Author Topic: Save States+Other ways to jump ahead?  (Read 8531 times)

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
Save States+Other ways to jump ahead?
« on: 2009-03-19 06:41:29 »
Yep, I'm full of questions.

Since I'm currently working on completely retranslating the script, I'd like to be able to jump ahead to each portion of the game, to see if everything is formatted correctly. This would take too long to play the game normally, leveling up and fighting as I go. That's why I'm making this forum to see if any of the following hacks or exploits are available.

1. The ability to use save states, so I can save and load a game wherever I want, instead of save points.

2. A way to jump to practically any portion of the game, or at least a site that contains saves for every savepoint.

3. A way to completely erase random encounters.

4. A way to start at level 99.

Thanks for the continued help.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Re: Save States+Other ways to jump ahead?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-19 13:01:36 »
Is this for the PC or the PSX version of the game?

If PSX:
- You can use the pSX Emulator to "Speed up" the gameplay (it has a fast forward feature)
- Save States should be in the emulator by default
- Level 99, no battles and Save Anywhere gameshark codes exist

If PC:
I think some people were working on getting a bunch of save games together...
Other than that, I think a Save Game Editor could help you out for the stat boost, or a trainer... I don't think states are possible.

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-19 16:52:21 »
PC Version. If at least there's a collection of different saves, I'll take that, but if the rest exists I'd like that as well.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-19 17:19:37 »
If nothing else works, using Jenova to put yourself in the debug room should be helpful. It can take you to many different parts of the game, give you all the different materia and allow you to level up very quickly; there are quite a few guides to how it works on gamefaqs.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-19 23:18:02 »
I don't think 'Save States' can be done for PC version alone, but you can use cheat code for activating 'Save' command in menu anywhere, although it can cause some issue sometimes.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-19 23:25:38 »
1. The ability to use save states, so I can save and load a game wherever I want, instead of save points.

That's not possible as far as I know.

2. A way to jump to practically any portion of the game, or at least a site that contains saves for every savepoint.

There's a save on the following site which contains all of the sections of the game with very strong stats :
http://www.angelfire.com/az/horf/ff7.html

3. A way to completely erase random encounters.

I'd use Jenova (found on this site, written by whimm if I recall) to add the Mastered to lower encouter rates (forgot its name) to every character to all of the saves downloaded in #2.

4. A way to start at level 99.

Jenova, again.  The saves I posted earlier are boosted though.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-20 13:55:00 »
As I'm doing a lot of dialog work for my revision project, I find myself playing through certain scenes over and over and over hammering out bugs. Eventually the best system I could come up with is using a save game collection and editing the saves I want with JENOVA so the party has 99 save crystals, letting me save closer to the edits.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-30 03:59:36 »
I have a save slot that I started a while back for this purpose. I didn't get very far in it, but I think it was intended to be a community effort. Basically it's every save between the start of the game up to the Train Graveyard; Saving before and after each major event. There are three WM saves for each of the scenes and the game was continued using Cloud's scene.

It's not as good as save states, but I think it's the best that PC users can hope for unless someone comes up with a save-state editor for FF7 (which is theoretically possible, but I'm not sure).

NameSpoofer

« Reply #8 on: 2009-04-25 23:53:24 »
Lol im surprised no one knows about this

FF7w by Bulk_4Me allows you to save at any place without a save point

http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/!!stuff/qhimm/FF7w.zip

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-04-26 16:32:59 »
A trainer will erradicate encounters

I use Cheat engine 5.4 and have a small file that I open and then select ff7.exe

Change the random default from 16 to 0 and hey presto....no more battles

I can send the small file which was made for me, how do I attach files here?  or send me your email addy in  pm
« Last Edit: 2009-04-26 16:34:41 by Seifer Almasy »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #10 on: 2009-04-27 04:23:45 »
you can disable random encounter? hey you are absolutely the man

could you please send the small file to my email [email protected]? I really need that so I can quickly run through my mod.

thanks a bunch

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-04-27 11:31:48 »
ok, firstly what you also have to realise is, this random encounter disabler works only with the NEW PATCH 1.02  Not the original exe

There are loads of trainers out there that disable the original exe battles.

I have send you the CT file.  You open it in "cheat engine"

I think that this little file should be added to this forum somehow?  As it is the only diasbler of 1.02 battles I know of (I had to get someone to make it me)
« Last Edit: 2009-04-27 11:34:04 by Seifer Almasy »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #12 on: 2009-04-27 23:09:19 »
No problem I always use 1.02 ff7.exe

Thank you very much this will definitely help me a lot

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-04-29 06:26:40 »
Aperently there is a way of saving states in most PC games using a tool called "ArtMoney Pro" but i have never tried this (mainly because i only have the free version and wont buy the pro version since i dont need it).
Also if you want save files i may have some from most of the CD's after events but they will proberly only work with certain patches because i use the surpass 9999 limit patch so i think that might affect saves (although i am not sure) but it would proberly be easyer to get some of the ones other people have posted or use a editor.

hey seifer Almasy remember i already posted the cheat engine table and trainer back when i made them on this forum back on this post (or did you mean as a sticky or somthing when you said they should be added to this forum somehow ?)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=e20238b71a2daf95d94f0c66d997a798&topic=7960.msg95839

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-04-29 13:00:39 »
ahhh yes!  Of course!

Nice one kramner.

One problem is, that program you made doesnt seem to work, but the cheat engine one is great

Nice one man, cant thank you enough

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-04-29 14:13:43 »
really ? i could have sworn version3 of my trainer worked. hm i supose its back to the drawing board then. i will have to work on it sometime (not like its really needed but i am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to small things like this).Thanks for letting me know it doesnt work (it obviously worked for me on both my PC's but that could be bacause i use the same EXE and the same patches i will have to experiment more and maybe try different OS's)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-04-29 14:59:49 »
yeah its strange.....im sure i had it working at 1 point, but no matter

the ct file was great