Author Topic: Sephiroth patch KERNEL.BIN  (Read 15662 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Sephiroth patch KERNEL.BIN
« Reply #25 on: 2009-02-22 14:39:30 »
You could try. I'm too busy to do any moding right now. I'm itching to find out though.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-02-22 17:22:03 »
I've just tried it with 00 00 01 00 and it seems to work OK; the exp and items screens came up and the game didn't crash afterwards, so it looks like it's the 01 in the third bytes that needs to be kept.

I've also found that the "trackin" files are labelled wrongly in Loveless; "trackin" is used in the Nibelheim flashback, "trackin2" is used later on when Zack is there.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-03-08 01:43:23 »
I just spotted this thread, skimmed through it and thought "i wonder what would happen if i changed the background the dragon battle is on". So i tried it, and it crashed the game, which i thought was werid. so i looked into it. It seems like that background is somehow connected to the field script i don't know much about field editing yet but changing the background crashes the game just like changing the thrid byte in BTMD2. I haven't tried changing the monster (Dragon)  in the battle but i might later on.

The Great Sephiroth

• I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-03-09 13:23:24 »
Let's start it from the beginning. Let's say I have original (unmodified and unchanged) FF VII. What I have to do if I want Cloud (main character) to have Sephiroth's stat growth? What should I change or modify to have Cloud (main character) with Sephiroth's stat growth? Does anybody knows that? Please help!