Author Topic: Please help me uninstall YAMP! (GyptInstant)  (Read 11710 times)

qwerty103

• View Profile
Please help me uninstall YAMP! (GyptInstant)
« on: 2009-01-15 00:06:41 »
Wow...

I had to install this one file (GyptInstant) that came with the YAMP patch due to my biglight amv crash problem and now that I've skipped that movie, I had to uninstall it because it automatically skips all FMV's and it gives me a black screen. Now I tried deleting the file and it didn't work. I tried to reinstall my whole FFVII and it's still the same thing (Skips EIDIOS logo and stays black screen whenever theres an FMV. I can't even go to new game anymore because the screen goes black. It seems that the GryptInstant is still there but I already uninstalled my whole FFVII, what in the world?

dziugo wth is wrong why can't I uninstall this?

Please help.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 02:44:45 by qwerty103 »

Landarma

• View Profile
Re: Please help me uninstall YAMP! (GryptInstant)
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-15 00:40:14 »
Wow...

I had to install this one file (GryptInstant) that came with the YAMP patch due to my biglight amv crash problem and now that I've skipped that movie, I had to uninstall it because it automatically skips all AMV's and it gives me a black screen. Now I tried deleting the file and it didn't work. I tried to reinstall my whole FFVII and it's still the same thing (Skips EIDIOS logo and stays black screen whenever theres an AMV. I can't even go to new game anymore because the screen goes black. It seems that the GryptInstant is still there but I already uninstalled my whole FFVII, what in the world?

Please help.
Before you patch the executive file, you should have made a backup file(though in most case, patcher does make one).  If there's ff7.exe.backup, delete patched file and rename backup file.  If not, extract 1.02 patch again(you don't need to uninstall and re-install whole game).  And.. also delete YAMP and associated patches and try.

qwerty103

• View Profile
Re: Please help me uninstall YAMP! (GryptInstant)
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-15 00:54:47 »
Wow...

I had to install this one file (GryptInstant) that came with the YAMP patch due to my biglight amv crash problem and now that I've skipped that movie, I had to uninstall it because it automatically skips all AMV's and it gives me a black screen. Now I tried deleting the file and it didn't work. I tried to reinstall my whole FFVII and it's still the same thing (Skips EIDIOS logo and stays black screen whenever theres an AMV. I can't even go to new game anymore because the screen goes black. It seems that the GryptInstant is still there but I already uninstalled my whole FFVII, what in the world?

Please help.
Before you patch the executive file, you should have made a backup file(though in most case, patcher does make one).  If there's ff7.exe.backup, delete patched file and rename backup file.  If not, extract 1.02 patch again(you don't need to uninstall and re-install whole game).  And.. also delete YAMP and associated patches and try.

I did try that before but I had lots of problems using backup files and other patches working, so I decided that I'll just uninstall and reinstall everything (much cleaner IMO) whenever I have problems.

The only thing that bugs me is that I already uninstalled the whole thing (FFVII game) and applied a fresh new unpatched Official 1.02 after the reinstallation and that GyptInstant is still there although I don't have it anymore. I  reinstalled in again only using both Official 1.02 and Saint's high res patch but no luck as well.

This sucks...  :-(
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 00:56:18 by qwerty103 »

Vehek

• View Profile
Re: Please help me uninstall YAMP! (GyptInstant)
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-15 02:18:15 »
I don't remember GyptInstant automatically skipping FMVs...
Do you have the proper codec installed?

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-15 02:40:59 »
I don't remember GyptInstant automatically skipping FMVs...
Do you have the proper codec installed?

Yes. I even manually installed the Truemotion 2.0 codec (and later uninstalled because it didn't changed anything) but didn't work. It's still the same.  :|

The only thing I can say is that since I installed this GyptInstant, whenever there's an FMV it goes black and I have to press ctrl+s (skip) everytime. There's no other choice because it will stay black if I don't skip it anyway, it happens in every FMV's. The game would be very fast after skipping the FMV, (fps in GyptInstant config I think) but my main concern now is to uninstall this thing. Man I'm thinking of just reformatting my comp. There seems to be some file in Windows but I don't know what it is. Dammit.

