Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream  (Read 10211 times)

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream
« on: 2007-09-14 16:55:05 »
Sorry if someone mentioned this already in the Game Tweaking section.
The video game music remixing site ocremix.org, which has been linked to a few times on this forum, has released a Final Fantasy 7 remix album, which is a collection of remixes from the tracks in the original Playstation game. I haven't tried the FF7Music program, but I'm sure the tracks would work with it. If not, these tracks are still incredibly interesting to listen to.

http://ff7.ocremix.org/

Of course, this news isn't anything compared to a PS3 remake...

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-14 17:13:27 »
Wow, if it really is a complete remix of every song in the game, I'm gonna try that shit.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-14 17:54:35 »
I'm not going to download the torrent, as I have metered bandwidth and they decided to include WAV versions of songs in that and inflated it up to 2.32GB. Also, why is this posted under completely unrelated?

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-14 18:04:15 »
I guess I probably shouldn't have. I just thought this was a bit more for general listening than for actually using with the FF7Music patch. I guess someone should move this thread if that is the case. The website also has a page for direct downloads by track so that you don't need to download every version of every song.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-14 18:55:58 »
I'm not going to download the torrent, as I have metered bandwidth and they decided to include WAV versions of songs in that and inflated it up to 2.32GB. Also, why is this posted under completely unrelated?

Azureus.

Not only the best torrent-client ever, it's also able to pick and choose the files you want to download.

At least the 2.5 version is very good, dunno about this newfangled Vuze-multimedia-crap. Not planning to try, either.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-14 23:20:17 »
Yeah just choose the mp3 files to download instead of wav.

What's everyone thinking of the remixes? I'm currently halfway through the second disc... enjoying a lot of the tracks! Can't say which is my fav yet though.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-15 04:52:52 »
I really like Omnislash the song. I dont feel like looking to check but I think it's a remix of Hurry Up

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-09-15 12:39:59 »

Azureus.

Not only the best torrent-client ever, it's also able to pick and choose the files you want to download.

At least the 2.5 version is very good, dunno about this newfangled Vuze-multimedia-crap. Not planning to try, either.
The Vuze shit sucks! I have it but I set it to old lay-out, starts a bit slower now tough, i shoukld go back to old one

Lag.Com

• Nyan-te na!
    • View Profile
    • Lag.Website
« Reply #8 on: 2007-09-15 13:50:48 »
I really don't like this album. Some of the songs are worth listening to; the others are self-indulgent crap that has very little to do with the source material. I recommend "Son of Chaos", "Golden Fields" and "Daydreaming Again" - basically anything that isn't psuedo-electric-hip-hop-trance bullshit. For some reason only the quiet songs are decent in this project.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-09-15 15:38:18 »
I really don't like this album. Some of the songs are worth listening to; the others are self-indulgent crap that has very little to do with the source material. I recommend "Son of Chaos", "Golden Fields" and "Daydreaming Again" - basically anything that isn't psuedo-electric-hip-hop-trance bullsh*t. For some reason only the quiet songs are decent in this project.

... That's why they're called "Remixes" and not "covers".  In fact, the rule around OCR is "the less it sounds like the source material, the better (as long as the original is recognizable, of course)".  I mean, if you don't like dance music, then that's your prerogative =)  Though since they all make better music than you probably can, i really don't think you have the right to declare that the music is "bullshit".  I mean, what would you rather it all be, bluegreass?

Lag.Com

• Nyan-te na!
    • View Profile
    • Lag.Website
« Reply #10 on: 2007-09-15 16:04:54 »
I do make my own music, as it happens, though it is modest. However, this has no bearing on whether I can criticise another person's music. Also, if music is of a genre I do not like, I do not call it crap. Being a follower of OCRemixes for a long time, I feel that while their releases have gradually increased in quality, their projects are very hit and miss. I thoroughly enjoy the Super Metroid project (which is vaguely true to the source material) and the Doom project (widely panned as being nothing like Doom), I find myself unable to enjoy this one.

Remix it and make it different, yes. That's what a remix is. However... if you change the instrumentation, the time signature, the tune, the rhythm and the emotion... it isn't a remix. It's just another song.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-09-15 21:33:03 »
Is the point not just to make it another song thats based on the original?

Theres a song that hasn't been part of a project called "AerisSummerSamba", which is a remix of Aeris(th)'s theme. I think its fantastic, but I don't like listening to it. It's very well done though.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-09-16 01:46:08 »
I've just downloaded it.  WAVs(guess I'm gonna buy another hdd.......).  I'm listening them right now, but I doubt my taste of music  changed since..

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-09-22 21:51:58 »
Hated it, but thats just my opinion.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-10-02 21:38:49 »
I enjoyed my first listen. Thanks for the link. This should be good to run to.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-10-02 23:25:58 »
Thanks for this. Enjoyed listening to some of the remixes. Most of them are very mediocre or even badly done, but some are very good.

As mentioned before especially Son of Chaos is very good. Jenova Returns and Omnislash are well performed and composed as well.

Oh, and hi all. It's been some time, 3 weeks short of a year to be precise.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-02 23:31:45 by Emerald Weapon »

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-10-03 18:54:39 »
omg, this is amazing.

I personally like Lunatic Moon from Sixto Sounds and zicron the best. Amazing song.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-10-03 19:06:11 »
Thanks for this. Enjoyed listening to some of the remixes. Most of them are very mediocre or even badly done, but some are very good.

As mentioned before especially Son of Chaos is very good. Jenova Returns and Omnislash are well performed and composed as well.

Oh, and hi all. It's been some time, 3 weeks short of a year to be precise.
welcome back man