Author Topic: Couple of questions on mods  (Read 3262 times)

CarnageHeart

Couple of questions on mods
« on: 2009-05-25 13:24:57 »
First I would like to say I really like what everyone has done here and I plan on contributing myself as soon as I am able =)

But pretty much I have two questions, both of the same type though.

1. I downloaded and installed some of the mods for FF7 recommended on this post:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6238.0

I was wondering if there were any other mods that anyone would recommend?

2. Are there any mods anyone would recommended for FF8?

Thanks in advance! =)

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has started a retexture project? Like making the fields, backgrounds, etc look higher quality? If not, I think I may start work on this if it's at all possible =)

(Okay, so I guess there were three questions in here :P)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: Couple of questions on mods
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-25 15:07:07 »
Those are what most of us start with. I would recommend you get Everything on page one of Game Tweaking and Aali's custom driver.
Off the top of my head it's APZ's cloud model, Phoenix Rejuvenation Project, Slayersnext swords and potion, and Kula's avatars. Oh and My replacement FMVs. Then check the board periodically for updates. Things can change quickly around here.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-25 15:51:54 »
That would be great if you'll start texure mod for PRP mod :wink: I'm working on finishing PRP but models have no textures(exept eyes and mouth).Beware-there are LOT of work :-D

CarnageHeart

« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-25 17:28:10 »
Those are what most of us start with. I would recommend you get Everything on page one of Game Tweaking and Aali's custom driver.
Off the top of my head it's APZ's cloud model, Phoenix Rejuvenation Project, Slayersnext swords and potion, and Kula's avatars. Oh and My replacement FMVs. Then check the board periodically for updates. Things can change quickly around here.

Yeah I pretty much did those already, didn't notice the custom driver one, I'll have to look for that and I'll check out the Swords and Potions mod and your FMVs. =)

That would be great if you'll start texure mod for PRP mod :wink: I'm working on finishing PRP but models have no textures(exept eyes and mouth).Beware-there are LOT of work :-D

I'd be glad to help out =). I'm still fairly new at the whole graphics thing, but I'm confident I can do better than the out of the box textures ;P

Just gotta learn how everything is done in FFVII as far as their formats etc goes =)