Author Topic: How old is everyone?  (Read 136621 times)

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
How old is everyone?
« Reply #250 on: 2001-02-05 09:27:00 »
My life story is censored..
But maybe when every1 here will be adults??

Just jokin'  :D

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
How old is everyone?
« Reply #251 on: 2001-02-05 10:01:00 »
Oh god i cant remember back that far... I was raised on Hippy music Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd.. hella more .. then i moved to New Orleans Moved back to Illinois and uh Graduated H.S. and am currently doing nothing with my life.. i think i may move back down to New Orleans or Cali  :).. um God i guess my life is pretty censored too .. I have lived a good life and am not even 21 I have had many expierences and god all censored.. o well.. Oh and on the name thing
My real name is Travis Miller kinda common  :) i plan on changing it but Travis Means Crossroads and Miller hell i dont know.. My origional name was Travis Stuart.. and i dont know what Stuart means either.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #252 on: 2001-02-06 11:31:00 »
You guys wanna know why this topic is getting slow???
It's cause nobody has thought of good enough off-topic thing for everyone to share.
Why don't I suggest something to add on to it?
How about, tell us about how do you think the condition of this board will be in 40-50 years from now? Will you still be posting although your well above 80??

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
How old is everyone?
« Reply #253 on: 2001-02-06 20:26:00 »
This board won't exist in 50 years. There is a chance, but I for one consider that as as theoretical chance only.

For one thing, people nowadays seem to take the world of today for granted. However, it's only been like this for the last hundred years or so, and even in those years we've had two world wars. 50 years? That's plenty of time for a  even a post-apocalyptic world to rise. I don't think we should take it so extremely for granted that things will stay on the same track. Perhaps people discover that there's isn't really any point behind technology. Perhaps the machines take over (this is with an ironic smile, I don't think there's anything to be afraid of).

Even if things doesn't get as drastical, I don't think we will stay on the same track. I do believe that today's capitalistic society isn't here to stay, but that's probably because a part of me is against it...all the buying pressure, all the giants squeezing every last drop out of the commercial-brainwashed consumer. And also, 20% of the humans living on the work of the other 80%. And coorperation leaders earning more than the working people, even if the working people work harder. You might have stamped me as a communist by now, but don't fear, I tend to be reasonable and I absolutely see the advantages of a free market. I haven't really taken a firm stance, I just see that things are wrong as they are today. I'm also very for free speech BTW, there's no way I'm ever going to support forced communism.

The bottom line is, I think the world will change. Even if nothing of what I have described above is true, people won't log on to a board in the future...just look on how the user interfaces have improved in the last ten years. With this speed, we'll have way better ways of communicating than some hacked UBB Perl/HTML board in 50 years.

And with that as a basis, predicting the results of this board in 50 years is difficult to say the least. It can of course exist for a while, being updated to other formats as they arrive. But, things like Usenet is much more likely to survive in some way. I'm more optimistic for alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg as such than this board.

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #254 on: 2001-02-06 20:56:00 »
*clap* *clap*

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
How old is everyone?
« Reply #255 on: 2001-02-06 21:39:00 »
Geez . . . I haven't been here for a week or so and I come back to see the discussion has jumped to the end of the world . . .  :wink:

. . . ah well, carry on. :D

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #256 on: 2001-02-06 23:58:00 »
C'mon, there's should be a better off-topic subjects you all can discuss here.  :)

How old is everyone?
« Reply #257 on: 2001-02-07 06:34:00 »
eerrrr: I just realized I didn't answer your question about Rackets and Drapes. They're shock rock.

As for where the world's heading, I do see an eventual one world government coming to power. It seems like it'll be some sort of dictatorship. I have no idea when, but almost definately within the next 500 years. I certainly hope I'm wrong, though. But I dunno, I mean heck, they're already teaching about a "new world order" in America's schools. How about you guys in Malaysia and Europe? I know England is losing it's identity because of the UN and the 10 nation commonwealth thing.

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
How old is everyone?
« Reply #258 on: 2001-02-07 17:50:00 »
I also think nations will cease to exist. However, I don't see that as a bad thing. Most conflicts today are conflicts between nations. One common world government would probably be a good thing. As long as it is really thought through and doesn't restrict our freedom in any way.

It's harder and harder to become a dictator the traditional way because of all the information flow. So I don't think that will happen. What might happen is that the large coorperations take over, think Shinra in FF7...

