Author Topic: Cloudless Party Mod - does it exist?  (Read 16277 times)

auxili160

• View Profile
Cloudless Party Mod - does it exist?
« on: 2008-06-08 03:28:59 »
I'll keep this short.
I'm wondering if there is a way to remove Cloud from your party and substitute him for someone else. I've searched around and couldn't find anything.

Thanks guys. Love the current mods that are out!

Sefurosu

• View Profile
Re: Cloudless Party Mod - does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-08 05:00:07 »
Are you serious? You looked around? Are you sure?

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-08 05:32:05 »
I'm pretty sure I know what all the FFVII patches and program are. I know there is a savegame editor, which may let me make Cloud leave the party, but I've heard that there may be problems that occur from doing this. I'm just wondering if there is a stable way to simply let you make Cloud join/leave your party at will that doesn't require you to open the save game editor whenever you change your party setup.

Also, if you know the answer, you could've simply told me. I understand wanting to prevent repeated topics, but playing hard-to-get-help with someone who has told you that they've already searched around is a little unnecessary. Instead of asking me to prove to you that I've looked around, you could've simply ended this topic in one post, thus letting this topic fade away.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-08 08:03:01 »
I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered searching for you :-P
However, I can tell you there is a few, ones that replace Cloud with Reno, or the most common one I think, being the one that swaps Cloud and Sephy (litteraly, the story goes to Sephiroth chasing Cloud, the bad guy).

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-08 09:49:30 »
Nobody needs to search for me. The second poster implied that he alreadyknows the apparently obvious answer.

Anyways, I know Cloud-swaps exist. However, I don't want to swap Cloud's character model, I want to be able to swap him out of my party via PHS so I can, say, have a party consisting of Cid, Yuffie, and Vincent (or whomever).
I wasn't, and still am not able to find anything that will let me do this.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-08 10:35:59 »
Ah right, thought you just meant a general swap.  You could always try making it yourself then, swapping the chars of Cloud with someone you want, eg. Vincent, that way Vincent would always be in your party, but Cloud could be swapped in whenever needed/wanted.  Although, thinking on it, I'm not sure he level of skill that would be required to create such a mod (swapping two characters completely, as apposed to just skins).

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-08 16:33:30 »
I don't believe this mod exists. I've thought the same, that it would be nice if there was no "fixed" character that has to remain in your party at all times. But I don't think there's a way to rid the game of that feature yet.

There has to be one character that's always in your party. You can switch the skin and edit the dialogue to please yourself, but you can't make all of the characters equally removable via PHS.

I know I get tired of looking at the same mug all the time. I'd like to be able to completely switch up my party from time to time, but we're S.O.L. for now.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-08 21:38:31 »
Yeah.

Plus, Cloud's battle model has kangaroo legs, and it looks funky. :P

I figured this kind of a mod would have been done, seeing as many people here have played the game 10+ times and would seemingly want to mix their party up a bit.
I'm not good at writing mods and whatnot, so I'm asking kindly if anyone who has the slightest bit of experience could maybe discover how this would be done? I'd greatly appreciate it, and I imagine others would as well.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-09 13:39:44 »
For me this is blasphemy...  :-D

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-06-09 15:30:45 »
Hehe. I'll admit, Cloud is a cool guy (even though they make him look to soft in AC, along with looking stupid with a sad over-gelled attempt to have his in-game hairstyle).
Just thought some people would've wanted more party variety after 10 playthroughs. :P

Ken Murikumo

« Reply #10 on: 2008-06-10 05:37:13 »
I know what you mean when you say you cant find any... They have a sephiroth mod but its not as cool as i wanted it to be... but i have dicking with everything and made a cool cloud replacement mod  (FOR BOTH FIELD AND BATTLE). with a few new animations... PM me if your interested... and i figure out how to upload... Been here a week already
« Last Edit: 2008-06-10 05:39:36 by Ken Murikumo »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-06-22 12:45:02 »
Sorry if I'm a bit late in posting this, but there is a way to do what you're asking.

There is a save editor called FF7SaveEdit thats in German. I don't know who the author is because I downloaded it a long time ago. I may or may not have gotten it from these forums but I can't remember. I did a search with the name of the program to find a post about it but couldn't find anything. You can change it to English after you open it.

Move the save file (SaveXX.ff7) that contains the save you wish to edit to the same directory as the FF7SaveEdit program.

Basically, open it, load your save by double clicking on the one you want to mess around with and that'll open an easy-to-use editing menu and summary of the save you've just opened (Gil, Playtime, etc.)

Click on "Sprache" then "Englisch" at the top to change to English.

Then click on "Characters". In the "Miscellaneous" Section on the upper right, you'll see the name of the Character, which you can change if you want.  Directly underneath are two checkboxes.

One is "In the PHS Visible" (You can revive Aerith this way)
Directly below this is "Changeable". The only one that isn't ticked is Cloud's. Tick it to be able to switch him in and out like every other party member.

The only thing I've noticed when I do this is that some other party members don't show up in some situations. Again, sorry for the lack of info (haven't played the game in about a year), but I remember certain areas where you could control each and every character as their own model. Cid and Tifa already have paths so they show up about 95% of the time. If you had a party of say, Vincent, Yuffie and Nanaki, there's no way to tell which model will show up if any at all. If your previous party contained Tifa then Tifa would appear on the world map, or Cid if Cid or Cloud if Cloud, but in some towns etc, the ACTUAL characters show up because they have appeared there at some point in game. I'm pretty sure you can control Nanaki in Kalm from what I remember(among other places).

