Author Topic: best idea every for a mod  (Read 4086 times)

dark angel

• View Profile
best idea every for a mod
« on: 2009-01-07 23:17:39 »
hey can any of you guys make a mod advent children movie that would be cool wouldn't it???

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: best idea every for a mod
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-07 23:24:48 »
At first I rolled my eyes at this post but decided to post anyways just to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Read the boards for a bit. You'll see what is optional and not. Plus what is currently being done.

So far some members I think are doing an advent children combat and field avatar set to go with menu avatars. This may include weapons too.

As to what I'm guessing you are saying which would be, "mod ff7 to take on the same story and scenes as Advent children" very, very tough mod to do since we can only change so much of game scenario. Besides that I'm not sure if anyone would play it unless someone made an independant game from the original so that combat in advent children style is more like dissidia gameplay.

dark angel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-07 23:29:55 »
o im new at this if u can tell me how to make mods for ff7 or wat programs i need to make them then i would be happy to make them. :-D  :-)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-08 02:22:11 »
not like most mods where it is simple point and click and typing in code, this is hacking and cracking work where if you scew up one thing, a whole domino effect happens of other things screwing up. I first off suggest you go throughout the board and read all the posts, tutorials, etc. Then download the programs the various mods use, some of them are on the main qhimm page. Learn how to use those programs. This is all a process that will take awhile but it is for your benefit if you want to create some of your ideas.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
worst idea every for a mod
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-08 09:27:31 »
It is the worst idea for a mod, if i understand it right. I think i understand the same like furzball..

As to what I'm guessing you are saying which would be, "mod ff7 to take on the same story and scenes as Advent children"

I don't like FF7 AC - The FF7 story was ok, before the "enhancements" came out.. It is not exactly like FF 10-2, but.. too close..

FF7 AC Story mod =  FF7-2 [like FF10-2] = Crap, imho. FF7 AC was just an enhancement, and it isn't worth a full mod.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-08 23:42:45 »
I understand the excitement of having the imagination to mod a game, you have to have the knowledge as well. I fully support anyone that can take the project as far as they are willing to take it. Everyone on this forum has so many wonderful ideas, but we have to put in hard work to bring those thoughts out into ff7.