Author Topic: How far are we with FF8 enemy editing?  (Read 3543 times)

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
How far are we with FF8 enemy editing?
« on: 2009-05-20 20:29:08 »
first: big sorry if there are already threads with explanations to this question but i now searched days through this forum and didnt find ANY answers to my desires.

Alright i wondered how much our progress in enemy editing of FF8 is today cause i havent been on very often the last half year since i was pretty buisy with my work and so on. 3 days ago i played my already completely edited FF7(with enemies boosted, high res patch of course, kernel1&2 changed, and so on) and i suddenly got the bad need to play FF8 again. however since the difficulty of FF8 is next to nothing I wanted to ask if any1 has figured out how to edit the scenes or the kernel like in FF7. Are there any programs to make this easy?

Since I completely hex edited my FF7 I could also hex edit FF8 if someone would explain me where which section is and which byte stands for what and what I have to change to get the desired effect and so on, that would be enough as well.

if this takes long, i also have msn: [email protected]
or email me: [email protected]
Appreciate your business, The Black-caped Man

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
Re: How far are we with FF8 enemy editing?
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-21 17:53:37 »
thx bro, i get it now. if i have any question, may I bother you with it?^^

btw how do you get to those c0mXXX.dat files? i didnt find a way to unpach this battle.fs archive since in the internet no one seems to know how to do it.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-22 12:11:34 by The Black-caped Man »

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-23 07:35:51 »
Get Garden from Qhimm site -this program unpack all files from the game :) But if you want insert these files back to the game, you'll have to get FF8 Archive Commander by M4v3R. I'll give you this ;)

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-23 09:52:48 »
Thx bro^^