Author Topic: FF7 Battle charater swapping question  (Read 3757 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
FF7 Battle charater swapping question
« on: 2008-10-29 14:45:51 »
ok, so i know character swapping isnt always perfect. however, i'd like to ask this:

would it be possible to make Allies into fightable enemies in FF7. for instance, could i swap the models, skeleton, and animation files of Safer Sephiroth for the ally version of sephiroth, or even perhaps any other character, like Vincent, for instance.

I tried Changing the models of vincents limits, but the outcome was similar to that of what we PS2 hackers usually come across. There was no animation for the AI to use, so the game waited for "galian beast" (aka. sephiroth) to do his intro attack. unfortunately he doesnt have this attack, and thus the game waited and waited and waited forever. so i was wondering if making allies into enemies would have this same effect and constantly wait, if it even loads in the first place.

also, if i LGPswap, say, tifa, for, say, rude, without using tifa's anims and skeleton, would i be able to still use the command menu and attacks and magics fine?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Battle charater swapping question
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-29 15:00:31 »
I don't think there is any reason why you couldn't:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTaerNzGqw

I would also like to find out how to make allies into enemies; I want to fight Cloud, perhaps when he is suffering from Mako poisoning, or at some other time when his mind is not all there.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-29 15:26:50 »
Then you and i are one teh same page, my friend :D

wow. can you add new battles using meteors script editor? i really need to learn to do that!

but yeh fighting cloud would be pure awesome

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-30 12:24:41 »
I did that once years ago, i swapped playable Yuffie with Elena in the Midgar tunnel scene, it worked until she used that bomb thing then she died and nobody was able to do anything. Same thing happened with enemy too.

Deathblow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-01 02:28:18 »
i dont quite understand everything said here but its similiar to what i want to do so instead of creating a new post Ill ask my question here.
Is there a way to swap sephiroth with vincent during battle, ie: in the field and for story purposes he is vincent so the game wont crash but in battle he is sephiroth like you would have in the Kalm flashback.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-01 13:58:00 »
i guess thats possible, since vincent has WAY more attacks than sephy. so odds are it wont freeze :D