Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 381909 times)

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Oh, something I wanted to mention. I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but the new Barret battle model has a bit of a problem. When Barret is hit with a status change that would cause him to glow (like berserk, regen, poison, etc) he doesn't glow, only his weapon does. I don't know if it's specifically me, or if it happens to everyone. I don't really mind, but I thought I should mention it to you good people.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
it's because barret has a texture and the weapon doesn't

obesebear

• View Profile
Oh, something I wanted to mention. I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but the new Barret battle model has a bit of a problem. When Barret is hit with a status change that would cause him to glow (like berserk, regen, poison, etc) he doesn't glow, only his weapon does. I don't know if it's specifically me, or if it happens to everyone. I don't really mind, but I thought I should mention it to you good people.
I think it has to do with him using very dark textures.

Tyr

• "To be forgotten is worse than death"
    • View Profile
I see that you are baking the textures, that is in my opinion almost cheating :p You just generate the textures, the models aren't overly complicated either. But it does look very good ;)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Eh, I could do the same sh*t by hand as I used to but if it speeds up my process, why NOT use it :P

I've only used it for a couple of things in this thread anyways. For some things I didn't even bake an AO overlay.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-17 11:11:29 by Millenia »

kaiserblade

am i the onyl one whos having this happen but the weapons dont load up and all i have is a blank area where clouds weapon is supose to be. anyone help me on this

kaiserblade

anyone know where to download Kula Wende's AC Cloud or has a torrent for it?

Seriously you need to chill out.  This isn't even remotely the correct thread.  Try searching.  You've been warned, and are now moderated.  Maybe this will give you some time to review the rules.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-20 01:57:50 by obesebear »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Don't double post, and use the search function next time

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9272.msg124543#msg124543

willis936

• View Profile
Wow that's impressive I never knew there was an original AC cloud model.

Also, THANK YOU mill, you are truly a god among men.

hasterdis

• View Profile
Hey guys, greetings, how's the work progress? hehe :P I recommend to finish one character and then other because if you do a part of "vincent" and a part of "cid" (example) you will finish all but there will take much time, my opinion, hehe, thanks for the great work :P

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile

Heh, i really like this model.
Don't like the outfit/dark look from AC but the face (and body (hint on arms shape)) are really well done.

obesebear

• View Profile

Heh, i really like this model.
Don't like the outfit/dark look from AC but the face (and body (hint on arms shape)) are really well done.
Cool story, now let's get back on topic

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
It was actually ontopic as i was comparing Timu/Millenia model to the AC one.
But you're right, let's move on.

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Hey, I really like all the weapons you have made so far I just really think that the buster sword should have the colors somewhat more like this because its resembles the original. I know its a bad recolor but its just so you get the point.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
There is a modified version floating about, which I used for this, but I'm not sure if it's been released.

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
@NCS
Do you mean an actual modified version for the weapon in game or just the start menu??  If you mean in battle would you be able to help me find it?

willis936

• View Profile
Since mill hasn't released it himself I'm going to go on a limb and say you won't find it anywhere here but as long as you don't share it you can modify it yourself.

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
I would love to give it a shot myself but unfortunately I have no idea how to get to the model itself to actually recolor it. When I get to the file from opening the battle lgp what can I do from there?  I'm really sorry i understand this is a basic question but I have never done anything like this before.

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Those models aren't really colored like standard weapons, but textured so you'll need some skill and/or more advanced graphic program, depending how much you wanna edit it.
 Use program like img2tex to convert "rtad" which is texture file into bmp, edit as you wish then save and convert back to tex file. You'll need to edit it's name and cut .tex which is added after conversion before you put it back to your battle.lgp.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio

Quick and dirty update >_>

hasterdis

• View Profile
I like that version, is more colored, I like the combination, are you studying graphics design, you are a good designer and fast, keep the work please, hehe :P

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Nice one as always, I'm quite subjective through as I would use your weapons in game even if you would replace Sephiroth Masamune with pink teddy bear on the stick. :P

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Wow Millenia you rock!... can't wait for a release.  I'm still gonna do what miseru said though so I can see what texturing is all about. I would love to learn.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Wow Millenia you rock!... can't wait for a release.  I'm still gonna do what miseru said though so I can see what texturing is all about. I would love to learn.

http://ff.millenia3d.net/shuriken_video.rar

Not really a tutorial, but shows my workflow.

I like that version, is more colored, I like the combination, are you studying graphics design, you are a good designer and fast, keep the work please, hehe :P

Nah, completely self taught
« Last Edit: 2010-07-22 06:41:10 by Millenia »

Timber

• View Profile
Quick and dirty update >_>

This is great! I think the only thing I would change is the materia slots, should be in the centre.
Don't get me wrong, most of the time I love your artistic license, but changing something as iconic as the Buster Sword too much, will make lots of people sad! :D