Author Topic: Hit sounds (PLZ HELP, I'VE SCREWED MY GAME UP LOL)  (Read 5869 times)

Ultraman

Hey everyone, basicly after applying scorpicus' seph patch i tried to use wallmarket to change the sound of seph's weapon contact to that of his in the flashback. I made the assumption that all i had to do was take the hit and critical sounds from the masamune and copy them over to each of cloud's (now seph's) weapons. BIG MISTAKE, ive now screwed around with them so much that i've had every sound for a contact hit ranging from door opening and closing sound (lol) to some weird spell sound FX. Does anyone know how i can successfully fix this to meet the intended goal, or at least get it back to normal?? i tried uninstalling and starting from scratch but wallmarket always seems to remember the changes i made before (i dont know how) and it's getting me nowhere. Any help would be much appreciated. cheers

ff7rules

• View Profile
Re: Hit sounds (PLZ HELP, I'VE SCREWED MY GAME UP LOL)
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-13 21:17:53 »
Well if its a default KERNAL.bin file you need send me a pm and ill mail you 1, or have you tried that?

Ultraman

« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-13 21:44:38 »
well ive uninstalled and reinstalled more than once now. i would have thought id get a fresh kernal each time i did this, however every time i use wallmarket to open the kernal, the changes i made before are still right there (i changed materia slot numbers etc as well as changing sound effects). since ive screwed all the default values, if someone could somehow get me the original attack tex, hit sound and critical sound values of both the buster sword and the masamune, i should in theory be able to restore/ tweak them and find out where i went wrong. thanks for speedy reply :D

EDIT: i found cloud's slash sound again after i changed the hit sound to 12 (the same sound effect as vincent's shotgun!?!?) does anyone know how the hell this works??? lol
« Last Edit: 2009-02-13 22:11:44 by Ultraman »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-13 22:15:03 »
well ive uninstalled and reinstalled more than once now. i would have thought id get a fresh kernal each time i did this, however every time i use wallmarket to open the kernal, the changes i made before are still right there (i changed materia slot numbers etc as well as changing sound effects). since ive screwed all the default values, if someone could somehow get me the original attack tex, hit sound and critical sound values of both the buster sword and the masamune, i should in theory be able to restore/ tweak them and find out where i went wrong. thanks for speedy reply :D

EDIT: i found cloud's slash sound again after i changed the hit sound to 12 (the same sound effect as vincent's shotgun!?!?) does anyone know how the hell this works??? lol

Ok i can do that for ya.

Buster Sword FBFF00
Attack Tex 09
Hit sound 12
Crit sound 1B
miss sound 05

Masamune 00FFFB
attack Tex 0B
Hit sound 7A
Crit sound 78
Miss sound 05

EDIT wrong version! edited with PC version.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-13 22:19:44 by ff7rules »

Ultraman

« Reply #4 on: 2009-02-13 22:50:39 »
*dies*

right, im pretty sure that whatever ive done is unfixable.
1) i can view a clean kernel with walmarket, but once i put it in the ff7 folder it 'becomes' the currupt kernel i just got rid of, the errors magicly reappear. most notably the model id errors
2) even though i know the correct codes from viewing the clean kernal, any attempt to fix my errors (eg. by changing the model id) doesnt work. allthough it allows me to enter the new codes, when i click off and back onto this area (eg by clicking to mythril sabre then back to buster sword) results in my code being scrambled: i type in f8ff01for the mythril sabre id, click off then back and magicly the mode is made into 01fff8..... this is beyond annoying. looks like i can't play ever again without errors!?!?
« Last Edit: 2009-02-13 23:07:52 by Ultraman »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-02-13 23:15:47 »
Thats really strange. Only thing i can suggest is getting a brand new kernal and not editing it then trying that maybe its a bug with wallmarket i don't know.

Chicken_Wing

« Reply #6 on: 2009-02-14 00:19:03 »
I did the exact same thing as you, and the same exact thing happended lol, you have to uninstall the game completely, search for any left over files and do a clean reinstall. The only way I've found so far to get anything close to your goal is adding the masamune to the game with a editor and using wall market to make it equipable by cloud (Sephiroth is cloud with the wallmarket ap if your using sephy patch) then using wallmarket to edit the stats to whatever weapon cloud would have at the point you are in the game (making the masamune have the stats of the buster sword at the start for example) its not a perfect solution by any means but it gets the job done.

I a more explained tutorial that i wrote can be found in the Tech Related Fourm

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2009-02-14 01:10:20 »
Hold it hold it hold it!

