Author Topic: Advent Avatars - self-made  (Read 9995 times)

Cloudster

• Talk... or I'll chop it off!
    • View Profile
Advent Avatars - self-made
« on: 2008-08-15 15:09:52 »
Couldn't get the AdventAvatars patch to work on my PC, so I made my own! (Yes, the portraits are actually 256 colors! Much less dithering artifacts than the original AdventAvatars!

http://cl0ud.net/FF7_AC_Portraits_Finished.zip

The zip file contains the portraits (256 color/8bit BMPs) in both normal and small versions. There is also the menu_us.lgp from the North American version of FF7 PC. Just drop it in the data\menu folder in your FF7 install dir. (Back up your original menu_us.lgp first!) Saves fiddling with cranky patch files.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2z8yfs4.png for fullsize
First two images correspond 640x480/320x240 with hardware rendering, last two correspond to 640x480/320x240 with software rendering.
Tested on 640x480/320x240 with hardware/software rendering. Also tested on my server with an old GPU that actually passes the 8bit paletted textures test. No problems whatsoever.

P.S. I tried to find scenes in which the characters were as close to their poses in the "original" concept art portraits as possible, so I hope that this will appease the "I want the original Cloud/Tifa" people...
« Last Edit: 2008-08-15 15:27:42 by Cloudster »

nguyenhuy_prince

• View Profile
Re: Advent Avatars - self-made
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-16 00:24:36 »
Oh, that good, but Can I use this with Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project ? 

Cloudster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-16 00:44:39 »
It should work if the project doesn't modify menu_us.lgp. Otherwise, you could always replace the files in menu_us.lgp yourself using any LGP utility.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-17 22:26:16 »
I rather like these.  Think I might give them a bash. Thanks. :-)

divertiti

« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-06 20:46:00 »
These avatars look fantastic, I'd like to use them, but the download link up posted is dead. Do you have another link to this file?
Thanks in advance

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-07 14:50:23 »
can u plz make a new link it said page not found

orlan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-08 17:09:23 »
can u plz make a new link it said page not found

any avatar patch for Sephiroth and Zack?

Cloudster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-20 04:38:54 »
These avatars look fantastic, I'd like to use them, but the download link up posted is dead. Do you have another link to this file?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, my computer blew up and I was away for almost a month because of that. I'm catching up with unread posts and might miss a thing or two. As an interim solution till I can get a proper server, files will be hosted at ftp://ftp.forgottencloud.net/cldstr_advavatars.zip

P.S I do not have the original version of the images anymore because the mobo decided to take my 400GB HD used for data with it, along with the PSU. In the zip is the menu_us.lgp file which you put in your data\menu folder.

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks Gingercat.
EDIT of EDIT: Stupid SMF keeps tacking on http:// to the link. Grr! Just copy and paste the link in your browser's address bar. Sorry for the inconvenience, folks.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-20 17:38:04 by Cloudster »

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-20 08:27:02 »
That link doesn't work, because it's got a "http://" stuck onto the front of it.

That will need to be taken off. In the meantime, if you copy the text and paste it into a browser (instead of clicking the link), that should work.

OrdosAlpha

« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-20 02:31:28 »
The FTP download link no longer works. So, I'm wondering, does anyone still have this mod? And, would be willing to either send it directly to me, or upload it somewhere?

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-12 02:42:16 »
"P.S I do not have the original version of the images anymore because the mobo decided to take my 400GB HD used for data with it, along with the PSU. In the zip is the menu_us.lgp file which you put in your data\menu folder."

Aw man I just registered to let you know if you still have this cuz the link doesn't work and then I read this message. Damn.

Too bad this was the best avatar mod that I've seen so far. The other AC Avatar that I downloaded (I think it was the original one) wasn't as smooth looking as this one. If only I know how to make one but I don't...

If someone has this downloaded before he lost the files please upload it. I really want it.

Thanks.

Ryu88Master

« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-29 21:29:57 »
wow this is one of the bese ac avatar i've seen can someone plz be kind enough to sent me one or tell me where to get one thanks heaps!! :lol: :lol:
this is my e-mail [email protected]  :-)

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-31 23:50:13 »
Can anybody put this up on megaupload or something?  I really want this but all the dl links are down.