Author Topic: Looking to start out  (Read 3951 times)

shadowroxas2000

Looking to start out
« on: 2008-11-16 21:04:46 »
Hey everybody, new guy here (joined a while ago, but I never got around to doing anything)

Now, I know that you guys likely are busy so I don't want to bother you. However, I do need help starting out. I plan on starting on my own little projects witch involve editing 3d moddles (in and out of battle), music, weapons, and text.

Are the programs on the front page the only ones that I need or should I get some others, a list of programs would be greatly appreciated, I don't need links, as I can look for / find everything that I need on my own, however just names of recommended programs would be a huge help, since ever since I've found people doing stuff like this, I've wanted so badly to be able to make my own mods.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to start out
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-16 21:34:17 »
I don't know much about editing 3D modelsand the like, but Loveless is a good text editor and Wall Market will help you edit weapons (if you are talking about editing stats rather than models).

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-16 21:43:56 »
milkshape 3d is a good modeling program

o.. and DEFINITELY get Borde's program "Kimera"

go to google and type in "Kimera simple p editing"

and it will pop up and download the last link in Borde's post

shadowroxas2000

« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-17 03:14:46 »
Thanks, a lot guys, I was also wondering if there is a program that will let me edit weapon models and character animations, again thanks in advance for any help

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-18 20:57:41 »
your welcome...i did a post JUST like this when i first was new here

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-18 21:37:43 »
kimera is used to edit weapon /character models and character animations (i haven't messed with animation, seems tricky.)
but you will want to get hold of ficedula's LGP tools, and extract the .p files you're looking for in order to  edit them with kimera.

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-19 02:06:12 »
how  do u edit the animation

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-19 04:21:30 »
depends on if you wanna edit combat or world animations world are easy combat you need alot of time and a hex editor