Sometimes no models show up at all, in which case you control an invisible model. I just guide it back out of wherever it was and change my party.

Sorry for the long post on a topic thats a little old, or if you already found your answer, I was searching the forums for ways to avoid the invisible character problem. Does anyone think it would be possible to program paths for all characters on all levels rather than just Cloud, Tifa and Cid?

If you can't find the program I mentioned PM me and I'll send it to you. You can do all sorts of neat things with it like bring back the tiny bronco and buggy (though there's no point other than just to have them ^_^).

« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 12:51:06 by Prince Lex »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-06-22 18:25:12 »
Thanks for the reply. I'll try this later on.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-06-22 18:49:16 »
I think I'll be giving it a try as well, it sounds pretty damn awesome!

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-06-22 18:56:02 »
Yeah its pretty cool. After writing that I had to try it again while I was checking Ficedula's FF7Voice test thing. I think I'll do a run-through of the game to see which areas are buggy with which characters etc.

I mean if a patch can be created so that Aerith is placed in levels she wasn't supposed to be after her death, why can't someone do it for all the other characters? (That makes it sound easy, I know, don't hate me, I am nothing but a pawn!)

Does anyone need me to upload the prog or are we all apt googlers? Because I have no problem sending it to e-mail addresses if anyone wants to PM me, or uploading it somewhere and posting a link.

EDIT: Some Screens of the prog....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/Untitled-1.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/Untitled-2.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/Untitled-3.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/Untitled-4.jpg
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 19:27:16 by Prince Lex »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-06-22 19:46:28 »
Does it work well with the 9999limitbreak patch? I'm wondering if the program can support mp values of over 999 and hp values of over 9999. I mean, if you open the program, will it show your proper health (for example, 12342 hp) or will it reduce it to 9999?
Because, if you save the file, it may set your character's health to 9999 ingame.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-06-22 20:09:58 »
It works fine with the 9999 limit breaker patch, I just tested it. The actual save editor itself shows HP and MP at their maxed levels instead of above 9,999, 999 etc, but you can make changes then save, and loading the new file ingame returns them to their normal stats (above the limits).

So all is well!!!

Here are some random screens I just took. Again I reiterate that characters won't appear where their models have never been or were never supposed to be. I.E. Everyone but Vincent is controllable at the entrance to Cosmo Canyon because they all sat round the cosmo flame on disc one. The only reason Cid can also be controlled here is that he was the main guy for a while. Same goes for Tifa.

WHICH MEANS!

If you put Cloud in the main party, you'll always see him first and foremost.
If you put Tifa in the main party (Less Cloud), you'll always see her.
If you put Cid in the main party (Less Cloud), you'll always see him.

For the rest of the characters (including Cid and Tifa TOGETHER), it is the LAST member that you switch INTO the main party using PHS that will be controllable.

I.E. I switch in X, then Y, then Z, you get Z on screen.

Only Cloud, Cid or Tifa can appear on the world map. If you have none of them, the last character you used on the world map (of the three that can) will appear.

Some screens:-

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/PartyAerith.jpg - Aerith Being the last member switched in.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/partyaerith2.jpg - Result!
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/partybarretcosmo.jpg - Barret
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/partyredcosmo.jpg - Red XIII Cosmo
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/partyvincentnibel.jpg - Vincent
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/partyyuffiecosmo.jpg - Yuffie

I did Cait Sith too but have no idea where I put it!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-06-22 20:20:20 »
Hmmm, me thinkd it would be pretty damn awesome to control Vincent for the most part of the game.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-06-22 20:23:40 »
That's pretty shweet.
Cid's part of my dream team, so it's cool that he'll be on the world map.

Vincent was going to be a part of my dream team, but his battle model looks ridiculously stiff and out of place, and his animations are lame.
It'd be awesome to control Nanaki lol. I get to run around like a dog/cat.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-06-22 20:28:50 »
Aaaah i see your using that editor i gave out with the Aeris patch. Dunno who made it where i got it from though.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-06-22 20:29:51 »
Could we use JENOVA instead?

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-06-22 20:30:27 »
I just remembered, way back when, when I used the Ultima Edition *hides* (I bought the real game) that save editor was included in the goodies folder.  Can't recall who it was credited to though.
EDIT: No, Jenova only adds party members in and out, but not via the PHS, which is I bieleve what you wanted.  You have to exit to use Jenova every time you want to swap.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 20:31:59 by *:.Griever.:* »

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-06-22 20:32:12 »
Could we use JENOVA instead?

This is one of the things that Jenova just doesn't have. Its pretty much the only thing that Jenova doesn't have.

Aaaah i see your using that editor i gave out with the Aeris patch. Dunno who made it where i got it from though.

See I don't know where I got it from either, but I didn't get it from that patch because I've never downloaded it! (Though I will shortly).

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-06-22 20:35:31 »
Could you upload the proggy then? :)

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-06-22 20:37:54 »
Yeah, I think I could do with using it again myself. :-)