Author Topic: HELP PLEASE (ff7 patches download problems)  (Read 2360 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
HELP PLEASE (ff7 patches download problems)
« on: 2008-03-30 22:21:33 »
hi im writing/typing/whatever to ask if someone could help me out, im downloading the files for the ff7 mods (neat compiliation of patches...) and for some reason whenever i download them via torrent it says that some files are missing from jobs. now when i looked at it the only files that looked different (i looked at the progress bar) was the hand patch which showed a green progress bar. honestly i don't want that particular program since i plan to use the reconstruction project but i needed to know if that could mean that i'll have problems that i haven't noticed because all other files seem perfectly fine to me

thank you for helping  :-D

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE (ff7 patches download problems)
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-30 22:37:50 »
tbh I'm not sure about downloading them via torrents, but maybe you'd just be better off getting them from sites as direct downloads?
There's a link on here somewhere were you can get the reconstruction patch, high res patch etc...all have read me's and if not, it's not too hard to find instructions using google.  Honestly, I think you'd be better, and posiblly quicker, doing that, instead of using torrents :)

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-31 00:35:22 »
well i looked at the patches on these forums and they were composed of the exact same things so im not too worried about that, but what DOES worry me is that even though i have a program that opens unrecongnized files it still will not let me open them such as YAMP patches folder contents (the text documents open fine but the actual files don't) however by what i understand from the "read me" i'm not supposed to open it anyway, just copy them into the main game. another thing that worries me is that even though i've told people this and did EXACTLY what they said i still can't open the files specified but again i'm pretty sure i don't have to open them, also the official 1.02v patch says that i have to replace the ff7.exe and ff7config.exe with those patched but does that mean i have to go into the main game folder like the others do or do i just click on the programs i see in the folder?
« Last Edit: 2008-03-31 01:34:28 by Xelane »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-31 03:48:32 »
You don't open the YAMP files, you insert the files you want into the appropriate folder (I forget which one)  and you run the program (which is conveniently among the files).   You'll see the cmd.exe window pop up and show you what it's installing.

I'm pretty sure it's all in the readme as you said.