Author Topic: Another FF7 Music Topic  (Read 2720 times)

Nukewarm

Another FF7 Music Topic
« on: 2009-05-22 02:17:13 »
My problem changed a bit since I initially posted this. I seemed to have gotten everything working find with ff7music, but for some reason it doesn't want to play "chu2". The mp3 I've associated to that track is properly configured in ff7music>configure, it's in the right directory, but for some reason it won't play in-game. When I unmute the midi tracks and boot up without ff7music, chu2 plays fine. I've additionally swapped out a few different songs to replace chu2 to see if it was the actual MP3's fault, which it wasn't since the other tracks didn't work either. Any help is appreciated.

I notice ff7music's main function is substituting mp3's in for when the game references midis like "chu2". As a possible work-around, is there a way to get the game to reference a different midi track? For instance, every time the game signals to start the "chu2" midi track, can I change something so that it sends out a signal to start some other track, like chu?

Thanks,
Nukewarm
« Last Edit: 2009-05-23 07:05:32 by Nukewarm »

Aali

• View Profile
Re: Another FF7 Music Topic
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-22 02:24:55 »
If you've stayed close to this forum for a while as you say, then you should know that we do not support the Ultima version.

Sorry, but that's the rules.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-22 02:25:06 »
If you've stayed close to this forum for a while as you say, then you should know that we do not support the Ultima version.

Sorry, but that's the rules.

Plus it is crap.

Nukewarm

« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-23 18:34:30 »
Problem resolved. For future reference, the list of songs in ff7music is simply a list of what tracks the program will ATTEMPT to associate to the game's respective midi's; It doesn't indicate which tracks you actually have in your chosen music folder. The music wasn't playing because I was missing one or two songs and didn't know it.