Anonymous

How old is everyone?
« Reply #259 on: 2001-02-07 20:26:00 »
Can you play japanese version of ff7 & ff8 on a playstation or playstation2 machine that is released in the US?
If not, is there any modifications you can get? Where? How?
Thanks, guys.
Second question: Is anyone using Virtual Channel 133 memory for his/her PC?  Does it really perform that well?  Does it slow down 2D apps?  Thanks.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #260 on: 2001-02-08 11:26:00 »
Hmmm, you guys want to know about me? Such as My Personal Life ???perhaps???

Jedimark

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #261 on: 2001-02-08 16:39:00 »
Yer come on Amy... tell us about yourselfy  :D

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #262 on: 2001-02-08 18:01:00 »
jedi'&amy: i think i know where this is headed  :D

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #263 on: 2001-02-08 20:38:00 »
dont u already know enough about amy mark? just kidding. ive been bunking for the last 3 days but it looks like im gonna have to go back to school tommorow, especially for a history test! argh! maybe i can bunk tomorow too, i dont know. did anyone get that mail from ff with the gizmo trailer for ff: the spirits within? i looked at it and it doesnt have a movie, just sound. anyway, most of u wont know what im talking about.

in the past, when guns and explosives were first invented wars stopped hapening as much cos they were too expensive. so maybe in the future a new weapon will be made which will make wars even more rare and expensive, but more powerful. maybe in the future something similar to an ff may be discovered on earth......nah.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #264 on: 2001-02-09 03:10:00 »
Nations shouldent be around now. The world should be run under one power. We should also colonise the solar system and get down to some good old alien wars. I would like to take part in on of them before I die. Very unlikely though  :(

Jedimark

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #265 on: 2001-02-09 12:30:00 »
Eerrr.. you have got your self confused. The Amy on this Message Board is not my girlfriend Amy... its someone completely different!

Jedimark

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #266 on: 2001-02-09 12:32:00 »
Eerrr again... yes I got the E-mail from finalfantasy.com and I got the gizmo but i got both sound and visual.  :D It looked prietty impressive!

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #267 on: 2001-02-09 21:03:00 »
yeah i know JediMark, i was just kidding! maybe gizmo detected that i had a 33.6k modem and wouldnt let me watch both. maybe it only plays images to ppl with 56k or above.

here's something to change the subject. its about LAN. has anyone here got a lan line? and if u do, what is it and how much does it cost? is T3 the best lan line you can get?

StrayWings

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #268 on: 2001-02-10 03:50:00 »
Mabye. I don't really know..what I know is if you download mp3s from Napster, pick the guys that have T1-T3  :D

*GRIN* Haven't been posting in this board for quite awhile...

J*** H*******

How old is everyone?
« Reply #269 on: 2001-02-10 05:23:00 »
 http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/library/intspeed.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/library/intspeed.htm

T1 and T3 are American thingies, and not available in Europe, IIRC. There are other fast connections available in Europe, most of them optical, like ATM which is probably the most common high speed connection in Finland. It's available in speeds from 4 Mbps to 155 Mbps, latter being about 3 times as fast as T3.

Anyway, you have to ask your ISP for the cost (and availability) because these connections are usually built to fit your needs and hence there are no list prices for them.

To put it shortly: If you have to ask how much it costs it's too expensive for you.  :D I would recommend either ADSL or cable modem, they are much faster than modem or ISDN and reasonably priced, especially if you have to pay by the minute for your dial-up connection.

Ged

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #270 on: 2001-02-10 10:34:00 »
*yawn*
wth my parents woke me up at 5:30 AM???

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #271 on: 2001-02-10 14:27:00 »
woke u up 4 what?

Jedimark

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #272 on: 2001-02-10 15:00:00 »
If my mam woke me up at 5:30 on a Saturday I would punch her!  :D

Ged

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #273 on: 2001-02-10 15:28:00 »
I wish I'd knew. Punch her? Whoooaa.. never!

Since Valentine's day is coming, a bit of a private-love question. Who here (except Joey of course  :D) has a GF (girl-friend, not guardian force!) or BF (boy-friend). I have a GF.. Sounds weird but I'm in the middle of having a BF also! Nothing rude, please.

PS. Explenations for Joey  :D

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #274 on: 2001-02-10 21:17:00 »
so r u gay then Ged? if u are, why r u dating two ppl eh? naughty naughty.