Author Topic: FF7 Disc Problem  (Read 3882 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
FF7 Disc Problem
« on: 2008-07-17 06:25:55 »
Before I divulge into detail, if this is not a topic legal to discuss, sorry for posting it, and if its in the wrong forum, sorry again.

I have recently decided to back up my game discs (copy them), because they are getting old and very scratched. I am using Easy CD Creator 4, and trying to copy them for my dvd drive to the cd drive. The first 2 discs turned out fine, but when I try the 3rd disc, the somputer tells me that it has encountered an unreadable error, but finishes at 100%. So the disc ejects, and I try to play it to see if it will work, and it works fine, but I eject it and try again, and it wont work anytime after that.

I have tried like 5 different blank discs, and cleaned the original numerous times. It still encounters an error every time, and none of the discs work. If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Sorry again if this topic cannot be posted, or if it is in the wrong forum.
Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I have just read the rule thread, and I have the game legally, but backed up the discs because it was scratched and getting to be unplayable.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-17 06:27:46 by guitar_dudester91 »

Destiny

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Disc Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-17 14:00:53 »
Simple, your game is burned out. It's old and you cant use it

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-17 19:07:51 »
But the original disc (or at least the one I play it on) works fine, and has worked fine without any problems. I just wanted to back it up, even though theres nothing wrong with it.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-19 13:54:57 »
must be illegal to do this.....

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-19 14:34:43 »
must be illegal to do this.....

Well if I understand you correctly you own the game you just want to back it up.  In this case it's not illegal though I believe the copy protection of the disc won't allow this.  If I remember correctly FF7 is one of the first game with a copy protection.  Of what I remember there is a file somewhere that takes less space that it actally shows so when you try to copy it on a new disc it says that it exceed the capacity of the disc.  Furthermore if I remember correctly they even a bad sector on the disc by purpose to make it harder to copy.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-20 01:04:28 »
Oh.... Well this is the second time I've done it, but just on a different computer, and the first two discs burned fine, just the 3rd giving me trouble....