Author Topic: Trainers and Saint's patch  (Read 10802 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Trainers and Saint's patch
« on: 2008-10-23 04:18:16 »
I have noticed that Trainers do not work once I have used saint's patch on ff7.exe

It must change some values?

Any ideas how to get random battles disabled (that is all i need) once you have used saint's high res patch? 

Either that or no saint ;)

Landarma

• View Profile
Re: Trainers and Saint's patch
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-23 12:03:11 »
1.02 changed almost all of addresses, thus makes codes and trainers posted on several sites before useless(because they were for 1.0).  However, you can use any memory table editor/trainer, like ArtMoney or TSearch, to find and recaculate memory addresses.(The easiest to find is money and Exp, since they can be changed often)  For High-rez patch, I haven't used it really, but there's a chance to change address as well.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-23 12:59:17 »
If you upload your EXE somewhere i can make a cheat engine table with just random battles so you can make them stop or make them happen more often

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-23 14:52:33 »
Thank you very much.  The exe is here:

ftp://606:[email protected]/ff7.zip

If you can't get through simply

ftp://dlpb.kicks-ass.net  and username: 606 pass: seifer

Thankyou very much again :)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-23 15:41:30 »
No problem. ok then i have made a cheat engine table which will make it so you can chose how many random encounters you get (0= no battles and 255=loads of battles and default=16)
I am guessing you know how to use cheat engine but if you dont i can explain it since its really easy just ask if you want me to.
Just load this file into cheat engine when running FF7
http://www.geocities.com/dddkram/ff7_random_battles_cheatengine_table.zip

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-23 16:14:44 »
i see a ct file :)  and no i don't know how to use it  :-D  but thanks a lot for going to all the hassle :)  appreciated

I know that I open this ct in notepad and change values?

But there must be another program that actually places this data into the exe or memory?
« Last Edit: 2008-10-23 16:16:21 by Seifer Almasy »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-23 18:14:44 »
ok to use the CT file you need a free program called cheatengine and can be gotten here from the offical site (download version 5.4 right at the top)
http://www.cheatengine.org/download.php
just download that program.
install it
Run Final fantasy VII
open CheatEngine
Click the computer in the top left corner and select FF7.EXE and click OK
then click the Folder icon along the top of cheatengine then load the CT file (the one from my previous post)
then click on the box under the FREEZE coloum then click the value 16 and change it to 0
then go back to final fantasy and play without random battles
NOTE :- Leave cheat engine running while playing FF7. DO NOT CLOSE IT.

If you still dont understand i can try taking pictures shoing you what to do. I will try to make a trainer tomorrow in my spare time but i havent ever made a trainer before (i only ever needed cheatengine) so i wouldnt count on me making one if i was you.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-23 18:50:38 »
A friend of mine just sent me the tools to make a trainer and it was so easy i just made one quickly for you. I only tested this quickly but it appears to work fine
http://www.geocities.com/dddkram/Final_Fantasy_7_Trainer_By_Kranmer.zip
its very basic and simple just open the trainer and click on the button while the game is playing and then no more random battles.
Let me know how it works for you since it is my first atempt at a trainer.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-23 19:27:01 »
Kranmer, I could kiss you....but I won't.

Nice one dude.  I understand how to use both :)  but since you have made a trainer I will use that instead.  Btw, this feature has been requested for 1.02 a number of times so maybe keep it and place a sticky somewhere with its link?

Sure some  people around here would place it on a thread for you and it may be worth it :)  :-D

edit: and I love the button.  How a program should be  :lol:

---------

1 slight ptob, trainer doesn't appear to work?  I will try other method and see...

Yup, the cheat engine method WORKS but the trainer doesn't which is weird.....
« Last Edit: 2008-10-23 19:56:26 by Seifer Almasy »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-10-23 20:03:17 »
I just tried the trainer and it appears to workthat this end. I first run FF7 then run the trainer. then click the button once and it then says "OFF" on the big button and then random battles should stop. if it doesnt work for you i can try and find another way of making a trainer but i find it strange that it works with me and not you. i will look into this further since its my first trainer i wasnt sure what would happen.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-10-23 20:50:34 »
It is possible that it is a fault of the program you use to make the trainer....rather than your own work.

Doesn't work here :)  and as the other method works that mans your memory value cannot be wrong,

Anyway  I will test again :)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-10-23 22:13:11 »
Ok well now i have made a new version with a different trainer creator and lets hope this one works for you.
http://www.geocities.com/dddkram/ff7_trainer_v2.zip
just run the trainer while the game is playing then press SHIFT+9 and it should turn off Random battles (just leave the editable box alone since its already at 0 which means no random battles or if you ever want them back on just set it to 16 which is default)
when the writing in the trainer is RED that means the cheat is activate when its black it means its not.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-10-24 03:13:37 »
yup nice one!

This trainer works perfect!  Thankyou very much for going to the trouble, now I can finally finish the FF7 walkthrough for youtube :)

Kudos

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-10-24 10:52:35 »
Good to hear its working. Sounds like it might be a interesting walkthrough so give us the link when you eventually post it on youtube if you dont mind.
also i have remade the trainer again since for some reason the old one was giving off a false postive on some virus scanners so here is V3 which shouldnt be detected as a virus (NOTE the old one is NOT a virus its just some virus scanners think it is)
So here is V3
http://www.geocities.com/dddkram/ff7_random_battles_trainer_v3_by_kranmer.zip
its basicly the same just no edit box this time and a slightly smaller window.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-10-24 16:01:17 »
:)

The walkthrough begins here>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdYPznFITO4

Part 1.  Although credits are part 0