Author Topic: NPC Reconstruction character isssue  (Read 4141 times)

Split

NPC Reconstruction character isssue
« on: 2008-12-19 00:11:25 »
hey what's up guys? I'm a new user here and I've been having a slight problem with the NPC reconstruction patch.

I could've sworn I implemented everything correctly, but when I play the game the only place I see its effects is on the world map; cloud's model is changed there, but then when he goes back into a town or any area he goes back to his normal model. If anyone can tell me what I've been doing wrong or link me to somewhere that explains it well, that'd be great - I just have a normal, U.S. version of the game. Thanks in advance guys  :-D

Swampthing15

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction character isssue
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-19 02:33:30 »
I suggest using the new version of that patch under the new name

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.0

It has its own issues, but none of them seem to be as fatal as the reconstruction patch issues (atleast in my case)

If you just prefer the reconstruction (as some people do) im sorry that i cannot help you, i never got past the random freezing i had after installing it.

cl0ud123

« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-19 03:08:29 »
no swampthing, his game didn't freeze, he said he only had cloud in world map

i had the same with you the first time, it was because i didn't create a new char.lgp and delete the old one. Use lgptools to create a new char.lgp and add the char folder into it.

And i think the phoenix rejuvenation has more bugs than the npc reconstruction ( menu crash for example ) and you cant play the saint high res with the phoenix rejuvenation

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-19 11:17:32 »
I understand that his game was not freezing, i was just saying with this patch i didnt have a chance to have the same issue as him, because my game was freezing...

yea i know people have bugs with the new one, but i played all the way thru without any problem, and the high res patch wont wok with my video card anyway, so i forgot that it was not compatible

Split

« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-19 14:54:55 »
no swampthing, his game didn't freeze, he said he only had cloud in world map

i had the same with you the first time, it was because i didn't create a new char.lgp and delete the old one. Use lgptools to create a new char.lgp and add the char folder into it.

And i think the phoenix rejuvenation has more bugs than the npc reconstruction ( menu crash for example ) and you cant play the saint high res with the phoenix rejuvenation
Do you mean I should just drag the char folder onto the new one? because I thought you had to delete it...

cl0ud123

« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-19 15:18:19 »
omg no!

u have to delete the old char.lgp not the char folder! after you delete the old char.lgp you have to create a new char.lgp. If you are using lgptools to create a new char.lgp it will allow you to select a folder so select the char folder and it will create a new char.lgp for you.

the readme in the npc reconstruction explains it all

Split

« Reply #6 on: 2008-12-19 16:23:17 »
lol can you tell im new to this stuff? thanks for bearing with me tho...
so you update all the files in the folder by running the patch, then you pack them into a new char LGP file? because I actually did do that. This is copied and pasted from the readme tho: 4) Create a new char.lgp useing lgptools and delete the char folder.

cl0ud123

« Reply #7 on: 2008-12-19 17:19:47 »
sorry... if you had created a new char.lgp then it should work

oh i forgot, do you paste the new char.lgp into the field folder to replace the old one

Split

« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-19 17:33:07 »
uuuhhh i deleted the old lgp but I haven't deleted the folder yet so I guess the files are still there. I think ill just try and delete that and if it messes up the game I'll just copy my save folder and reinstall the game, I don't mind  :-)

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #9 on: 2008-12-21 04:05:48 »
all you have to do with this is extract the char lgp and run the patch then repack the lgp. if this dont work try downloading the patch again.