Author Topic: Ultimate Equipment in Final Fantasy X  (Read 16671 times)

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
Ultimate Equipment in Final Fantasy X
« on: 2007-12-26 23:30:37 »
After a long time of playing(180 hours) Final Fantasy X I finally figured out what the ultimate armor is:

I always thought I could only beat the black Aeons, Deus and Penance if I got strong enough to survive their attacks.
Now I finally created the ultimate armor:
1)Ribbon
2)Auto-Haste
3)Auto-Phoenix(makes HP expand needless)
4)And I always thought HP expand is the ultimate fourth ability but HA! its not!
The way of  winning against the super bosses is nothing special its just a simple fourth ability: Curse Wall.
With Curse Wall, all your limit breaks can be used all the time and that beats all the bad guys up so easily.
I always got in trouble when Penance put the Curse effect on me and I always thought theres no protection from it.

Now I wanted to ask you guys

What do you think are the ultimate armors?

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
Re: Ultimate Equipment in Final Fantasy X
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-27 19:32:05 »
Having only the US version within my grasp, I have a limit of available things... No cool dark aeons, and no Ribbon, either... But my standard good armor consists of:

Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Regen
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste

Has worked really well so far, although I haven't actually played for ages... Need to finish off the monster arena someday.

And to keep me from yelling in frustration at the monsters that status-ail the hell out of you, here's my alternate:

Auto-Med
Darkproof
Confuseproof
Poisonproof

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-28 10:15:25 »
Not bad and since the dark aeons and Penance do not exist in your game you dont really need Curse Wall.(Or can Deus inflict Curse? I cant remember)
Hope you got Rapid Strike and Juggling on all chars too.
With Auto-Haste, Rapid Strikes and juggling your enemies wont come to attack anymore.

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-29 02:51:31 »
I can only assume the first would be the "Quick Hit" ability, as for the latter... I'm not sure what that one is. I do for sure have quick hit. Handy thing it is, too.

As for no dark aeons and Penance, I think it sucks. Could use a challenge seeing as last time I was actively playing, there was only two more arena creatures that needed an arse-kicking.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-12-29 13:49:08 »
Sry if my english is not perfect its cause I am from austria and have the german version of the game so Im translating everything^^

Well juggling....hm....in Austria its named "jonglieren" and juggling means jonglieren so I thought its named the same(its the skill that is protected by 6 lv4 stops on the standard sphere board and that cuts item usage time by half)

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #5 on: 2007-12-29 20:11:57 »
No, it's not your English, that's pretty darn good. Something's just being lost in translation, here, that's all.

By 6 Lv. 4s you say? I'm... not certain we have that one, either. =S

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-12-30 14:38:18 »
Oh well...Don't you have a skill on your sphere board that cuts the time of using items?

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #7 on: 2007-12-31 19:44:08 »
No, I don't believe so... That sure would be handy.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-12-31 19:44:54 »
Well we do :lol:
With that and Quick Hit the enemies dont get to act anymore^^ or at least very very rare

ShadowFire

« Reply #9 on: 2008-01-20 11:53:10 »
Break HP Limit
Ribbon
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix

Those are what I have on most of my characters for armour. I only need to put Ribbon on Tidus and Wakka's armour, and max out everyone's sphere grid (Yuna is my ultimate character... all except HP - which I'm working on - has been maxed out), then I'll be done.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-01-20 19:49:50 »
defence +20%
ribbon
auto-haste
auto-phoenix

when you get def+20% with 255 of defence even break hp limit becomes useless.
even penance can barely whip out more than 9999 in this situation.

besides, what's the point in using break hp limit when the enemy can whack you for 99999 ? :] also keeping your hp at <=9999 improves the effect of "comrade" [was it called like that?] overdrive.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-21 06:24:59 by yoshi314 »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-01-25 11:03:41 »
well not bad but the point in using hp break is that penance and the dark aeons do not do 99,999 dmg if you maxed out your def and mdef. With my anima at 45k hp and the aeon defense move, I can even survive Dark Yojinbos Zanmatou for example. Now I want to survive the other dark aeon attacks just for fun. Well its kinda annoying to beat Iron Giant over and over again for that damn HP+-spheres but it just looks cool if you got high hp. Btw does anyone of you know a good strategy to beat the giant pudding at the farm in no time? or to gather ribbon armors? For the first I always use either animas pain or hades magic with ultima but that takes too long. Zanmatou is too expensive either. And for the 2nd I tried beating dark yojinbo over and over again but he never drops an armor with ribbon in it. And if theres FINALLY some ribbon armor its got that stupid curse proof in it or just has 3 spaces. I know that I said that the ultimate armor has curse proof in it but now I want to try the regular super armor again: Auto-haste/phoenix, hp break, ribbon.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-01-25 11:33:46 »
For me the best way of getting 'Ribbon' is by collecting 'Dark Materia'... slow, anyway.

And my best armor choice's are those too:

Auto-haste.
Auto-phoenix.
HP Break.
Ribbon.

I would say my best choice for weapons but I've played the Spanish
version and I don't have a clue on how the names are in English...