This is NOT a bug with WallMarket, it is designed to do this and is documented in the readme. You have made pieces of your KERNEL.BIN correct? When you load WM and it sees that the pieces exist it will load THAT information (1.1.7 asks you if you want to load the pieces or the KERNEL.BIN on startup). Delete the pieces, use the delivered KERNEL.BIN and your problems will be solved.

Note about sound:
See that "Weapon Model" is 3 bytes long? It's really only the last byte. I haven't gotten around to changing that yet (I probably will). That FIRST byte is actually something like "sound bank." I don't know what significance this is, but I know that changing this byte changes what sounds those other three labeled as sounds are. I noticed this a long time ago by trying a very similar thing and made Cloud's miss sound like Matra Magic and Critical Hit sound like Flame Thrower. I don't know any logic to this, just that this is the way it is.

Ultraman

« Reply #8 on: 2009-02-14 10:10:36 »
Actually i no longer have kernal pieces (im guessing this by the way walmarket is not giving me the option to delete kernal pieces lol). Problem is that last night i made some minor moderations: added descriptions for armour and added some element absorbtions and effects to weapons. Tried to load this morning via the executable and got 'ff7.exe has stopped working' error, meaning i can't even open it now -_-. So i wiped off wallmarket completely, uninstalled ff completely and got rid of all loose files. THEN i reinstalled ff7 again and clicked executable.... LOW AND BEHOLD i got the same executable error, despite the fact that wallmarket was completely deleted. i got wallmarket again just to check what was going on AND the same changes i made are STILL there with no option to delete kernal pieces. Somehow it's remembering this stuff after complete uninstall of all files involved. I've made the game totally unusable it seems.... :(

Do you think it's because ive got the useless scum which is 'windows vista'
« Last Edit: 2009-02-14 10:25:27 by Ultraman »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2009-02-14 15:34:17 »
It's not possible for WM to "remember" any changes you've made (sans memory leaks which Vista thinks is impossible) especially if you deleted it with FF7PC. If there are no KERNEL pieces then it's loading everything directly from the KERNEL.BIN itself. If your changes are still there then you are probably loading a KERNEL.BIN/kernel2.bin from another location other than the /ff7/data/kernel directory. If you deleted the KERNEL.BIN, kernel2.bin, and all the pieces from this directory before re-installing then the installation would give you new kernel files.

Also remember that a fresh install of FF7PC is the 1.0 version which probably won't work at all in Vista. Get the 1.02 update.

You ARE using WM 1.1.7, correct? That points to the FF7/data/kernel directory by default when navigating to a file. Can you get a pic of the KERNEL.BIN details/properties?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #10 on: 2009-02-14 15:52:40 »
Reinstall to the folder other than "X:\Program Files\...". And 1.00 works fine on Vista/Windows 7 (although it's still recommended to install 1.02).

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-02-14 16:30:43 »
Hold it hold it hold it!

This is NOT a bug with WallMarket,

Sorry NFITC1 didn't mean to offend you. I know you work really hard on these programs and i can assure you we all truly appreciate it and it was wrong of me to assume it to be a bug. I tried what Dziugo said and indeed it works refreshes the KERNAL.BIN completely so thanks to him for the heads up.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #12 on: 2009-02-14 20:11:53 »
Hold it hold it hold it!

This is NOT a bug with WallMarket,

Sorry NFITC1 didn't mean to offend you. I know you work really hard on these programs and i can assure you we all truly appreciate it and it was wrong of me to assume it to be a bug. I tried what Dziugo said and indeed it works refreshes the KERNAL.BIN completely so thanks to him for the heads up.

I didn't mean it to sound as violent as it came out. I'm just at a loss to explain how that could be happening. It's more denial on my part than anything. You didn't offend. :) I want people to tell me if there ARE bugs, I'm just assuring Ultraman that this isn't one of them. ;) Peace?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-02-14 20:18:48 »
I didn't mean it to sound as violent as it came out. I'm just at a loss to explain how that could be happening. It's more denial on my part than anything. You didn't offend. :) I want people to tell me if there ARE bugs, I'm just assuring Ultraman that this isn't one of them. ;) Peace?

Peace ;) Yeah man no worries im just glad i didn't offend you, anyway Hope you resolve your problem soon Ultraman.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-15 09:53:08 by ff7rules »

Ultraman

« Reply #14 on: 2009-02-15 09:00:43 »
all the help is much appreciated people. of course you're right: when i reinstall i should get fresh kernal files, which is why this problem is so confusing to me. i'l try installing to a different folder later and see if this works, will keep y'all posted. thanks again

ps. version 1.00 is and always has been fine for me on vista :)
pps. yes, i'm also using the newest version of WM which you mentioned

EDIT: problem solved!! i installed to a different directory and now it's working fine. that was weird :roll:
« Last Edit: 2009-02-15 10:14:30 by Ultraman »