This problem is worse than before. If I knew I wouldn't have downloaded it...
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 02:44:47 by qwerty103 »

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-15 05:06:14 »
Nvm I finally got it. 

The problem was the codec. It seems the GyptInstant isn't good when it comes to different kinds of codecs. I installed the Truemotion 2.0 (took out the one that was default) again and it worked. Glad I don't have to reformat, whew.

Thanks for reminding me about the codec, forgot to double check it.  :-)

P.S. I forgot to take out the save folder while uninstalling (uninstalled many times), now I'm back from the beginning.  :-(
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 05:11:13 by qwerty103 »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2009-01-15 09:53:02 »
To be clear, any YAMP patch is gone the moment you delete the ff7.exe. And you should knew it was gone, because you had to install it one more time to use the Ctrl+S shortcut on those not working FMVs when you realized that the reinstall didn't help.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-01-15 10:09:43 »
P.S. I forgot to take out the save folder while uninstalling (uninstalled many times), now I'm back from the beginning.  :-(

Create back ups everytime.. =) Remember it (for the next time).

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-01-15 11:19:36 »
To be clear, any YAMP patch is gone the moment you delete the ff7.exe. And you should knew it was gone, because you had to install it one more time to use the Ctrl+S shortcut on those not working FMVs when you realized that the reinstall didn't help.

Well I know that it was gone, I just thought that they were one of those files that leaves some traces after uninstalling because it has this similar black screen thing.  :|

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-01-15 11:26:48 »

Create back ups everytime.. =) Remember it (for the next time).

Haha thats exactly what I have in mind. xD

But to be honest I don't mind. I miss Aerith so much... Main reason why I love this game.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 11:28:21 by qwerty103 »

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-15 17:43:44 »
are u playing on vista? i had to install the GyptInstant patch on my vista computer cause i got random black screens, and the ctrl+d function fixed them

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-15 18:14:43 »
are u playing on vista? i had to install the GyptInstant patch on my vista computer cause i got random black screens, and the ctrl+d function fixed them

Yes, I'm playing on 64-bit Ultimate. Weird I never have that kind of black screen problem. The problem that I mean here is that the movies wont show anymore and it was because of the codec mistake. Ctrl+d... isn't that the white screen? Didn't work for me when I used the GyptInstant, not sure why.

However I do have a different black screen problem that I've noticed since the beginning though, whenever there's an FMV and I press the Windows button (to check something for example) I will get a black screen automatically when I go back. So yeah I can't press it during an FMV because of it, however if I press it during playing it's ok.

I never really had a lot of problems except my FMV crash and also the Ficedula music...
« Last Edit: 2009-01-15 18:24:52 by qwerty103 »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-15 18:24:43 »
Recurring black screen after the FMVs might indicate the problem with the avi splitter.

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-01-15 19:24:41 »
Recurring black screen after the FMVs might indicate the problem with the avi splitter.

Is that so? You know how to fix it? What should I do?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-01-15 19:59:47 »

I was talking to the Swampthing15. Didn't make it clear, sorry for that. You're getting the black screen while the FMV is running, he gets it after the FMV. The latter might be a problem with avi splitter, and the fix is to disable it (search for "gabest" in the forums).

And the black screen after returning to the FF7 when it's still supposed to be playing the FMV is perfectly normal. It's because of how the code is written - if it encounters a problem when playing the FMV it stops the playback and won't turn the lights on - you have to do it manually. This can be fixed only by modifying the ff7.exe to handle such an event, and no such fix exists IIRC.

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-01-15 20:23:00 »

I was talking to the Swampthing15. Didn't make it clear, sorry for that. You're getting the black screen while the FMV is running, he gets it after the FMV. The latter might be a problem with avi splitter, and the fix is to disable it (search for "gabest" in the forums).

And the black screen after returning to the FF7 when it's still supposed to be playing the FMV is perfectly normal. It's because of how the code is written - if it encounters a problem when playing the FMV it stops the playback and won't turn the lights on - you have to do it manually. This can be fixed only by modifying the ff7.exe to handle such an event, and no such fix exists IIRC.

Ah I see.

I thought so too that it was normal about my FMV problem, just wanna make sure.

But nah, it doesn't really bugs me that much so it's alright.