Well, let's try:

Damage expansion.
Turbo x3 (?).
Magic+. (I think...)
Initiative/First attack. (or whatever you call it o///o)

If I remember right, those are what I've used...

Well, a question: Who has maxed out the Aeon's statuses?
(My save file is about 900 hours and still don't have them maxed... u.uU)

Oh yes, I have to say: Now I hate this game ¬¬U
Maybe I would play it when a remake of it in PlayStation 10 :lol:
« Last Edit: 2008-01-25 11:37:12 by Henkäys Ikuisuudesta »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-01-25 13:55:53 »
The best Weapons are of course the solaris weapons. I dont know if they are called that way in the english version since I got the german but theyre best. You know the Ultima sword for tidus, nirvana for yuna, masamune for auron and so on.

The best AP collecting are the priority 5 weapons with triple ap, triple overdrive and overdrive converter.
Then fight don tombery with the ap collector tactics and youll get about 3 million ap(which results in sphere lvl 99)

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-01-25 20:07:25 »
I can even survive Dark Yojinbos Zanmatou for example
i find it hard to believe. zanmato does no damage and an instant kill. plus you don't get revived by auto-live so you can only hope for aeon block. and when it comes to that you do not need to have your aeons beefed up.

The best Weapons are of course the solaris weapons.
true, but you only need them for dark aeons. and it's usually most important that wakka and tidus get theirs, as they dish out the most damage in battle [longest combos]

btw. celestials do full damage against all mimics, they seem to have ignore defense property. while customised weapons with the same slots do only 2000 damage max.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-01-26 10:57:14 »
i find it hard to believe. zanmato does no damage and an instant kill. plus you don't get revived by auto-live so you can only hope for aeon block. and when it comes to that you do not need to have your aeons beefed up.

sry but did you ever fight dark yojinbo? ONLY REGULAR YOJINBOS Zanmatou does an instant kill. DARK YOJINBOS however inflicts 99,999 dmg and erases auto life. With my anima with 45k hp, protect and aeon defense I can barely survive it. If my anima had over 50k Id survive it for sure.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-01-26 15:18:57 »
i did but i was lucky enough not to get whacked with zanmato :]

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-01-26 17:08:53 »
Guess you beat dark magus sisters too. Do you know if their Triangle Blast erases auto-life too? I think so but I cant say for sure. If so, then it would be the strongest enemy attack ever.

« Last Edit: 2008-01-29 15:15:23 by The Black-caped Man »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-03-20 22:33:01 »
Yes, it does, and the damage can't be reduced either. (Unlike Dark Yojimbo's Zanmato, which can indeed be reduced as The Black-caped Man claims)

Dark Yojimbo and Dark Magus Sister's overdrives have a complete Dispel, including Auto-Life. Additionally, Dark Anima's and Dark Bahamut's dispel every positive status except Auto-Life. (As far as I'm aware the others don't dispel anything, although Dark Ixion's inflicts Full Break)

As for ultimate armour... there are really two armours that I used... one for Penance, and one for everything else...

Penance: Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Potion, Defence+20% (Yes, the last ability works even if you already have 255 defence. Combined with 4-5 Cheers, it makes it possible to survive Immolation without Break HP Limit)
All others: Auto-Haste, Auto-Phoenix, Stoneproof, Sleepproof

Also keep in mind that except for Penance, my stats were far from maxed. The only ones that were even raised significantly were MP (500+), Strength(200+), Agility(170+) and Luck(60+).
For Penance, Luck to 85+, Defence to 255, HP to 9999 as well as MP, Strength and Agility as mentioned.
It is indeed possible to beat all bosses other than Penance (and possibly Penance himself too, not sure on that one) with these stats.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-04-13 11:09:18 »
The best Weapons are of course the solaris weapons. I dont know if they are called that way in the english version since I got the german but theyre best. You know the Ultima sword for tidus, nirvana for yuna, masamune for auron and so on.

Sorry, just to bring it up, but in my European version of the game, they are called the Celestial Weapons, and Yuna's is Nirvana, Auron's is Masamune, but Tidus' is called the Caladbog, or something along those lines.  I think I would have preffered Ultima Sword myself :-P
But on that note, it does give something unique to him, although I think Brotherhood should have been the sword for him, get it altered in Macalania to be his Celestial Weapon, but that's just a personal dream because I think that sword looks so god damm cool :-P

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-04-14 19:10:08 »
Close enough, it's Caladbolg.
That would've been pretty interesting. But there again, being able to ignore defence right from the start would give too much power against certain bosses (one of the worst offenders being Defender X)...

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-04-14 19:21:22 »
No, I didn't mean have brotherhood right from the start, I meant maybe switch the Caldbolg and Brotherhood around, y'know, making Brotherhood Tidus' Celestial Weapon instead :-)

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-04-15 05:38:30 »
Ah, I see.
Don't see how that'd change much...
*doesn't pay much attention to appearances, only gameplay* (That being said, Rikku = HAWT)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #23 on: 2008-04-15 06:42:20 »
I'd say that the Brotherhood sword wouldn't actually "fit better" if it wasn't on every cover / poster / etc. :P

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-04-15 15:09:07 »
Yeah, as I said though, it's just a personal preferance, I know it's not to everyones tastes.