?

Like I said, I do believe in negative reinforcement too.

I've had enough friendly notices do absolutely nothing, so I don't even bother with them anymore if the person appears to have an IQ of a turnip. I'll simply spell out my point in a way that even the slower people get.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-04-01 12:10:48 »
Censored*

;;>_>

:D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-04-01 21:27:56 »
OK

Jari your right to mod topic's and to ask them so try and use the right grammer. But it the way you do it some time's you make them feel like nothing and your better then them.

P.S.

I know this cos you done this to me
Im the type of guy that got low self esteem

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-04-01 21:58:26 »
OK

Jari your right to mod topic's and to ask them so try and use the right grammer. But it the way you do it some time's you make them feel like nothing and your better then them.

P.S.

I know this cos you done this to me
Im the type of guy that got low self esteem
You're a friggin' fox man! You only got a low self esteem cus you think that way, think like a fox man! 8-)

Jari

« Reply #20 on: 2007-04-01 22:39:41 »
ice_cold513: All the more reason to improve your typing, then. Or in other words; sorry, no exceptions.

Only people I show some degree of leniency to are dyslexics, and even they don't have very good excuse for mistypings in this day and age of spell checking.

Had you for example bothered clicking that button that says 'Spell Check', even the forum software would have told you that you have one(!) typo in that post. In reality you have at least two, plus a really horrible grammar - yes; with an 'a'. Firefox 2 would have been perfectly able to tell you that. Even highlight the errors while you type. It's free, too.

But you didn't make any effort, instead you whined about your self esteem.

You know what? I'm not here to fix your self esteem (I'd heartily recommend getting some other hobbies, if it really depends on a forum, anyway), that's your problem, not mine. So, better stop making those excuses and spend even that time learning some English.

EDIT: People, people. You are not even trying. We have gone through all these excuses before:

• The other forums are not like this - well, bloody well they are not - that's because they suck ass. Besides, nobody is stopping you from moving to those other forums.
  • I'm special, rules don't apply to me (aka the Liek-ron corollary) - no, you are not so special that you are unable to use spell checker

Your arguments are nearly as bad as your spelling is. If you really want to change my mind, make an effort and come up with a good reason.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-01 22:45:36 by Jari »

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-04-01 22:59:21 »
Your arguments are nearly as bad as your spelling is. If you really want to change my mind, make an effort and come up with a good reason.

me no feel liek it

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-04-02 08:55:30 »
I think Jari really has something up his ass if he doesnt have anything better to do then whine on a forum which like 10 people a day view im not even gonna watch grammer or punctuatiuon anymore rawr harr rawr

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-04-02 09:13:43 »
And look like an even bigger prick at the expense of pissing Jari off?

Your choice hombre.

Your choice.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-04-02 10:01:16 »
Jari

Just so you know that i do try to spell right and I'm still Learning

I do use this site spell checker but as for grammar your out of luck.
A full stop the best i do or is it? Nope that the best i do.